VN - Ren'Py - Where It All Began [Ch. 3 Full] [Oceanlab]

1. 3.00 star(s)

3r1z0

Another world populated with psychos and predators. The story is hard to decipher, not just because of the spelling and syntax. MC isn't likeable enough to justify the adoration of every woman, but it's balanced by the female characters being violent sociopaths. Some characters are beautifully rendered... others seem half-baked.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

jadezz

Rating for Version 0.6:

Just wow. Played the game a few months ago (pre 0.5) for the first time and it was at least interesting, renders looked fine, story was okay, quite some interesting kinks, nice sex scenes, but only average characters, etc. So would rate pre 0.5 as a good game but even completely forgot about it so nothing special imo. Only played it by chance again.

Now after playing post 0.5 I completely changed my mind.

- there are a looot of different routes
    - the characters start to become quite interesting
    - the story became amazing (some parts nearly made me cry)
    - really great animations
    - the new character models look amazing
    - there's already a lot of content
    - the writing style is good too

overall really amazing game and can't wait for the next update.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Kemal Ataturk

One of the greatest games around here but lacks in content. Updates are painfully slow too. Some of the early renders need rework to be on par with the newer ones, some consistency issues with textures here and there, facial expressions at times are weirding me out.

Update as of Chapter 2 rework: Dev listened and reworked the entire game with astonishing renders throughout. Updates are still incredibly slow though..:HideThePain:
  4. 3.00 star(s)

zeroidk

Found this one randomly, no expectations here. I got more interested in the plot than I expected, but overall it definitely needs some work. The dialogue is so clearly written by a non-native English speaker a lot of the time, which is fine, but it needs some help. Events also don't really make sense at times, such as when Miru just packs up and walks off from a campsite hours away from town yet is photographed walking with someone that same evening. Kinda ruined the whole truth/dare fun when the MC just skimmed over his one-and-only up and leaving the middle of woods by herself randomly for the sake of girls in underwear lol. Renders can also be rough at times, especially on the arms of the female characters - Miru and others have such wacky-looking broad arms sometimes it'd be humorous if it weren't so freaky.

Biggest issue for me was the narrative felt rushed from the start - MC receives a phone call, then immediate sex with rando woman at that point followed by random house with random people you're supposed to sympathize with. Then once some characterization gets going, they're dropped for a while. It makes most scenes feel superficial and rough. That said, the scenes with Katie were pretty well written, especially at that campsite. I think the dev should be focusing more on that type of content. The transition scenes are probably the best aspect of this game, the dev did a great job there.

It's difficult because I see what the dev is going for here, and I think it could be a really good game, it's just missing too much dialogue and nuance. I really can't give it more than 3.5 stars.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Plaguerave

First play through had downloaded this awhile back.

Miru is funny in a weird way almost reminds me of a ex of mine that when I got in trouble I was "grounded from uh happiness" for a while but it didn't stop her from having me make her um happy!

Story wise so far kinda tugs at strings especially when you learn of how shitty MC and Twin treated younger sister.

I want to know more about the Twin and how she became the way she is and I admire her courage with some of the choices she made I wont ruin it for those that haven't played yet.

I hope at some point MC can bring Twin and Younger sister together to at least where their not ready to commit homicide against each other.

Further more I really want to know more about what happened to the mom she seems sweet caring etc I almost assumed she was dosed with too much Symphony or something that gave her the inability to speak until I got further in and now I have a few theories but their just that theories.

Great job looking forward to more!

"Squirrel with boobs" lol still cracks me up!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Lewddude125

Fantastic! Went into this with little expectations, but the characters and interactions with everyone was outstanding. It seems like the developer wasn't sure what to do with the story early on, but once you get towards the end and the entire game production improves, I realized that this one is gonna be a real banger.

Very excited to see what the remaster will do to the early scenes, and where the dev takes it from here. Great work!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

daemonblackfyre

Wow I like this game you got me into this story & I want to know more, really like the taboo angle a lot (love the sisters please more more of Leia, Katie). This new update is a great improvement in my opinion (I respectfully disagree with some people's opinion; but hey it's there opinion about this new update).
    The consequences of the decisions you make during the game changes the story, it can have be very different outcomes. I had to play this game more than one time to see it, l liked this a lot.

* I like the girl models.
    * Really love the new graphics
    * I like the decision making options during the game.
    * New update got better menu, the look.
    * Really like the Gallery.
    * The new animations are top notch pure art great improvement.
    * The music intro more points.

PS: Please more taboo scenes, Leia & Katie please. And I a really hope hope Cecilia is the protagonist unknown sister somehow, she look super hot.
    The previous update was a 85 % approval .
    I give this game a 96 % new approval.
    You really elevated the game for the better you really improved a lot congratulations.

Best regards dude. (y) :devilish::ROFLMAO:
  8. 4.00 star(s)

raider_manhc

this game has rly good renders, nice models and a very interesting story so far.. the fact that you have multiple paths to go makes the replayability good. the season 6 ended on a cliffhanger...cant wait for the next update..
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Arigon

This is an excellent AVN. The ladies are insanely beautiful. The MC is likable. The NTR is avoidable which is pretty key for me to enjoy. I don't mind being the bull, but refuse to play games where I am the Cuck.. This lets you avoid that.
    The build up for the love interests is great. Very enjoyable story. Definitely grabbed my interest and held it.
    Rework is underway so I think some things are not fully functional, but even with that, this is well worth supporting, and not just by playing on a pirate site.
    The incest is intensely appealing. The other LI are also highly appealing. The background story of the MC is intense.

I love the impregnation mechanic, and that you get to choose where you will finish for the most part. Impregnation is a definite kink I enjoy.

The MILFs are insanely attractive.

The only fetish that I would love to see added would be smoke play by the girls.
    There are some grammatical and spelling errors, but not so much that it detracts from the story.
    Definitely a good time!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

diablo989

Absolutely loved it. Top shelf material right here. The graphics, animations, storyline, plot development and the characters whew !!! Bang on mate. So many different paths and branchings literally had to make many saves to explore the game fully and the option to turn NTR off is spot on. Man i wish more devs would make games like this. Loved every second of playing it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Eunectes

I don't bother to write those short reviews for titles that deserve less than 5 stars - just lazy like that I guess. But here for this title it might be a hybrid thing. So far the story is well written, and most of the characters, instead of falling into one specific box, are actually quite complex and have very good backgrounds. Even the MC, the revelation (that can be aquired during the camping trip) concerning his past has quite a punch. After that nothing seems as it was like in the begining of the story and I must say it is a great manouver by the dev. Unfortunately, the down side is - the graphics of first chapters, and it it those graphics that made me hesitant to write a review for this title and give it a 5 star rating. BUT, like the dev informs the player after game launch, he is working on a revamp of the previous chapters, and a preview of the revamp (the last chapters of current build 0,6), are top shelf quality and if the final version will look anything like those chapters I'm willing to chance those stars.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

twiztid

I must say that I am really shocked at this story, the emotions that were put through. At first, I was really skeptical due to some of the quality of the renders. The more I read the storyline the further I was drawn in. The final conversation you have with the Mcs mother is really deep.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Gray21

Its pretty good, the character models and renders look great, the writing is ok, though the major conflict in the game really did not interest me, i was way more interested in the relationships between the MC and his family, thats when the writing really shines, and i wanted more of that.
    There are a lot of things happening and yet it felt to me that there were not enough things happening, especially when it comes to the lewd content within a single playthrough. I will probably play this game again when it is finished, or when the next update comes out.
    The presentation is great, and there are some animations, which are quite basic but are enhanced by the excellent camera animations.
    Its worth trying out.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

meola147

This is a impeccable game. Story legend, characters legend, animations and schenes legend. I fall in love my 2 sister. I hope be obliged to choose one sister. İncest patch is very good. I want new episodes. Im verry happy because ı play this game. Thank you developer! <3
  15. 5.00 star(s)

shivatrance

The story is very engaging, excellent original script. The models are very well done, and lewd scenes are very nice. Easy to see that this project will have multiple fun playthroughs. I am eager to see more coming from this developer and will be joining their Patreon shortly!
  16. 3.00 star(s)

marspig

Cons-
    The whole plot is ridiculous.
    I really don't understand why this author always likes to set MC as a tragic man.
    And MC has no personality at all. The whole story doesn't show what kind of person MC is. Some choices are equal to nothing...I can't see any of his advantages.
    "Run away from home to avoid incest." What kind of personality is this?
    So tell me, why do a bunch of women fall in love with him, including his sisters?

The plot is even more messy...
    MC's memory will change with the plot.
    Players will not know what Miru means to MC until halfway through the game.It can be said that she redeemed him.
    But before the players know these memories, the game already asks players to choose their attitude towards Miru?
    What the hell is this? When the players don't know their past experience at all, they can choose whether to abandon her or not?
    Later, her role was suddenly gone. I think it was probably because the character was too ugly, so she was gone. (That family story is just an excuse. Even if you choose her as true love, she will disappear.)
    And NTR only applies to Miru...This was a silly idea at the beginning, but it was obviously abandoned later.

The heroine changed in the middle of the game.Dana replaced Miru.Of course, she was obviously too hot.
    Although I like Dana so much and want to fuck her so much, I don't think I (MC) is worthy of her.

Leia also transformed halfway... a bunch of rich, super hot beauties just want MC.
    So what exactly is MC? It's just a little boy who is kept?
    Did you know? In many other erotic games, beauties are just playthings for MC, but in this game, I feel that MC is a plaything, created to be played by women.

Pros-
    Rendering, scenes, character expressions and actions...especially expressions and actions, which express emotions far more than other games, but I think these things are too wasteful to be used in this plot.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

test7777

Even though I didn't like some of the preview images on the title page, this game has been sitting on my watchlist for quite some time. Today, I decided to try it after reading some of the positive reviews and I am damn happy I did.

Alongside one of the best UIs out there (many devs could learn something from the gallery this game has), the render quality in the newest version is just insane and a huge jump in comparison to earlier versions. The characters are beautiful, the game has an interesting story and there is some depth to it. I don't remember another game that had me dislike a character at first and slowly change that opinion the way this game did.

While I did not see too many sex scenes on the path I played, I hope that we get to see a lot more content with Dana in the future and that the textbox gets smaller or its background becomes more see through.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

djtheprophet

What should I say......
    I had this game long time on my watch list, but I allways avoided it to download and play. Maybe because the first pics in the OP didn't hit my eye. But a few days ago, I decided to give the game a chance, and now, I regret that I didn't tried it earlier. This is one hell of a game. The characters, the story, the renders and and and ---> FUCKING AWESOME!!
    Especially the story how the MC and his sis (I fucking hate the older one, can't even remember her name) treated Katie in younger years.... cutting the bears head off, ruin her cuddle partner...it broke my heart. The game really gets under your skin (if you want to) and touches you!
    10/10 points for it -> one of the best VN's I've every played!! On my top ten list, actually #1!!!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

ShiShi!

The quality of these renders are out of this world!

As you play the game, you can see more and more how the devs have improved it. The difference is like night and day, and it was already pretty decent starting out, but man by 0.6 it was amazing! They all looked surrealistic, I thought I was watching a movie, if it wasn't just a single frame lol.

The story gets you hooked too, and the characters actually have depths and backstory. There is a variety for everyone here, really. My personal favorite is of course Dana. No character is 2 dimensional at all. Everyone has their woes and secrets that you get a kind of vibes from each character, really gets you in.

I'm glad it gives the option to turn off NTR otherwise my poor heart wouldn't be able to take it. And the fact that there is pregnancy involved that isn't just going to happen by the end of the game or in the ending is nuts! This is gonna be tough but I hope the devs pull through! Would love to see how the story and dynamics change because someone is pregnant during the plot.

Can't wait! This is officially my #1 most looking forward to game.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

slayer991

Review of 0.6

Most of these games don't have a good story to tell, stakes, or interesting characters. Not only does this game have all of those qualities, but the renders and animations are excellent. One unique thing about the game is the transitions...they're something I've never seen before and very cool.

The story starts out innocently enough then pulls you in and keeps you guessing as to WTF is going on. That's not a bad thing. You know a few things...but not enough to get the entire picture. Who do you trust? Who is behind the things happening to you and those close to you? It's a very interesting story and the stakes are very high.

The characters are all interesting as you start to get to know them, the background of your relationship with them, and where things are now.

I know the following is repetitive but I'm going to keep calling it out until devs start adding more variety. If I have a minor quibble with the game it's that most of the female characters suffer from BTS. Only Katie and Miru have average-sized breasts. I can overlook it in this game because it's such a great story with interesting characters.

The only thing that sucks about this game at it's present level is it stops before a key event...and now I want to know WTF happens!!! Damn you Oceanlab!

Graphics - 10/10
    Animations - 10/10
    Story - 10/10
    Characters - 10/10
    Fun - 10/10

Side note: I think Oceanlab should be writing a movie script...I'd go see this movie...an erotic thriller? Hell yes.