Which software is used in these 3d LN

narukamiYuu

Dec 22, 2019
I know that daz is used to make the characters in majority, but what about the environment, the rooms, the chairs,pens,books,everything else? Are they done on blender on daz is enough on its own?
This is a question i had from a long ago, I even start learning blender before daz to create the landscape first.
Also, is it worth to buy or download these elements from the internet, or itsbetter to draw everything from scratch.

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I create all the environments, furniture, rooms, forests, rivers, and other background items in Blender. I then render in blender, and use the images as backgrounds. But you can also import from blender to Daz.

You won't often find items that match the style (Polygon count, texture style, angles, etc.) you are going for from the internet and I've found it's usually quicker to create something from the ground up than trying to modify an existing item into your style.

But I will use free textures from the internet. Although sometimes I'll create my own shaders in blender to make sure things like wax candles react realistically with light. This speeds things up greatly, because hand painting everything could take forever.

Another option is to take a survey of all of the assets and free or low cost things out there, and then build your story around that. Anything you can open in blender, you can also import to Daz.

Reactions: narukamiYuu

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
I use Daz3d for everything, including rooms and backgrounds. Check my game out to see if you like the results.

narukamiYuu

Dec 22, 2019
I create all the environments, furniture, rooms, forests, rivers, and other background items in Blender. I then render in blender, and use the images as backgrounds. But you can also import from blender to Daz.

You won't often find items that match the style (Polygon count, texture style, angles, etc.) you are going for from the internet and I've found it's usually quicker to create something from the ground up than trying to modify an existing item into your style.

But I will use free textures from the internet. Although sometimes I'll create my own shaders in blender to make sure things like wax candles react realistically with light. This speeds things up greatly, because hand painting everything could take forever.

Another option is to take a survey of all of the assets and free or low cost things out there, and then build your story around that. Anything you can open in blender, you can also import to Daz.
Nice, i started doing the course of blender environments on udemy do you recommend any other for learning purposes?

narukamiYuu

Dec 22, 2019
I use Daz3d for everything, including rooms and backgrounds. Check my game out to see if you like the results.
Wow thats great, do you make eveythimg from scratch or you modify other models . Btw nice work on that thermal spring water, looking smooth

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Nice, i started doing the course of blender environments on unity,do you recommend any other for learning purposes?
My philosophy on learning is that you could spend forever learning just about anything, and that it would be a waste of time.

It's best, and most efficient to only learn what you need, as you need it. This applies to language learning, art, blender, and just about everything.

So for blender I use you tube nearly exclusively. Need to make a couch for your game, search "How to make a couch blender". The best tutorials will come up. Need to learn cloth physics for a specific scene that you're making for your game right now, search that.

If at any point you don't understand something in the tutorial (it will happen), search google and you-tube for how to do that specific thing. Maybe you can't tell what keys he hit or how he "extruded an edge" or something like that. Just search google and you-tube for "How to extrude an edge in blender" and you'll find your answer and then can go back to the original tutorial.

It might seem like it takes a little while to get through your initial tutorials learning this way, but I'm convinced it's the most efficient by far and how I do and learn everything.

narukamiYuu

Dec 22, 2019
My philosophy on learning is that you could spend forever learning just about anything, and that it would be a waste of time.

It's best, and most efficient to only learn what you need, as you need it. This applies to language learning, art, blender, and just about everything.

So for blender I use you tube nearly exclusively. Need to make a couch for your game, search "How to make a couch blender". The best tutorials will come up. Need to learn cloth physics for a specific scene that you're making for your game right now, search that.

If at any point you don't understand something in the tutorial (it will happen), search google and you-tube for how to do that specific thing. Maybe you can't tell what keys he hit or how he "extruded an edge" or something like that. Just search google and you-tube for "How to extrude an edge in blender" and you'll find your answer and then can go back to the original tutorial.

It might seem like it takes a little while to get through your initial tutorials learning this way, but I'm convinced it's the most efficient by far and how I do and learn everything.
I see, the 80 20 rule right, 80% of what you lern you use 20% of the time and the most relevant 20% you use 80% of the time.
Also one more question, about hair, how do you recommend doing it? Thats something that always picked my curiosity

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
I see, the 80 20 rule right, 80% of what you lern you use 20% of the time and the most relevant 20% you use 80% of the time.
Also one more question, about hair, how do you recommend doing it? Thats something that always picked my curiosity
Exactly! Pareto Principle. How I try to do everything.

I actually recommend doing all character stuff in Daz, but creating whatever specific things you need in blender that you can't find the right models for, and importing into Daz.

So I would recommend just using the hair they have for Daz. Rigging and character creation takes forever in Blender (Months if not a year or more full time for just one character) and 99% of the time won't look as good as if you just used Daz for characters, hair and stuff like that.

Another big reason not to use hair physics is sex and other lewd animations in our industry are almost always going to be a perfect loop, with text descriptions, sound, and music. Hair physics, or any physics simulation for that matter can't be made into a perfect loop and therefore would look jittery and very wrong when the animation loops over.

If you import characters from Daz to blender, I'd recommend adding some bones to the hair, weight painting and manually animating so you can make perfect loops. You can find out how to do this by searching for rigging and animation blender tutorials.

Last edited:
Reactions: narukamiYuu