Which fantasy is more popular?

Which Fantasy do you prefer, dear friend?

• Total voters

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
Hello. Last year I posted a poll for which program/game is better to use, either Honey Select 1 or Honey Select 2.

Majority was for Honey Select 2, so I waited for some time for mods to do their wonders and make some content for the game. Hopefully a lot has been added in contents regarding maps, clothes, accessories, etc.

If you have recommendations for nice clothing (actual clothes that cover the body) and maps, I would be really grateful :3 <3

Now I was wondering, which fantasy is more popular/appealing to today's populace?

Whether it is Sci-Fi(Futuristic, Space, Robots, Guns, Even Bigger Guns, Cars, Skin tight clothing, etc.) or our good ol' Dungeons and Dragons type of fantasy(Magic, Wizards, Witches, Knights, Kings/Queens, Monsters, Dragons, etc.)

What I'm planning to make is a story.
A nice story. A safe for work story(I know, so sadge) . A legit story.
A story that will make you FEEL things. To cry, to laugh, to cringe, to despair, to feel delightful, to make you think.

Basically I want to make a comic and I'm too lazy to learn Blender, Daz3D or how to draw. So, yeah. I'll make the picture pretty with Photoshop, but that's all I'm capable of. (I mean, I'm only capable of using Photoshop)
Maybe my friend who is an ACTUAL ARTIST will jump on board to assist with the comic to make it feel more original. But all in due time.

Please assist this failure of a wannabe comic creator. :HideThePain:

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Whether it is Sci-Fi(Futuristic, Space, Robots, Guns, Even Bigger Guns, Cars, Skin tight clothing, etc.) or our good ol' Dungeons and Dragons type of fantasy(Magic, Wizards, Witches, Knights, Kings/Queens, Monsters, Dragons, etc.)
Why not combine fantasy and sci-fi?
Wizards in space, Robot-Knights and Queens with guns... wait... that's Star Wars... :KEK:

A story that will make you FEEL things. To cry, to laugh, to cringe, to despair, to feel delightful, to make you think.
Many games here already make me feel this things.
I cringe when I think too deeply about them, I laugh because of some game's despair and I don't have one for the last two. :HideThePain:

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I feel like fantasy these days is nearly all the same, stuck in a Tolkien quagmire. Green brutish orcs, slender elves, dwarves, dragons, medieval-ish technology, etc., etc. Might not have all of these in the same setting, but if you hear "fantasy", you know roughly what to expect, except for cases where they went out of their way to avoid Tolkien and draw inspiration from elsewhere like Slavic mythology. Fantasy got real old for me years ago, and sci-fi is more varied.

Reactions: .Nemo.

.Nemo.

May 19, 2017
I feel like fantasy these days is nearly all the same, stuck in a Tolkien quagmire. Green brutish orcs, slender elves, dwarves, dragons, medieval-ish technology, etc., etc. Might not have all of these in the same setting, but if you hear "fantasy", you know roughly what to expect, except for cases where they went out of their way to avoid Tolkien and draw inspiration from elsewhere like Slavic mythology. Fantasy got real old for me years ago, and sci-fi is more varied.
What if.. hear me out ..Slender Orcs, brutish elves, tall dwarves, lizards, sticks and stones... Eh? Eh?

Jokes jokes. A lot of inspiration for the D&D fantasy, is not D&D :KEK:
The story is going to be heavy and grimdark, like Warhammer 40k. Wars, death, blood, lots of blood.
I love the age of King Arthur, you know, the Knights, Chivalry and all that shiz (let's not forget the crazy Church and Heresy).
Also why not throw in some Egyptian mythology, who doesn't like a woman as hot as Cleopatra?
I mean look at that... NOSE
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

All the jokes aside, I am not trying to create something that will not stand out. I will try my best to create something unique, although the genre is overused already. :HideThePain:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
That female warrior, god dayum. :oops:
And this game been released waaay back in 2007.
Despite this, the armors STILL look better than most garbage you can find even in 2022.
Flagship sure had some insane talent back then. :whistle::coffee:
Furries fall under fantasy right? XD
Science Fiction and Fantasy both, it seems. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: .Nemo.