Which overused assets make you point at the screen like Rick Dalton?

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
Barely morphed Victoria and Leony characters are so common I just pretend it's the same actor, but it's that Linda ponytail that really does it for me.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Most models from daz screenshots.
Most male models from Illusion screenshots.

Dev's that don't care to spend a few extra days making their characters look unique before starting to generate months/years of renders using that same model are a mystery to me.

I get that low effort usually wins, but if they were going for this level of lazyness they could just hide every character face behind a mask or just not show their faces at all...

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
Ouuu ... you asking veeeeeEErry uncomfortable question there buddy. Very very uncomfortable one. You have to be very careful here. :)

You have to look at the big picture here. Daz studio and it's assets is one of those products that you can start easy with but that opens the doors for reality distortion. Just look around here and out there in the numerous websites that are absolutely bursting with the same renders with the same assets and being signed by people as the "ARTIST" of those renders. See where I'm going with this? :) Be very careful!
Just look at the current art forum and how 99.99% of it is full of "artist" that are literally copy/pasting the same copy/pasted characters and than blow each others cocks praising themselves.
Look at the numerous "artists" making renders of ripout mainstream game assets and sign that as art ... look at the simps praising them.

Your little question on the surface is even funny but it touches on one enormous problem. Be very careful :)

• Angry
Reactions: ManifestDream

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Ouuu ... you asking veeeeeEErry uncomfortable question there buddy. Very very uncomfortable one. You have to be very careful here.
Leaving your comfort zone usually means you are moving into uncharted territory, it's a good thing.

And by the looks of your statement and how afraid you seem to be of it you should be doing more of that.

• Haha
Reactions: ManifestDream

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
Leaving your comfort zone usually means you are moving into uncharted territory, it's a good thing.

And by the looks of your statement and how afraid you seem to be of it you should be doing more of that.
a lack of though process made you confused huh ?
read again!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Ashley clothes shop, they seem to have a shop in any town of any alternate universe.

Oh, and Sakura based models, especially when everything else try to look realistic. You've normal humans, and suddenly a wild living manga girl that probably come from Alpha Centauri, pop out of nowhere. The girls by themselves don't necessarily looks bad, but they really not mix well with more humans looking characters.

Reactions: Jaike and Carrera
Nov 27, 2018
The old repertoire from Incompetech's Royalty-Free Music. A lot of it is distinctive enough to remember and recognize, and it's already been used in every flash game in existence.

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
Don't forget George that fat ass is used everywhere but usually only in female protagonist games and many don't even bother to rename them.

Reactions: Doorknob22

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
1. George 8. How fucking lazy can you get to use this model without any modification? At least morph another dude's head in. It doesn't help that the model ugly as F.

1654291754825.png

1.1 Floyd 8. Same as above. If you morph him even a bit it might not resemble 200 other old white dudes in other games and we can't have that, can we?

1654292300792.png

2. A black girl with a dark Tempest hair? Now that's original. As original as the 3000+ other "black girls with Tempest hair", that is.

1654291890503.png

3. Haven park. How can anyone shoot a scene when 90% of the MCs in the world are running through their scenes at the exact same place and time?

1654292021577.png

4. Wow, she must be some kind of a rebel because she wears her hair MRL Gem style! And she dyes it too!

1654292147924.png

Diagnosed

Game Developer
May 12, 2022
Ouuu ... you asking veeeeeEErry uncomfortable question there buddy. Very very uncomfortable one. You have to be very careful here. :)

You have to look at the big picture here. Daz studio and it's assets is one of those products that you can start easy with but that opens the doors for reality distortion. Just look around here and out there in the numerous websites that are absolutely bursting with the same renders with the same assets and being signed by people as the "ARTIST" of those renders. See where I'm going with this? :) Be very careful!
Just look at the current art forum and how 99.99% of it is full of "artist" that are literally copy/pasting the same copy/pasted characters and than blow each others cocks praising themselves.
Look at the numerous "artists" making renders of ripout mainstream game assets and sign that as art ... look at the simps praising them.

Your little question on the surface is even funny but it touches on one enormous problem. Be very careful :)
Thats true and everything but we wouldn't have any games without resuing shit. Only very tiny percentage of people in the world are capable of being a competent 3d artist, programmer, writer, director, etc. And to do so to create a product that they probably cant even really sell, they can only hope for donations... man its a surprise there are as many good games as there are in the first place.