Where do you get your VN/Renpy assets from?

Psan2022

Mar 8, 2022
Good afternoon everyone!

I have a little question to everyone who has or is programming VN/RenPy style games. May I ask where do you get your assets from for those type of games? As I am scrolling through various Ren Py games I usually see two types of assets. The anime styled ones and the more realistic looking ones. And assetwise the games which fall into either category tend to look very similar to each other. So I assume there is a specific software to create those assets.

As my hobby is programming small little games for myself in Unity I usually get my assets from the Unity Store or if there is a deal on humblebundle I buy those. But even after a googling session I was not able to find a definitve answer to where to get those lewd assets. (Maybe I searched wrong?) But what I could find is that some games rip the animations and assets from Honey Select?

I am asking because I am playing with the thought to give RenPy a shot but I dont want to infringe a copyright by ripping assets from another game.

Greetings,
P(roducer)-san

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
If you're interested in Daz3d but don't want to spend a lot of money, you might want to start only with the older models, Genesis 2 (Genesis 3 and 8 are newer) as they are relatively cheap. The results will not look as impressive as the newer models but will be relatively cheap to buy and render quicker on older machines than the newer models.

Then see if you can get the hang of the whole process: designing a game, writing dialogs, coding, rendering and fitting everything together and then decide if you want to invest more resources into more expensive models and faster hardware.

My most important advice for you is think small in your first game. Write a tiny game you can start and finish and see if it opens your appetite for a larger project.

Good luck!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
To everything that have been said, you can also open your eyes while on the forum main page. Let's say that there you'll find a "how to know if I'm good enough for Daz without spending a dime" section.

• Haha
Reactions: Vinyard

Psan2022

Mar 8, 2022
Short answer: From the DAZ Store, renderhub, renderotica, renderosity.
Thank you very much for all of the suggestions! I will look through them.

If you're interested in Daz3d but don't want to spend a lot of money, you might want to start only with the older models, Genesis 2 (Genesis 3 and 8 are newer) as they are relatively cheap. The results will not look as impressive as the newer models but will be relatively cheap to buy and render quicker on older machines than the newer models.

Then see if you can get the hang of the whole process: designing a game, writing dialogs, coding, rendering and fitting everything together and then decide if you want to invest more resources into more expensive models and faster hardware.

My most important advice for you is think small in your first game. Write a tiny game you can start and finish and see if it opens your appetite for a larger project.

Good luck!
I am looking through the Daz3D shop but I cant seem to find the lewd section. I assume I have to register to see them right? And yes, I intend to make a small lewd game for the first time (since I am not experienced in making lewd games at all). My experience is limited to a few dozen little games programmed in unity, haha.

I am seeing too many abandonned games on this site, it is a shame. But lets see how I will fare in this endeavour. Daz3d models seem to be compatible with Blender. I have to do some research if they could be also imported into the Source Filmmaker, which is a little bit easier to handle.

To everything that have been said, you can also open your eyes while on the forum main page. Let's say that there you'll find a "how to know if I'm good enough for Daz without spending a dime" section.
I don't know if thats a joke or not because I cant seem to find that section, haha.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
Lewd in Daz3d is not very clear.

1. What I'm about to write refers to Genesis 8, not sure about older models, sorry. Genesis 8 out of the box comes without genitalia, i.e. no cock, no cunt. You'll have to purchase a base model (at least one of each gender) so you'll have genitalia. Here is an .
2. Once you have at least one DAZ3d base model of each gender, head out to renderotica.com and purchase functioning sex organs. I'm happy with Meipe's Dicktator (for boys) and Golden Palace (for girls) but there are alternative solutions. These lewds will work on your Daz characters assuming you have at least one character of each gender.

Good luck.