Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Where The Heart Is - Incest + Walkthrough + Gallery All-in-One Mod [Ep 18]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Mar 3, 2018
Just a suggestion why not work together with DrAddy he is doing the
Where the Heart Is - Incest/Walkthrough Mod
Just taking a guess, since this mod has issues with game files altering, I'm guessing fundamentally this relies on altering game files significantly and not just making sure the mod is referencing the right files. DrAddy's mod is, from what I can tell, less intrusive.
I think Borderline a comma covered the answer pretty well here. Thanks for that. :)

Technical stuff coming up :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: rafaelo4
Mar 3, 2018
Waiting for your mod, it is a lifesaver ;)
No worries. Your Mods are worth waiting for. I have already waited months for a game update, so a little longer for a Mod update is no big deal.
Thnx man keep up the good work, take your time, i prefer a working mod over a haste mod with game breaking bugs.
We will wait for as long as it takes, this mod is a given :)
Thank you all for waiting. I've updated the OP with the newer version of the mod. :)

Mar 3, 2018
personally i haven't played since v11 so I don't see why we cant use the mod up to v16 content then replace files again and continue to v17..
guess have to wait before I catch up...
You should be able to use the mod now with the v17 of the game - the issue was because of the fact that a new character definition was introduced in an older file, which the mod was replacing. Hence the game would crash when it wasn't able to identify the newer character. That's all fixed now.

headhunter32

May 15, 2018
Juts curious, are u using your own walktrough or the the 1 from Een Vieze Vent because on his version and also the other version when u start a new game u kiss your mother / u know what.
but in your u dont kiss, so i am a bit confused.

never mind, i was dumm. its in red.

CloudZen0

Aug 26, 2017
Thank you for the fantastic mod.

There is a bug in the mod. Episode 17, line 4937 of the rpy, you have a closing tag for a color but no opening tag. The line currently as written reads (including whitespace):
Code:
        "̥I own it.{/color}":
I believe the fix for this should read (including whitespace):
Code:
        "{color=#00FF00}I own it.{/color}":

Mar 3, 2018
Can you change the MC 's when in Gallery mode?
I have been looking at getting this feature in as well. Hopefully, by next release this should be done - no promises though :p.

As of now, unfortunately, the answer is no - the gallery just uses the prefixed name. That being said, you can modify the name to your choice by editing the Gallery.rpy file in an text editor (I use Notepad++/VSCode) and update the player_name variable to a name of your choice.

Mar 3, 2018
Thank you for the fantastic mod.

There is a bug in the mod. Episode 17, line 4937 of the rpy, you have a closing tag for a color but no opening tag. The line currently as written reads (including whitespace):
Code:
        "̥I own it.{/color}":
I believe the fix for this should read (including whitespace):
Code:
        "{color=#00FF00}I own it.{/color}":
Thank you so much CloudZen0 for catching the issue. I didn't even realize that this slipped through. :FacePalm:. I've addressed the issue and re-released the fixed mod.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

StarCreator

Oct 2, 2017
CrackBackManiac You may want to update the date in the OP and put "Episode 17" in the title for this thread too. Just a thought so more people might see this.
Thanks so much for this - I can actually enjoy the game now haha.

Reactions: CrackBackManiac

kris 25

Feb 17, 2019
I have been looking at getting this feature in as well. Hopefully, by next release this should be done - no promises though :p.

As of now, unfortunately, the answer is no - the gallery just uses the prefixed name. That being said, you can modify the name to your choice by editing the Gallery.rpy file in an text editor (I use Notepad++/VSCode) and update the player_name variable to a name of your choice.

That's ok,i'll wait for the feature :cool: I started a new game to check out your Mod and it's great,one of the best i have seen Thanks a lot ;)

Mar 3, 2018
CrackBackManiac You may want to update the date in the OP and put "Episode 17" in the title for this thread too. Just a thought so more people might see this.
Thanks so much for this - I can actually enjoy the game now haha.
Thanks for pointing that out - I kinda forgot updating those details. Updated the OP now. And I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the game. :)

Reactions: StarCreator

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
CrackBackManiac

Please see the attached exception report; not sure if this was caused by the base game or your mod:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {/color} in u'\u0325I own it.{/color}'.:
  File "game/Episode17.rpy", line 4933, in script
    menu:
Exception: u'/color' closes a text tag that isn't open.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Episode17.rpy", line 4933, in script
    menu:
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1564, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 917, in menu
    rv = renpy.store.menu(items)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1110, in display_menu
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='menu', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2672, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3158, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2075, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 727, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1124, in render
    st, at)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1899, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 558, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "D:\WhereTheHeartIs-Ep17-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 907, in segment
    raise Exception("%r closes a text tag that isn't open." % text)
Exception: u'/color' closes a text tag that isn't open.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
Where The Heart Is Ep17
Tue Jun 09 13:04:57 2020
Edit: I can "Ignore" past this error.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote