Unity Which hair looks good for my MC POLL

Which hair is the best

• Total voters
Aug 6, 2016
I am in the process of making a unity game and am wondering which hair looks good on the MC. The poll option coincide with the image file names. If you have other hair assets in mind that might be suitable for my character, please feel free to leave your suggestions.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
one thing to keep in mind, if you are going to be doing a lot of renders with a character, especially if they are in various positions beyond just standing around, it the difficulty in posing long hair to make it look good and realistic and avoid clipping.

Reactions: Deleted member 487

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I am in the process of making a unity game and am wondering which hair looks good on the MC.
It's not just a question of look, the hair should also match the character's personality. And since it's a girl, also match her mood. The examples you gave mostly fit the second part, all being mostly different way to style the same haircut.

Of course, it need to not look bad (yet, bad looking hair can sometimes be a legit option), but just them looking good is missing so much ; there's so much information that can be carried by the hair you'll use, that the choice should never be limited to "good looking".
Imagine you've a date with a girl, and she come with a strict hair style. The message she send you by just doing that will be totally different than the one she would have sent is she had chose a sexy hair style. In the first case she don't really want a relation with you, while in the second the door to a closer relation is opened. She could also have come with a classy hair style, then telling you that you're out of her league.

It's a fiction, you have all liberty to assume that she'll pass one hour each morning to choose a hair style that can go with her haircut ; you can even make her choose one that don't exactly match her haircut (a little smaller or longer hair by example) without it being really weird. Profit from this liberty to change the style when it's needed.
She can start the day with Charlene hair style, because of its "professional look", then once out of works switch to Paloma that is a more free style ; there's many women with long hair that do this every day. Or she can pass few minutes in the bathroom at work, to switch to something more sexy, because now it's time to be with her lover.
As long as the change isn't too radical, and the style don't look too time consuming, it will be good. Players who'll notice it will be pleased, and the others, well, they'll not notice it so...