VN - Ren'Py - Where It All Began [Ch. 3 Full] [Oceanlab]

1. 3.00 star(s)

♂Brout&Minou♀

The story is a little too childish for me. At first, I saw a great intrigue in prospect. I said to myself, we are going to discover the characters with the introduction of their story and the links either with the MC or with his family. Their involvement in every part of the plot, but until the end of Chapter 6, even the Mc's background is barely revealed. The dialogue is superficial (still lots of spelling, grammar, etc.), and...well, everything about this game is superficial. The NPCs know things they've never heard of, and everything is confusing to the point that it becomes impossible to delve into this story. Also impossible to develop a relationship with a particular LI, and the same for a possible harem mod. The dev has to concentrate a lot more, and write the whole story, before launching, rather than writing bits of story on a corner of a paper tablecloth. It is clear that the ambition of the dev far exceeds its capacity in the field of writing. It's quite ironic given the profession of the Mc. I'm not saying that meanly. The story is good and has a lot of potential. Here, all the characters are intriguing down to the smallest details of their lives, and every information about one of them is thrown like a bomb, and then a great upheaval in the story is expected, but we remain suspended without knowing if this implies other consequences. A simple narration at the introduction of each character would suffice to understand what their position was before the Mc fled from his home and how they evolved during his absence. Then, we would have to develop the paths of each LI separately to make them possible, rather than suggesting that the Mc wants to fuck anything with two legs. There are also other issues such as the plausibility of events. For example, a simple punch in the face as a prison guard is worth a week of survival for the Mc, while letting his girlfriend Miru get fucked buys him only one day? Really? Without mentioning the fact that Miru seems to be part of a yakuza family, which masters the art of combat. She would like to kill Danna, the woman she was cheated on, but she lets herself be fucked by an inmate without question, to save her boyfriend? seriously? That she agrees to make deliveries for the gang to save the Mc's butt remained reasonable, but the rest... We don't believe it for a second. On top of that, she disappears without giving any explanation to the Mc, after doing all that How his 20-year-old twin Leia became the boss of several nightclubs, or his friend Dana the same age became a famous lawyer who earns 6 figures a year... I mean Wow! What incredible women. All this remains possible, but it is necessary to deepen the explanations to make this story coherent. Also, the female dialogues need to be reworked. Not all women talk like truckers, damn it! In short, there's a lot of untapped potential here, and it's going to take a lot of work to give this story the immersion it deserves. The new version has better renders and animations, but so far I don't see any improvement yet, just some changes. That said, I personally find the new Miru (closer to its sister in the first version) much more beautiful. Their relationship seems much better too. Naughty games and a lot of complicity between them. I like it and I hope these changes are a sign of a good evolution. Hopefully these changes will be better oriented, to fully exploit the full potential of this game. I rate 3/5, because I guess a lot of ideas for improvements. The images are beautiful, and the scenes are well done. Some scenes are really funny. The cousin who swallows the umbrella in the bar, or the girls who are completely stoned who fight with a raccoon. I wish good luck to the dev. If he deserves to be criticized, he also deserves to be encouraged to give so much richness to his game, in accordance with his ideas.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jrwizzard

So I dont write these very often anymore, I will leave the bad reviews to others...

I didnt recognize any of the normal stuff, but I am not familiar with renpy VNs enough to say that all the art stuff is new, nothing reused.

I can say that whoever directed the camera/lighting/etc did an outstanding job. Some of those transitions were AAA quality. One point of contention, please add like a hold to skip button(or something) so I dont accidentally skip a cutscene again.

The music was right there too, queued and stopped perfectly, and blended with the scene.

There isnt really any story yet, just some background and a peak at drama to come.

I liked the quirky humor the MC has with his girlfriend, thank god it doenst extend beyond them.

Naughty animations look really good, all the animations look really good.

So far the quality is excellent, better than a few I have seen sold on Steam, hopefully the story develops and matches. I cant wait to see more.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

GemKiller

I was really upset reading the girl's dialogue lines. It is like a boy in a chat wants to pretend to be a girl !!!
    English problems during the game. Many misspellings and bad words are used. Lots of weird phrases. The author even claims to have a proofreader who is shocking!
    Many women in the game have the same body type
    Animation is not enough
    Dirty scenes with side characters are not enough
    Sexual situations are often aroused and then you just suck or suck on your breasts. The story does not try to push this issue in almost every case. In most cases, no other offensive content is available for this LI when you have sex with them.
    Instead of developing existing characters and reinforcing their stories, the author continues to introduce more and more sub-characters.
    The scene in the prison with MC teaching a female guard was a great disappointment! The author could really do something special here with his aggressive / forced depth. The scene was beautiful with a fist to the face and a man licking the MC bar hard. Whoever sees this will not buy it. Does MC's friend in the dungeon just accept his words without a witness? I expected the barracks to scream for help, while the MC kept forcing his mouth to deepen over and over again as his makeup stained his face. MC could constantly slap him in the face and tell him to do better. It could have been a good scene instead of the bad one we got! MC and the guards did not sell the scene in any way.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

amster22

I had played the previous version a couple of year ago. The story was intriguing and excellent, but besides that I was not really impressed.

But this rework is in another league. The renders are just stunning and I spent several minutes to admire each of them (every aspect is close to perfection: lighting, framing, DoF, details in the scenes, expressions, eye reflections, etc). Very few sex scenes ATM, but with an incredible animation (and many small anims in the story). The narrative is excellent, one of the best I have seen; you slowly discover the personality of the chars and the underlying story thanks to small details, remarks, expressions, close up, etc; excellent mix of textual and visual aspects. The story is always as mysterious and fascinating. And, cherry on the cake, an excellent musical soundtrack and background sounds.

In terms of quality, without any doubt one of the very best game I have played.
    The only drawback is that to maintain such a high standard the dev will need decades to achieve this masterpiece! But I prefer that to these rushed out games that we generally see.
    Continue this outstanding work.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

botaniq_1

This is the first game where i felt really uncomfortable when reading girl's dialogue lines. It is like a guy in chat who is trying to pretend he is a girl
    And mc looking like a giga chad does not add any immersion
    Everything else looks nice so i rate it as 3* for animated transitions with beautiful music
  6. 5.00 star(s)

blazejro

My second favorite game.
    Ocean, you are doing an amazing job with creating this type of game.
    Also, the music is really, really nice. Cannot wait for the next release.
    By playing such games, a person identifies himself with the hero and his internal dilemmas. 5/5
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Jonnyboi6

So far the remake is amazing. the artwork so so solid and the story is intriguing. This has some of the best animations I have seen in a game here!

The story appears to have a lot of depth already thought out and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this one to come, especially if the animations continue to maintain the level of quality seen so far.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Droodlez

I played this reworked version and then go back to play the old version to compare them, and holyshit it's day and night different.
    The old version was pretty good and it hooked me, but the visuals of the early chapters are... terrible, if I'm being honest, they did improve in the later ones.
    This new version is, damn, easily the best thing I have seen in any AVN. The details in the models, the scenes, the lightings, etc. are insanely well-produced. And the writing has improved a lot compared to first chapter of the old version, although there isn't much to discuss about the story for now because it has been rewritten and it's only chapter 1. I'll edit this review when there is more content to talk about, I like how things are going for now.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

DanielR

One of the top quality gamers out there, good renders, animation, music and and intriguing story. Did not play the initial version of the game, therefore I will have to wait for the future updates to understand more on what's waiting for us. Overall a very good game.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

CCrusader

For v0.1 Reworked Beta:
    What an amazing experience. From renders to story it's a masterpiece. I'm kinda mad at myself that I didn't know that Ocean had a second game. I'm a supporter of Summer's Gone for over a year and only now have I realized that he has a second game. Just take my money already and good luck. I can't wait for the next release <3
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Ethanar

Artwork, Characters, Story .... simply one of the best visual novels out here :)
    I can't wait to see more and I am hooked already. Totally recommend this one (and I played almost every VN there is ;D)
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Dr Secz

Graphics are perfect, animation short but provoking, I like that. Story... Well I personally think that you started to much open minded with characters. Should keep it low profile... Don't talk like that easily about open relationship. Give us something to wonder about. I already know that he will fuck his best friend. I don't like that. Teas a bit
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

v0.1 Reworked beta

Well I was waiting for reworked version of ch1. I only knew about this game after playing summers gone. So I played the old version of this game. When I saw the render quality I was kinda disappointed. Even though render quality was better than a lot of games in this site. So I was really glad when I heard dev was reworking this game. Other thing I didn't liked in the older version was Miru. MC's relationship with her was forced. And she was annoying bitch and her model is bad. Sometimes her facial expression was weird. So I dropped the game after playing until half of the ch2. And waited for reworked version. But ocean changed all his faults in this reworked version

* Render quality and cutscenes are top notch
    * Plot is similar but made several changes
    * All girl's model is beautiful
    * Miru is now a lovely and caring person

* MC looks good

Waiting for next updates. Ocean is indeed a perfectionist
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Aristro

Really excited about the new rework. Story, Dialogues, characters etc were already awesome. Now Animations are really great as well. I also love new models...

Pros:-
    • Great Graphics
    • Great Animation
    • Great Story
    • Nice dialogues
    • Interesting characters
    Cons:-
    None so far...
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Kaay

a game where i didn't mute Music which is nearly impossible because of how insanely tasteful and great the music is

insane models sexy and gorgeous and the characters personalty is really really great
    story and test are just great and also funny
    Renders is the best i have seen

all in all its a top game for sure and seriously i cant describe it with words
    and don't know what to say more
    keep up the insane and unbelievable work and wish u the best Dev and thanks for this master piece ( bow of respect )
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Matt_88

The 1ste version was good and one-off my favorite games.
    Butt this new version just WOW. Those visuals are out there so good!
    The dev makes great stories so far and can't wait to find out the changes and how it all go's further. Keep up the good work.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2031788

For me the reworked Version really turned out great. The Renders look great just like in SG. The Animations are some of the best i've ever seen in those types of games. Like mostly everyone, i'm hoping for faster updates. Keep up the good work Ocean.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Lorenz1

To the 1 chapter of the re-release.

5/5 cause it is Ocean, one of the few standards of quality in the industry.

Finished the first re-released chapter and honestly, it feels like an empty tease. A lot of pretty things, some funny interactions, a bit of flashing out of the relationships - but we had already seen all of that. Main plot-wise nothing had changed, so if you played the previous version of the game you are not loosing out on much if you just ignore this release.

It is pretty, it is shiny, it has music, new renders and some characterisation, but ultimately so far it is a FIFA 20XX, all the same things in a flashier wrap. And a lot of animations to fap to, though.

If you are coming to this game for the NTR, ignore this release (obviously). Nothing to be found in the first chapter, as it should be.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Shroluken

Review of v0.1 Reworked

This has honestly proven to me that ocean is insane at what he does.
    It's hard to put just into words how stunning this game is, it has the best animations in any game, the best renders in any game, the best character models of any game, all by a sizeable margin.

I feel like I could infinitely list good things about this game, the writing is also good and overall it's hard to find a flaw.
    And let's get into the real stuff, the renders are honestly insane, it's so far ahead of other games that you need to play the game yourself to truly understand.

Let's talk about the animations......... Uhh how do I put this into words, they are so ahead of every other ren'py game that you might aswell think you are playing a game that is supposed to release 5 years in the future, as with the other stuff, you really have to try the game yourself to understand what I mean.
    Basically you could take any frame from a cinematic animation and make it a wallpaper, that's what I'm trying to say.

And the character models, oh the character models, truly the best I've seen in any game, and that's saying a lot knowing he's going up against a lot of amazing competition, not trying to say that all the other games look bad, just that this is the top in my personal opinion.

Easy 5/5 for me, you have really mastered your craft ocean, keep it up.
  20. 2.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

A generic Visual Novel with 'click to see next slide or line of text' gameplay and some in-game choices that really lead to nowhere. This title is clearly designed to be a NTR kink and if you turn it off, you'll miss lots of content and also adult NTR scenes (and end up having rather one-dimensional and very restricted experience). The story itself is far too weird to be interesting or believable (stars off as another 'young-guy-finds-himself-living-with-a-bunch-of-girls' cliche). It is also inconsistent and confusing with constant change of viewpoints, way too many side characters (especially male characters) and the pacing of events (the story goes from one riddiculous scene to another, a crowd of characters appear or dissapear suddenly without any reason.) All characters are rather eccentric and weird for the sake of being weird. Renders are decent but your main girl (the girl with whom you'll get almost all sex scenes) is not my kink (weird grimmed, petite, asian nutjob.) And the hottest girl is the main bitch with whom you'll constantly fight or agrue even if you don't want to (no respect for player preferences). All other girls serve only as a teasing or blue-balling baits (some flashing, grabbing or cuddling.) So, you're basically surrounded by hot girls but have no sex or you're stuck with the ugliest one. And all girls act like they suffer from serious mental issues (anger bursts, hysteria attacks etc.) It's not appealing or sexy at all. It is really weird, messy, totally unimmersive and designed to be strictly NTR story.