Where might I find old versions of DazStudio? (4.14/4.12/4.11/4.10/etc)

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Is there anywhere on f95zone that old builds of dazstudio installers are kept to be shared?

daz seems pretty aggressive about not letting it's users share copies of it's dazstudiopro installer files. You can easily grab yourself a standalone .exe of whatever the CURRENT daz studio is by just logging in and going here (then searching for daz studio):

Which lets you download the stand alone .exe installer for daz 4.15 right now.... which means in theory, people who were smart in prior years might have 4.14/4.13/4.12/4.11/4.10 etc. But when a user asks how to "downgrade" on the dazstudio forums they're told it's not possible. Other users will even say, oh well, I have the installer for that old version but I'm not allowed to share it. Clearly implying that the mods delete any such attempts. So uh, there isn't any repository of these past dazstudio builds here on f95zone is there? I tried searching for them but couldn't find them. So, I figured I'd just write and ask.

This isn't really useful at all, because this is just the currently available version of dazstudio. But who knows? I might as well get the ball rolling, trying to build some sort of library of past builds, by posting the current build. (Who knows, maybe in 2022 people will long for easy access to the 4.15 build?)

DAZStudio_4.15.0.2_Win64.exe

DAZStudio_4.15.0.2_Win32.exe

'

Someone answered my prayers. dropping their reply into the OP in case anyone else needs it:

Well let's see o/

Daz 4.12 (x64) :

Daz4.6(x64)+Goz for Daz4.6+MultiRes support :

Made a backup there 'cause I missed that version

Last edited:

zger

Sep 6, 2017
Its good idea. Daz updates sometimes breaks stuff for ppl. happened 3 times for me (last one was when they removed support for older nvidia cards). I would recommend always to make backup of your current stable version before updating.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Its good idea. Daz updates sometimes breaks stuff for ppl. happened 3 times for me (last one was when they removed support for older nvidia cards). I would recommend always to make backup of your current stable version before updating.
I could make a backup of my current version (the files as they are installed), which is 4.14, but, well, it'd probably be a lot simpler to just backup the old installation exe's (which is what I'm going to do going forward).

The files as they're installed might not always work super well I reckon, if say I moved to a new computer, but in theory the install exe would work as long as windows supported it? Plus for versions older than 4.14 I have nothing to backup (I stupidly overwrote 4.13/4.12 already in the past) :)

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
ZoneGFX has some of the old versions (eg. Daz 3, Daz 4.9, Daz 4.10, etc.) of Daz Studio. That's where I got my backup for Daz 4.10 version. The old versions are less resource-intensive than the latest 4.15 build. Also, old scripts stopped working with the new version.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
That not Daz doing it Nvidia makes Iray and routinely drops support for older cards on Iray and Driver support. Currently, there are Two Versions of Iray in Daz. The Legacy version for 10 series cards or older which is no longer updated by Nvidia and Iray RTX for all RTX cards which is updated regulerly also Daz does not seem to work well with mixing Non-RTX and RTX cards

Nvidia announced that all remaining Kepler desktop GPUs would transition to legacy support from September 2021 onwards and be supported for critical security updates through September 2024. This means all 600 Series and some 700 Series will lose support in september.

Last edited:
Reactions: zger and mickydoo

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Hmm, I did find a link to daz 4.10 but it was a dead link. zoneGFX is a pretty great site to have linked to me overall but I still haven't managed to find 4.10/4.11/4.12 any of which are the main ones I'm looking for (trying to get an old script/scene to load/work).

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
I have daz 4.10 and 4.12, and also 4.6 with the Multi-Resolution Morph Support (hd morphs support).

I don't know if it's ok to post these links, I love f95 too much, let me know if it's ok and I ll share the files from my one-drive.

The Multi-Resolution Morph Support means you can make those dhdm files, and more.

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
The only version left I care about at all is 4.10, I have a script that apparently broke in 4.11 that I'd like to give another crack someday. I wasn't expecting to get 4.6 that was a nice bonus, I'll have to learn what Multi-Resolution Morph Support does.

So if anyone has 4.10 please drop it here too then my set will be "complete" or well mostly complete :)

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Alright I don't know if it counts, but I found a Daz 4.11 public beta in my hard-drives (Daz Studio 4.11.0.231).

I never used 4.11, I went from 4.10 to 4.12, but I somehow kept a full beta set. (for mac too, I can upload if someone needs).

Daz 4.11 (x64) (beta):

I think I didn't use it because of the feedback that after a few renders, it would kick back to the cpu. With nvidia cards.
I never tested it really, but anyway, untill we get a real 4.11, here you go, for testing purposes and such.

ymdougoud

Jul 19, 2021
je viens d'installer ubuntu sur mon ancienne machine plantée par win7 et pour garder les données - et j'ai fait tourner DAZ version 64 aussi bien la V32 sauf que la 4.15 est trop gourmande et buggée -elle plante des grosses animations , je cherche donc la 4.12 pour avant hier !!- sauf qu'avec mega.nz sous liinux , ca peut pas marcher - autre chose le dossier document contenant les dazeries peu etre deplacé sans probleme vers un autre disque -ce qui elimine des plantages ... il me reste a chercher ailleurs !

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
je viens d'installer ubuntu sur mon ancienne machine plantée par win7 et pour garder les données - et j'ai fait tourner DAZ version 64 aussi bien la V32 sauf que la 4.15 est trop gourmande et buggée -elle plante des grosses animations , je cherche donc la 4.12 pour avant hier !!- sauf qu'avec mega.nz sous liinux , ca peut pas marcher - autre chose le dossier document contenant les dazeries peu etre deplacé sans probleme vers un autre disque -ce qui elimine des plantages ... il me reste a chercher ailleurs !
Si t'as un endroit pour stocker dis-moi. Mais honnêtement Iray & Ubuntu... :censored:. Fais-toi une partoche win10 vite fait gros.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Did Daz 4.12 ever exist for OSX/MacOS? If so, access to a zip/rar/dmg would be fab :)
(Mac Os)

Took me time to find it on some vietnamese site, and I'm not even sure this is good as I got no Mac.
I have no tools to know is file safe from malware, or is even password protected. Download at your own risk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madmanator99

gerl

Oct 2, 2019
Est-ce que quelqu'un aurait conservé la version 4.15.0.2 "Build" ? Avoir les versions Pro et Build permet de lancer deux Daz en même temps. La dernière version 4.15.0.3 plante trop..

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
If you mean the 4.15.0.2 public build (not beta build), I'm uploading it right now to my one-drive, because it looks like the links in the first post are dead.

Just check here a little later and you will find it in the Daz 4.15 folder (my internet is not super fast).

Daz 4.15 (x64):

Edit:

Ok it should be up now.

Last edited:

gerl

Oct 2, 2019
Thank you for the public build upload, but sorry, yes, I'm seeking the 4.15.0.2 beta build.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote