Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Where the Heart is - Cheat, game enhancement Mod + music [S1Beta] [KoGa3]

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
I updated the info on the OP. The music Mod variant is abandoned, my Cheat Mod variant with the (not updated so far) integrated WT from LaikDink too. I maybe try to make a Cheat only version which should be then compatible to an updated WT Mod from LaikDink also. I'll check that as soon as possible, hopefully later today.
I see, so I guess that means starting a new game then.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I see, so I guess that means starting a new game then.
Depends. I only did a quick check, but quite some of my old saves worked. But it seems the ones where the Mod music was playing while saving are tricky. Well, there is also still the games feature "Start any episode" so you don't have to start a new game.

muscon3

Nov 3, 2018
View attachment 1525318

This Mod adds an optional status screen and some cheating options to this game.
I also integrated the built in walkthrough of the game (only for Episodes 1-18)
+ added the new walkthrough from LaikDink (all episodes)

==========================================================
Oct. 1, 2022:
New game version EP23 is out. As announced it has now music/audio at it's own.
I therefore abandon the Mod variant with music (makes no sense anymore).

I'm still not sure if I continue the cheat Mod variant. If I do then probably without
integrating the WT from LaikDink anymore. I would try to make my Mod compatible
with it so you can install both. We will see.
==========================================================

Updated: 2022-05-16
Game/Creator: Where the Heart is / CheekyGimp ( )
Modder: KoGa3 ( )
Mod Versions: EP22d_WT (only WT/cheating) / EP22d_AudioWT (WT/cheating and music)
Game Version: Ep 22
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Info:
I removed the outdated Mod download links so far
update please

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Depends. I only did a quick check, but quite some of my old saves worked. But it seems the ones where the Mod music was playing while saving are tricky. Well, there is also still the games feature "Start any episode" so you don't have to start a new game.
Oh good, I don't use your music mod, or rather I never listen to any game music.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Info: I made the Cheat Mod variant at least compatible to the new game release. Also still included is the option to activate the "hidden" original WT for EP1-EP18 from the developers.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Any possibility for you to add a gallery since the devs removed the in-game one (probably because they added it in ep18 then never updated it with new episodes)?

Reactions: The_Horny_Latino

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Any possibility for you to add a gallery since the devs removed the in-game one (probably because they added it in ep18 then never updated it with new episodes)?
Unfortunately not possible for me. Only thing I can do is to bring back the original one for EP1-18

Last edited:

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
when installing the mods for this game from the first page, the game breaks completely. I tried both versions of the mods, all break it. oh well.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
when installing the mods for this game from the first page, the game breaks completely. I tried both versions of the mods, all break it. oh well.
Hi. With break you mean the game did not even start? Can you then maybe post the file "traceback.txt"? It's in the same folder as you start the game.

Reactions: zeldagamernl

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Hi. With break you mean the game did not even start? Can you then maybe post the file "traceback.txt"? It's in the same folder as you start the game.
The break was with the patch, not this mod. sorry about that.

But this mod doesnt allow me to make selections i believe. When clicking "Stat New Game" it instantly errors with below traceback errors. I tried both versions with sound and without. i think its the patch that does it. all the selection options are broken when I install ONLY this cheat/WT mod for ep23 without any music. The traceback doesnt give me the full list. I have to click "Ignore" 26 times then I get the game saying "thanks for your selections".

This is the last of the errors, the only one that shows up in the traceback log.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1494, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 23: #GIMP Need to check these before release
File "game/script.rpy", line 1494, in <module>
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'int'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "V:\AVN Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "V:\AVN Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "V:\AVN Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

they are all this except lower "Line" numbers in the script, since it counts up when you click ignore. for instance the first one is this:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in script
if persistent.ph_advstart_ep >= 2:
File "game/script.rpy", line 520, in <module>

Full traceback:
File "V:\AVN Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
File "V:\AVN Games\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep23-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode

then do this 25 more times with the same error in different lines.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
The break was with the patch, not this mod. sorry about that.

But this mod doesnt allow me to make selections i believe. When clicking "Stat New Game" it instantly errors with below traceback errors. I tried both versions with sound and without. i think its the patch that does it. all the selection options are broken when I install ONLY this cheat/WT mod for ep23 without any music. The traceback doesnt give me the full list. I have to click "Ignore" 26 times then I get the game saying "thanks for your selections".

This is the last of the errors, the only one that shows up in the traceback log.

While running game code:

Full traceback:

they are all this except lower "Line" numbers in the script, since it counts up when you click ignore. for instance the first one is this:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

then do this 25 more times with the same error in different lines.
The mentioned error above is most likely an issue in the main game, I've read that in the game thread here on F95 a lot. And I think a solution is to once do the "Start Any Episode". After that for most this issue is gone, then you can start a new game also.

Reactions: zeldagamernl

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
The mentioned error above is most likely an issue in the main game, I've read that in the game thread here on F95 a lot. And I think a solution is to once do the "Start Any Episode". After that for most this issue is gone, then you can start a new game also.
thanks bro. I will give that a try also. thanks for the quick response also. much appreciated.

PS your mods are awesome, I have a ton of these games and your mods always are awesome. keep it up.

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
Is it normal that i have to restart the built in walkthrough every time i launch the game? Even when its ON in options, it doesn't work when i launch the game. I have to turn it OFF and then turn it ON to work every time.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Is it normal that i have to restart the built in walkthrough every time i launch the game? Even when its ON in options, it doesn't work when i launch the game. I have to turn it OFF and then turn it ON to work every time.
Hi. Unfortunately that's a little bug with the original gallery I've re-added. There the walkthrough is always deactivated with every game start. I've tried to do a quick patch for that: MediaFire (edit: old link removed). Extract and replace the files in the .../game folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kilmoulis

stenctrum

May 16, 2020
Hi. Unfortunately that's a little bug with the original gallery I've re-added. There the walkthrough is always deactivated with every game start. I've tried to do a quick patch for that: . Extract and replace the files in the .../game folder.
Hi. Well, after applying your fix walkthrough seems to work fine but now i can't access mod menu anymore. It gives me this: WhereTheHeartIs_2022_12_24_22_19_10_706.jpg

edit: I put back old Z_KoGa3Cheat.rpy file and it works fine now. WT always works and mod menu is not broken.

Last edited:

Rathul

Mar 28, 2020
Info: I made a test version 1.1 with the function "QuickMusic". With that you can play some music tracks "manually" in the game. But I'm not sure yet whether I will continue to use it for this Mod in the future. Maybe I'll do a poll, or I'll see from the download counts if something like this is desired - or not.

Oops, there is a bug in v1.1... now uploading a fixed version 1.1a. Sorry!
When is the next update bro

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
When is the next update bro
I'm a bit unsure what you mean? That's a quite old post from me you quoted, in the meantime the Mod got several updates and with Mod version EP23 it's for the latest available game version so far.

If you mean the next game release I actually have no info about that. I only know that one of the (three?) developers had to leave the team because of real life issues/not having much time anymore. That will probably have an impact for the game oc.

Reactions: bony dongtana