Seeking Where to start Taimanin Asagi?

Somerandomhentai

Mar 21, 2020
I first saw Taimanin Asagi a week or so ago on Steam. I got and thought it was just another gacha game. I was looking around today and found out it was a whole series, and a hentai one at that. There is so much of it I don't even know where to start with it. Is Action Taimanin the only non-hentai Taimanin Asagi game?

LeoShowers

May 13, 2017
"Is Action Taimanin the only non-hentai Taimanin Asagi game?"

Yes, to my knowledge.

My recommended order for playing the Taimanin Asagi games are (all of these can be found on this site).

A) The complete boxset (contains TA 1 and 2, Taimanin Murasaki and some side stories).

B) Taimanin Asagi 3.

C) Taimanin Asagi: Zero

I'd also highly recommend Taimanin Yukikaze (same universe and mostly the same 'plot' as the average TA game), and Diviner Knight Towako (different universe, but very similar).

Somerandomhentai

Mar 21, 2020
"Is Action Taimanin the only non-hentai Taimanin Asagi game?"

Yes, to my knowledge.

My recommended order for playing the Taimanin Asagi games are (all of these can be found on this site).

A) The complete boxset (contains TA 1 and 2, Taimanin Murasaki and some side stories).

B) Taimanin Asagi 3.

C) Taimanin Asagi: Zero

I'd also highly recommend Taimanin Yukikaze (same universe and mostly the same 'plot' as the average TA game), and Diviner Knight Towako (different universe, but very similar).
Thanks. I'll check it out when I get the time.

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
Bit late, but if someone comes by with the same question, best to play following the original japanese release order.
The Taimanin serie has several parallels stories with overlapping characters (mainly Asagi).

Here's the playing order attached bellow (all games can be found here on f95) View attachment 1277754
is that the correct order? Ive been looking and in a reddit post someone said that both yukikaze go before taimanin asagi 3

Reactions: jrwp

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
is that the correct order? Ive been looking and in a reddit post someone said that both yukikaze go before taimanin asagi 3
Not sure about the storyline part but from the release date then Yukikaze 2 comes after Asagi 3

LeoShowers

May 13, 2017
It
It's largely inconsequential since Yukikaze and Rinko do not show up in any other games but their 'own'. I would recommend both of the Yukikaze games on their own merits but to get the full 'plot' experience of Asagi you only need to play:

Taimanin Asagi 1
Taimanin Asagi 2
Taimanin Murasaki
Taimanin Asagi 3
Taimanin Asagi: Zero

With this you're basically caught up with/completed the major plot relating to Asagi. In truth however, you don't really need to have played any of the previous games to know/understand the backstory of any of the other. You could, for example, skip Murasaki or TA and still know 90% of what is going on in TA 3. Zero likewise is a 'soft reboot' of the series and thus doesn't really need an understanding of the previous games.

It's worth mentioning also that the 'Prison Battleship' series is by the same company and artist and highly similar to TA (e.g. nukage centering around the debasement of strong heroines).