Daz White Surfaces - Light Interaction

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Hey there.

My problem is, that white surfaces, like clothes are not interacting with light the way I would like them to.
of course surfaces should get brighter when light shines on them, but often white surfaces start to shine and blend like crazy
or, if the light is not white itself cause the surface to change it's color. E.g. warm light makes my surfaces look yellowish.

E.g. this latex suit is white (slightly gray) but definitely not yellow like this.
Screenshot_1.png
I tried to set Diffuse Weight, Glossy and Glossy settings, reflection settings to 0, black, white to fix this, but without success.

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
As pointed out, it's your warm light. What's your emission temperature setting? White surfaces will turn yellowish around 2000K.

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
As pointed out, it's your warm light. What's your emission temperature setting? White surfaces will turn yellowish around 2000K.
It's at 2900. But even at 3500 it doesn't really change, not until 4500+ but that also destroys the mood of the room I want to achieve.

That how it works dude (or any pathtracer).
yes and no. I have warm room light myself. And my white door, white window frames, white papers etc are all still white. There are of course slight tone changes depending on the light. But a white surface is always still obviously a white surface with warm light shining on it and not a yellow surface.

However for now I fixed the problem by changing the base color of the surface to blueish to counter the yellowish light.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
It's at 2900. But even at 3500 it doesn't really change, not until 4500+ but that also destroys the mood of the room I want to achieve.

yes and no. I have warm room light myself. And my white door, white window frames, white papers etc are all still white. There are of course slight tone changes depending on the light. But a white surface is always still obviously a white surface with warm light shining on it and not a yellow surface.

However for now I fixed the problem by changing the base color of the surface to blueish to counter the yellowish light.
I mean if you direct point a yellow light to a white surface, that surface become yellowish, there is no magic. Counterbalance, if any, has more to do with cinema than rendering. Let's not pretend otherwise.