Where to make an advertisement?

PurpleShroomDev

Jul 15, 2023
I just started my dev carriere and love programming and designing my game.
Since it could be a good income I would like to ask where others advertise their games?

I stumbled upon this site a while ago and use it as only source for smut...
Other creators use itch.io or own websites but where do I really get an audience?
At the moment my plan ist to finish a tutorial with a few scenes and release the version here + setting up patreon. Is that enough?

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Sites like Patreon, Subscribestar, ItchIO etc. are good, to get the support you want/need, but how likely is it, to get found on this sites through the search algorithm?!
On the other hand, there are sites like F95zone where your content gets leaked for free, but you'll get visibility and if your created content is above average you'll have at least a good chance to "lure" some/many people from F95 to support you through said sites.

From experience on this very site i can tell you, that being open and communicative with your crowd is key (here on F95 and on your Payment Processor sites).
For you there is the question you should ask yourself if you can handle all this stuff, the Pirates, the critizism (justified/non-justified), the entitlement from users who give a damn shit (rudeness) and of course the Project itself.
It will be very time demanding and you'll pay a huge toll on your work-life-balance.

But like i mentioned earlier. Communication is the key point here.
Many failed Projects come from radio silence and submerging of devs, who can't handle status updates (weekly/bi-weekly/monthly) properly.
This leads to loss of support and bad PR. You don't need to tell your supporters about your privat life (issues), but being honest about your work schedule will be understood well by most people.

Good luck with your new carreer and godspeed! (y)

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
Just a couple of suggestions, keep the news on Patreon public, some devs keep the news about the development behind a paywall and it's absurd... join other games discord and show there your art, a lot of developers keep a art channel open, some even a promotion channel.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

LS47

Oct 5, 2021
Reddit and Twitter are popular choices to promote your game for free.
But realistically, the best place to promote your game is here, on F95zone. It was specifically made to share adult games, and it has an automatic promotion system when you upload an update. Just make a dev thread to help your fanbase keep up with the development of your game and you're good to go. Itch is great to publish your game, but it wasn't made to establish a community like F95 or even Reddit.

PurpleShroomDev

Jul 15, 2023
Sites like Patreon, Subscribestar, ItchIO etc. are good, to get the support you want/need, but how likely is it, to get found on this sites through the search algorithm?!
On the other hand, there are sites like F95zone where your content gets leaked for free, but you'll get visibility and if your...
Thank you very much. That in detail answer is a good step for creating new thought processes!
I will get along with haters. After all I make the game for teaching my self various skills. If money drops off even better.

Just a couple of suggestions, keep the news on Patreon public, some devs keep the news about the development behind a paywall and it's absurd... join other games discord and show there your art, a lot of developers keep a art channel open, some even a promotion channel.
Yeah same! I dont understand that behaviour as well!