Where is the line? (Incest)

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
Good Day!
I create a game where incest was not supposed, but the further the more I am inclined to this. I flipped through a couple of topics on this topic and a couple of questions arose:

1. Where is the line in this matter? If a daughter kisses her father on the lips - is this incest?

2. Do I understand correctly that if a couple adopted a child, then it will still be considered incest?

3. A family friend urgently needs to fly to another country, and he asks to leave his daughters for some time in your home. You basically live as a family, and then a relationship is struck. Will this also be considered incest?

Sorry for my English, hope you understand what I wrote.

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
Yo

Just a peck? No. It's just (D/F, S/F, D/M, S/M) love.
Trying to lick the tonsils, maybe a bit...? ;)

Depends of too many factors. Education, country, religion... Some will say it is, some others will say it's not.

Clearly, no. Jeopardize his friendship, yes.

Reactions: Roezaka

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
theres a line to incest .. like how do you figure theres a line ... it either exists or not ... your having sex with family or not

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
#2 is incest according to Patreon if the adopted child grew up with the 'parents'.

#3 is not incest
Not really sure for the #3, because the #2 goes in fact further than that in Patreon's mind. They don't define "incest" as sex inside a family structure, but inside a family-like one. Therefore, it would depend of what Roezaka mean by "leave his daughters for some time in your home", and when the story will begin.
If the story start after two/three months, it can pass. But if it's like in too many recent games, where the MC is left for apparently his whole life, around the age of 10, and the story start when he finally is of legal age, then Patreon would qualify this as "incest". Simply because during all those years they became a family. The mother would not be like a mother for him (like can be some of our friend's mother), but she would now be a second mother ; she would be the one that, for years, acted as her mother and in name of her.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Good Day!
I create a game where incest was not supposed, but the further the more I am inclined to this. I flipped through a couple of topics on this topic and a couple of questions arose:

1. Where is the line in this matter? If a daughter kisses her father on the lips - is this incest?

2. Do I understand correctly that if a couple adopted a child, then it will still be considered incest?

3. A family friend urgently needs to fly to another country, and he asks to leave his daughters for some time in your home. You basically live as a family, and then a relationship is struck. Will this also be considered incest?

Sorry for my English, hope you understand what I wrote.
  1. It depends. If the kiss doesn't lead anywhere and is totally innocent, then no, but if either character finds the kiss sexual and it leads to something after that, then yes.
  2. Yes, adoption is considered incest even though there's no blood relation.
  3. No, that wouldn't be considered incest unless the person who leaves dies and the person whose care they are left in becomes their legal guardian, and also if they live like this for a number of years, i.e. the girls were 10 and 12 when their parent died and now they are 18 and 20.

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
Thank you all for the valuable information.
I have a few more examples:

2. The couple adopted two 17-year-old daughters, the game begins after half a year when they turned 18. Is half a year enough to be considered incest?

3. If you go even further, the game begins a week after adoption. (I'm not sure whether it is possible to adopt an 18 year old girl:devilish:). And then she asks the protagonist "can I call you dad?" And then the hero begins to think that he rather sees in her an object of sexual desire and not a daughter.
In the end, she begins to call him dad. They live as father and daughter with several game updates without a hint of a relationship. (a week or two). And only then the movement towards relations begins. What will the patrion say about this?

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
interesting questions :
1 can you even say a 18 can not be adopted .. seeing legally she is of age ... and so any relations with her would be legal ... so incest wouldn't what i would call it ..
2 i think you could adopt a 17 yr old ... and ya i think it would be incest , having sex with her ..

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

2. The couple adopted two 17-year-old daughters, the game begins after half a year when they turned 18. Is half a year enough to be considered incest?

3. If you go even further, the game begins a week after adoption. (I'm not sure whether it is possible to adopt an 18 year old girl:devilish:). And then she asks the protagonist "can I call you dad?" And then the hero begins to think that he rather sees in her an object of sexual desire and not a daughter.
In the end, she begins to call him dad. They live as father and daughter with several game updates without a hint of a relationship. (a week or two). And only then the movement towards relations begins. What will the patrion say about this?
It's a real grey area and it all depends on a) getting caught by Patreon and b) what they would decide if they caught you.

Having sex with someone under your legal guardianship could either be considered incest, or grooming, or both. Again though, it depends how pedantic Patreon would be, but it should be something that flies under the radar if done properly, i.e. the sexual activity begins only after they've turned 18 and it's mutually consensual.

My advice would be to just continue doing what you're doing but to prepare for the possibility of having to alter the story later on. Chances are you won't get caught because you'll be too small-time for the Patreon censors to notice and your patrons will likely not see anything wrong with it either so there won't be any risk of them reporting you.

P.S. If you ever need someone to proofread your English, let me know. :giggle:

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
It's a real grey area and it all depends on a) getting caught by Patreon and b) what they would decide if they caught you.

Having sex with someone under your legal guardianship could either be considered incest, or grooming, or both. Again though, it depends how pedantic Patreon would be, but it should be something that flies under the radar if done properly, i.e. the sexual activity begins only after they've turned 18 and it's mutually consensual.

My advice would be to just continue doing what you're doing but to prepare for the possibility of having to alter the story later on. Chances are you won't get caught because you'll be too small-time for the Patreon censors to notice and your patrons will likely not see anything wrong with it either so there won't be any risk of them reporting you.

P.S. If you ever need someone to proofread your English, let me know. :giggle:
i'm american , as being such never ask me to proofread shit .. i speak improper english

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017

To both questions, unless you make a game that copy the rules of our world (rules established by which country anyway? you can marry a 15yo girl in a country, 100km farther, it's 19yo and you'll be beheaded if you touch a 18yo girl... isn't it ridiculous?), you can create your own world with your own rules. As long as you respect the "basics" rules of the site that distribute your game. Let them review your ideas and game, if it comply, good, if not, try to find another one accepting that, if you really want to do the things as you want. No?
That's why this site is hosted in the Mariana Trench.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
To both questions, unless you make a game that copy the rules of our world (rules established by which country anyway? you can marry a 15yo girl in a country, 100km farther, it's 19yo and you'll be beheaded if you touch a 18yo girl... isn't it ridiculous?), you can create your own world with your own rules. As long as you respect the "basics" rules of the site that distribute your game. Let them review your ideas and game, if it comply, good, if not, try to find another one accepting that, if you really want to do the things as you want. No?
That's why this site is hosted in the Mariana Trench.
thats true , i mean look at america for example theres 2 states so far that allows incest .. and a 3rd that considers it to be a misdemeanor ,, which i found to be amazing , i never thought that would happen

Reactions: BobKels0

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
(I'm not sure whether it is possible to adopt an 18 year old girl:devilish:).
For information, globally (it still depend of the country of course) you can adopt almost whatever the age of the person ; if the adopted person is an adult (or a teenager in some countries) then he also have to personally agree for the adoption. The only limit is in the age difference ; the person you adopt must be younger than you, with a gap going from 10 to 20 years depending of the country. If the person you'll adopt is the child of your spouse, the age difference can be smaller.

This being said, if there's adoption and the girl ask if she could call the MC "dad", then Patreon will surely see the game as "incest".

Reactions: BruceLee73

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
interesting questions :
1 can you even say a 18 can not be adopted .. seeing legally she is of age ... and so any relations with her would be legal ... so incest wouldn't what i would call it ..
2 i think you could adopt a 17 yr old ... and ya i think it would be incest , having sex with her ..
thats not true. you can be adopted at any age.
f.e. a number of people paid money to be adopted by some aristocrats/nobility just to get to have that name/title addition.
(mostly b/c celebs). Of course thats not what its meant for, but its still legal.
I know a case where a brothelowner bought himself a title this way. He was around 50 already and just found it fancy to call himself prince of whatever. Of course its solely about the title. Quite a source of income for depleted nobility.

Also my grandfather wanted to adopt me after I turned 18. Just didnt work because he suddenly died before it was done.

and another thing: incest is not a matter of age. it doesnt matter if your 6 or 36. Sex with family members is still incest.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

apart from that I ve got a question considering Patreon and f95 rules.

say you got a story which starts out with a daughter moving in with her father after he had been in jail all her life
and after some time there were... unhealthy interactions. At the time the daughter thought it was incest, but the "father" would then reveal she wasnt his daughter due to an affair of her mother.

a) Would that basically be acceptable?
b) And if so, would it be necessary to clear that up right at the beginning (like a foreshadowing?)
Caus at the point where the story starts (when she moves in) she doesnt know yet and the story takes a moment or two till that moment of revelation would hit...

Reactions: Londo_Mollari

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
thats not true. you can be adopted at any age.
f.e. a number of people paid money to be adopted by some aristocrats/nobility just to get to have that name/title addition.
(mostly b/c celebs). Of course thats not what its meant for, but its still legal.
I know a case where a brothelowner bought himself a title this way. He was around 50 already and just found it fancy to call himself prince of whatever. Of course its solely about the title. Quite a source of income for depleted nobility.

Also my grandfather wanted to adopt me after I turned 18. Just didnt work because he suddenly died before it was done.

and another thing: incest is not a matter of age. it doesnt matter if your 6 or 36. Sex with family members is still incest.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

apart from that I ve got a question considering Patreon and f95 rules.

say you got a story which starts out with a daughter moving in with her father after he had been in jail all her life
and after some time there were... unhealthy interactions. At the time the daughter thought it was incest, but the "father" would then reveal she wasnt his daughter due to an affair of her mother.

a) Would that basically be acceptable?
b) And if so, would it be necessary to clear that up right at the beginning (like a foreshadowing?)
Caus at the point where the story starts (when she moves in) she doesnt know yet and the story takes a moment or two till that moment of revelation would hit...
On F95, absolutely. On Patreon, definitely not as they define incest not only as blood relatives but adoptive relatives, step relatives and psuedo relatives such as the situation you described. Pretty much the only way around it is to parody a pre-exsisting work, Game of Thrones for example, in which incest is present.

What you need to do is create a patch that alters the relationship so that, in the *wink* official version they are not in any way related but in the *wink* unofficially patched version they are. Obviously don't make it so the patch is clearly traceable to you, upload under a different username and preferably from a different ISP, your phone's data plan would be fine.

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
On F95, absolutely. On Patreon, definitely not as they define incest not only as blood relatives but adoptive relatives, step relatives and psuedo relatives such as the situation you described. Pretty much the only way around it is to parody a pre-exsisting work, Game of Thrones for example, in which incest is present.

What you need to do is create a patch that alters the relationship so that, in the *wink* official version they are not in any way related but in the *wink* unofficially patched version they are. Obviously don't make it so the patch is clearly traceable to you, upload under a different username and preferably from a different ISP, your phone's data plan would be fine.
thanks.

Sounds quite problematic for me. Caus I ve got to write some auto-biographic story in which I already had to alter the age stuff
(sadly reality doesnt always follow the laws nor the patreon restrictions). Now altering the story towards a non-related relationship would turn an utterly sad story into an utterly ridiculous sad story...
hmmm... got some thinking to do I guess :O

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
thanks.

Sounds quite problematic for me. Caus I ve got to write some auto-biographic story in which I already had to alter the age stuff
(sadly reality doesnt always follow the laws nor the patreon restrictions). Now altering the story towards a non-related relationship would turn an utterly sad story into an utterly ridiculous sad story...
hmmm... got some thinking to do I guess :O
leaves some room for autobiographic stories. If unsure I'd suggest mailing Patreon directly and working with them to get it to a point where it is acceptable. I mailed them once when unsure about something and was helped very well (though it might also paint a target on your back, dunno).
We understand that some topics on this list such as incest or rape are a little bit more complicated because these situations are, unfortunately, part of real life. As a result, when reviewing these types of creations, the Trust and Safety team will take into consideration context including personal, historical or educational narrative. For example, survivor stories or fiction such as Game of Thrones or Lolita are allowed on Patreon.

John Walker Black

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I'm going to make it simple for you and assume you are referring to Patreon for what they will allow or will not allow.
This is a quote from a patreon staff member to me directly after kicking two of my games off patreon.
Using the words " Mother, Mom, Mommy, Father, Dad, Daddy, Son Daughter Uncle Aunt or Cousin including Step and Adoption is considered "Incest" by the Patreon Safty Team and your account may be suspended if not brought to within Patreon safety guidelines."

F... Patreon build your own website or use subscribe star and make your game your way according to the laws of the country in which you reside.
I make more money on my private website than what I made on Patreon or Subscribestar.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020

Sounds like a game that would be popular. Make it!

Yes this is the answer right here