Whats up with Furry=Gey

zuulan

Oct 12, 2020
What i have noticed browsing on games, that every furry game automatically features gay protagonist and some gey orgy scenes. So basically if you see some furry picture you can bet money it includes gay. Is it random or some agreed signal for a certain audience find they content? Im not into Furry but i dont mind it either thought gey theme is not my content. So is Furry 100% gey always, so no need to bother to click on title.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
that every furry game automatically features gay protagonist and some gey orgy scenes.
Checked games with furry tags. In the first page only half the games are gay, one even have a female protagonist.

sliveart777

Nov 12, 2019
Checked games with furry tags. In the first page only half the games are gay, one even have a female protagonist.
That's still a pretty high ratio. Perhaps there's a statistically higher than average overlap between the furry community and the gay community.

Reactions: LS47

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
If I had to guess it is because furry feels less gay, it veers a bit closer to bestiality which also features a lot of dog and horse dicks and people don't mind it as much.

Usually furry games feature a lot of bisexual content which explains the gay tag being frequent.

Reactions: Drake1341

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
I have a friend making a game in a specific niche (not furry, something else), and he keeps telling me that he thinks his game is not going well because he didn't do like everyone else and include the most common fetishes for that specific niche.

I think there's just a great deal of compatibility between the furry niche and the gay tag, which leads to having more profit if you make a gay furry game than if your furry game is only straight.

It's only a theory, but if the market is overhwelmingly one way, it's probably a sign that people just like games to be that way in said market, or maybe there's a perception that it is required or profitable for games to be that way.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

Airell

Developer of Love and Corruption
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2017
I can't say in great detail as I don't participate in the furry community. What I do know is what I see in the usual furry games, and they always involve extreme fetishes... I'd say it's a universal trend in the community, just based on everything I've seen. You will hardly see a pure vanilla furry game.

I would say that there is always one or another person like me though. I make a game including furry, but I'm not a fan of extreme content. I just like furry girls, nothing more.

You won't see many vanilla people in the furry community, but there are always some exceptions.

Reactions: DuniX

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Reactions: F4C430

demonbra

May 5, 2021
It’s just a wild guess, and maybe I’m mixing the causes and the consequences, but I’m wondering if the existence of very popular games that included furies and homo sex started a trend. I’m thinking of Fonexo’s, and other text games where you could play almost anything you wanted. Might be interesting to research if the tendency is recent or if it is much older than that.

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
It’s just a wild guess, and maybe I’m mixing the causes and the consequences, but I’m wondering if the existence of very popular games that included furies and homo sex started a trend. I’m thinking of Fonexo’s, and other text games where you could play almost anything you wanted. Might be interesting to research if the tendency is recent or if it is much older than that.
It's older than that. The early polls from the 2000s are too small to be reliable, but they show a big LGB group.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
It's older than that. The early polls from the 2000s are too small to be reliable, but they show a big LGB group.
If anything I probably would blame so much furry cartoons in the 1900s, Hanna Barbera, Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner. So many children were raised on anthropomorphic cartoons that developing sexual affinity towards them makes total sense in my mind.

I mean just take a look at a very specific case like my little pony that spawned a whole generation of children wanting to fuck ponys.

Reactions: Jaike

GreenGobbo

Oct 18, 2018
What i have noticed browsing on games, that every furry game automatically features gay protagonist and some gey orgy scenes. So basically if you see some furry picture you can bet money it includes gay. Is it random or some agreed signal for a certain audience find they content? Im not into Furry but i dont mind it either thought gey theme is not my content. So is Furry 100% gey always, so no need to bother to click on title.
Maybe a buncha folks just really wanna feel a fuzzy wanger up their poopshoots.

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
I mean, I think the reason is just that the furry community itself is a very gay sexual fetish community, and the games with furry content reflect that. There isn't really a consensus on why that is the case about the furry community, and they seem to be super duper defensive about that blindingly obvious fact, but it's very clearly true. So if you don't want to play gay games, probably don't blindly download furry games. And if you do like gay furry games, then you're in luck!

Reactions: LS47

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
If anything I probably would blame so much furry cartoons in the 1900s, Hanna Barbera, Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner. So many children were raised on anthropomorphic cartoons that developing sexual affinity towards them makes total sense in my mind.

I mean just take a look at a very specific case like my little pony that spawned a whole generation of children wanting to fuck ponys.
Agree, I think Disney had a really big effect with all the anthro movies between 1980 and 2000. Poor kids had no idea what was coming for them...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018

I thought bronies were the ones fucking ponies?

z4pper

Sep 29, 2020
If you want a list of straight ones, check this thread:

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-straight-furry-game.40155/

Bavor

Aug 11, 2020
Isn't the furry community predominantly gay/bi/queer/whatever? Makes perfect sense that furry games will mostly be gay.
I only know a few furries in real life and every one of them is gay or trans or gender fluid. However, that's a sample size of a half dozen or less so its probably not statically relevant.