Where would one get a standalone flash player

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
Flash is deprecated and unsupported, despite that there are still a number of games I enjoy using it.
I do not know where to get a flash player thats not reliant on a browser and not a video player. Not all features are working right when using videoplayers.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Google will be your best bet there.

Not saying that with any snark but it took me a while to get one that was worth using and that's no longer available. Since buying a new PC I haven't found one that works as intended and run all my .SWF files through my web browser.

Games like CoC, TiTS and Lilith's Throne I have to use .exe versions of.

There are those, hopefully they will work for you. They seem hit and miss for me. Some files run some don't which is why I run them through Chrome.

Reactions: k8ponny

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
The formal name for it is the "Flash Player Projector" and the official downloads from Adobe are here:

Here's the one for Windows:

Dunno why they'd name it so confusingly, but at the end of each OS's filename it still says "sa" for "stand-alone".

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
On Linux at least, I found myself using Lutris with the web runner to play flash games. I kept running into issues with the projector from Adobe, as something changed in the past year or two that broke rendering with hardware acceleration enabled for the Linux version. Chances are this isn't particularly useful for the OP, but in case any fellow Linux folks stumbled upon this thread, I figured it was worth letting them know about this option. The only necessary step to get this working is to check the box for "Enable Adobe Flash Player" on the Runner options tab in a game's configuration window.

W65

May 31, 2018
Irfanview can display flash, but it doesn't do a very good job of it.

Still, it's another option.

regicide123

May 3, 2019
Sorry to be necroing this thread but I found this thread by searching for this problem so thought I should share my solution for anyone else who comes looking.

Maxthon 5 browser (as of June 2020) supports Flash and I do not believe it will be phasing flash out anytime soon, unlike most other browsers. You can run a flash game by opening its .swf with MX5 or (for old and dead webhosted games) by running it on whatever abandoned website still hosts. It tends to run smoother than most dedicated Flash player programs but it is less secure than a dedicated Flash player since it is connected to the internet.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Playing Flash games in Adobe Flash gives you access to more options, than if you play them in a flash player, flash plugin or projector.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
the adobe flash player plugin has been officialy been discontinued and adobe is asking users to uninstall it.

drantelope

Sep 18, 2021
The formal name for it is the "Flash Player Projector" and the official downloads from Adobe are here:

Here's the one for Windows:

Dunno why they'd name it so confusingly, but at the end of each OS's filename it still says "sa" for "stand-alone".
do u still have the flashplayer file? the link doesnt work anymore

Karl the Sergal

Donor
Nov 20, 2017
I backed up version 32 if that's useful to you ->
It's what we suggest for all flash stuff.

Looks like archive.org has it here also ( )
I know its an old post, but you're a hero!

Reactions: RPDL