Where is Editra

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
(Already post this in general chat, but probably will find the help i need here)
Im a newbie making his first game in Ren Py, and everywhere i see people recommending Editra as the newbie text editor, but i cant find it anywhere! Its no longer up in the Renpy page, and the main page is dead too. Any help??

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Editra was removed as the standard text editor from Ren'Py 7.4.0. The recommended editor is now (in combination with package). Editra isn't being updated anymore and is already quite old.

V.A. Laurie

Game Writer & Editor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Editra was removed as the standard text editor from Ren'Py 7.4.0. The recommended editor is now (in combination with package). Editra isn't being updated anymore and is already quite old.
That's a shame as I did quite like Editra. It was fairly basic but that's all I need.

Mephistofeles

Jul 9, 2017
Thanks for the answer, despite being from Softonic hahaha.
I figured out anyway, it is posible to dowload it from the Renpy laucher in the ''Editors'' section. Though now this leave me thinking. Its atom better? Should i try that one?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Thanks for the answer, despite being from Softonic hahaha.
I figured out anyway, it is posible to dowload it from the Renpy laucher in the ''Editors'' section. Though now this leave me thinking. Its atom better? Should i try that one?
Every tutorial on renpy I have seen, and I have nearly seen them all now, or so it seems, uses atom.