When do games reach the popular games category?

420blazeit

Jul 2, 2017
What does it take for a game to reach the popular game category? For example: Four Elements Trainer is a good game, good updates and has a big audience on the forum.
Why doesn't a game like that (for example) join the popular category?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
A few things chief amongst those being popularity.

Regular updates, number of comments, number of players, number of high ratings and activity.

Four Elements Trainer was first posted up in October of 2016 and only has 176 pages of comments and 28 reviews. Chances of it reaching the most popular games are very slim, it's not active enough.

Unless it starts to pick up and takes over the games already there.

That list is mainly based on views.

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
Maybe abandoned/finished games could be taken off after a certain period, I dunno.

d0ct0rd00m

Aug 5, 2017
Pages can be biased though, i mean look at Summertime Saga. its got a lot of pages but 90% of it is bitching and bugs. A good game like Four Elements which doesnt have many bugs and consistent updates wont have that.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
How many peeping on mom in shower scenes does it have though huh huh huh?

Sorry you legitimately can't get on popular games list without a peeking on mom in shower scene in your game.

Its the LAW.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Peeping on mom in the shower is the Judge Dredd of H games.

The Sylvester Stalone version.

It is .... the law.

Reactions: xןʞ

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
No mom peeping in Teacher's Pets or Dating my daughter... though there is wife and daughter peeping... fucking shower peeping scenes....

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Landlady and roomate.
It's the most absurd thing ever. I don't know what the solution is but I don't understand how people can play those games with those labels for the characters. I mean without a patch to return it back to what it was.
The landlady and roomate labels, while explaining in a very poor way why some people live together doesn't explain the interactions or the dynamic between the characters at all. It sounds so absurd to me that without a patch, I can't play a game like that at all.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
if you mean trending page then it probably is on there but at page 5 or 6 or something