When you download a new patch of the game?

Jun 14, 2018
I follow like 2-3 games and download them every single time when there is something new, but I noticed there are ~15min of gameplay in most of them, in each new version.

So do you download each new path, or just skip 3-4 until there is enough content for 40-60 min of gameplay??

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
every 3 updates. unless the update is huge like with milfy city or being a dik. those i play as soon as the update drops.

Reactions: scrumbles

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I follow like 2-3 games and download them every single time when there is something new, but I noticed there are ~15min of gameplay in most of them, in each new version.

So do you download each new path, or just skip 3-4 until there is enough content for 40-60 min of gameplay??
Depends on what you're getting out of the particular VN/Game and what you want out of it... It varies, but for me I usually wait long periods of time between revisits... But in my case, I try many different VN/Games over a given period of time, so it doesn't make sense for me to revisit any given VN/Game, every time it updates... You also have to look at how this particular market functions, since it is primarily amateur developer driven... On average it takes around 1 to 3 months for a new update release, even though a few do it faster and some take much longer... Add in the amount of content you get during each update, which varies from developer to developer, over the lengthy development time... Also, for some it may be all they work on, but for others it's just a hobby they work on, between all the other real life things they have to juggle at the same time... Also, sometimes an update is just bug fixes, with little to no real additional content added, while other times you may get a bunch of new content, that is perhaps riddled with bugs and text issues because it wasn't tested or edited properly (in essence it was rushed out for public consumption too early)... The variations of influence on development and outcome from development are vast and many...

So in the end, I usually don't revisit most VN/Games I've tried, until anywhere from 6 months to a year have passed... There are a few occasions were I may just wait for a handful of updates, and other times I may wait well over a year... It just depends on what time I make available for revisits, and how interested I am in a revisit... A few times I've been asked to do a revisit by the developers themselves, in a private message, and when I get the time I typically do that...

I can perfectly understand the desire to follow specific VN/Games that you really enjoy, very closely, over it's development cycle... But because of variants in amount of content, time to create updates, and quality levels of some updates, I can't see myself checking every update as it comes out... For me it would be like a VERY SLOW tease... As most, if not all, VN/Games in this market have a tendency to take years to complete, if they even reach a full completion at all... Would you want to read just one chapter of a really good book every 1 to 3 months, and perhaps take over a year+ to finally complete reading that one book? Not me...

Zip

Last edited:

Carion_Crow

Apr 10, 2018
I wait until the new bug reports come in and see what broke. Sometimes it breaks the whole game. Lilith Throne has had new bugs to existing content with each update since I started following it.

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
3 months is about the minimum for a dev to make reasonable amount of content in terms of CG sex scenes to make it worth it to dl a patch.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
Depends on the Game. Some Games I wait a while others I play every update. But I always start a few saves back so I can smoothly play through it.

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
The games that i have on my list get updated like every 3-6 months so i play them, when they come out.

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
I generally just read the changelogs. Most of them are fairly good about describing what's new. You can sort of gauge how much content is in there from those. I follow games randomly, not specifically. I often check the "Latest Games & Updates" page here and if I see one I know I liked before I'll see what's new.