Where to start?

Silver Hare Studios

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd seek some advice on a new game I'm creating! It's a 2D CG, Visual Novel, based on the Harry Potter universe and follows the story of Hermione (and quite a few other characters) through the year.

Where does someone start with publishing a game? Do you just post on the F95 forums? And are you guys aware of anywhere else I should be posting (e.g. Reddit)?

Thanks!

Soniram

Creating EC:A
Game Developer
Apr 16, 2021
Besides F95, some other places you can post it for free:

itch.io
LewdPixels.com
SpicyGaming.net
Fap-Nation.com
reddit

Silver Hare Studios

Game Developer
Aug 23, 2022
Ah amazing! Thanks both for your suggestions. Also is there any particular content I should avoid? I see NTR content getting a lot of dislike on here for instance.
Thanks!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Ah amazing! Thanks both for your suggestions. Also is there any particular content I should avoid? I see NTR content getting a lot of dislike on here for instance.
Thanks!
Make the game you want to make with whatever content makes you happy. There are fans of every genre listed on this site. You can't please everyone. Hell, you can't please a majority. Just stick to making something you would enjoy playing.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks!
If you make it, they will cum. So long as you do your best to make a good game you'll have an audience. Don't worry about popularity or wide appeal, just do what you want and try to learn from genuine criticism.

Reactions: JoGio

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I see NTR content getting a lot of dislike on here for instance.
I guess two tips here;
1. Make the content that you want. If you find NTR sexy and fun, there's definitely an audience here that agree with you.
2. Don't make content you don't like, or don't understand. Be that futa, BDSM, NTR, etc... if you don't want to do it, trying to shoehorn it into your game will make it worse (and to add insult to injury, because you don't get why people are into it, you'll likely do it wrong).

Apart from that, release *to your close fans* early, and listen to feedback. And DO NOT release to a wider audience (F95, Itch.io) until it's ready to properly play. More devs shoot themselves in the leg with 0.0.001alpha versions that last for 30 seconds, and don't satisfy anyone. Be like Fallout, be at least a 60 minute man.