Daz Who are your Favorite Asset Creators?

poioiu

Mar 5, 2018
After working in Daz for a few months, I've noticed a few creators I've gravitated to like Stonemason Environments, OOT Hair, i13 environments, Mousso Characters, and Dimension Theory for Lighting. I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for similar creators or just who are your favorite ones and why?

Reactions: drowsy

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Fugazi1968 (better known by most as FG) and Ironman make the best scenes/environments on the Daz store. Though, Tesla3D, Polish, and Stonemason make great (though demanding for some rigs) ones as well. Colm Jackson and iSourceTextures have great skins, though I personally really enjoy a lot of Jessaii and DemonicaEvilius as they tend to appeal to the alternative style of girls (emo, goth, etc.) which is totally my taste. Rarestone/Nirvana (who are no longer around, it seems) have some really nice stuff. Also, OOT/Raiya bundles are always fantastic.

I'm almost exclusively using OOT hair, with a sprinkle of AprilYSH and RN. As far as non-HDRI/dome-based lighting, I usually manually light scenes myself. Far more customization ability and allows for a lot more nuanced lighting. For HDRIs/etc, Dimension Theory and Dreamlight, Orestes Graphics are all quite good. KindredArt's ghost lights are absolutely necessary (if you're too lazy to make your own). Honorable mention to Riversoft and ManFriday for their plugins/converters/etc.

poioiu

Mar 5, 2018
Fugazi1968 (better known by most as FG) and Ironman make the best scenes/environments on the Daz store. Though, Tesla3D, Polish, and Stonemason make great (though demanding for some rigs) ones as well. Colm Jackson and iSourceTextures have great skins, though I personally really enjoy a lot of Jessaii and DemonicaEvilius as they tend to appeal to the alternative style of girls (emo, goth, etc.) which is totally my taste. Rarestone/Nirvana (who are no longer around, it seems) have some really nice stuff. Also, OOT/Raiya bundles are always fantastic.

I'm almost exclusively using OOT hair, with a sprinkle of AprilYSH and RN. As far as non-HDRI/dome-based lighting, I usually manually light scenes myself. Far more customization ability and allows for a lot more nuanced lighting. For HDRIs/etc, Dimension Theory and Dreamlight, Orestes Graphics are all quite good. KindredArt's ghost lights are absolutely necessary (if you're too lazy to make your own). Honorable mention to Riversoft and ManFriday for their plugins/converters/etc.
This here is gold.

Reactions: MissFortune

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Wholeheartedly agree with the ones poioiu and MissFortune mentioned. OOT has always been a go-to for hair for me as well.

A few additional:

Daz's site:
  • Mousso and Fred Winkler Art (the "FW" in FWSA characters, although he's done a bunch without Sabby as well) have always been favorites for characters.
  • xtrart-3d for clothing (the"X-Fashion" series here and on Renderostiy)

Renderosity:
  • Fred Winkler goes as "FWArt" here
  • The new JASA characters look awesome. (JASA = Jayden and Sabby. Sabby is part of FWSA with Fred Winkler and SASE with Seven). Also KobaAlexander's characters.
  • nirvy makes a lot of very sexy clothes, as does Rhiannon, lilflame, xtrart-3d (X-Fashion) and JaMaRe (JMR series)
  • ShanasSoulmate is a master at providing additional textures for clothing, as is -Valkyrie- (all the "InStyle" stuff) and Anagord ("VERSUS" series)
Perhaps a longer list than intended, but those are consistently my favorites.

Reactions: GNVE

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
When testing new Daz skins, I always use some Daz original (mostly victoria 8.1, Babina) or (mostly Ensley) as shader archetype (and iterate from there). I think those 3 should be in anyone Daz bag, if not for the model itself just for how Uber/PRBSkin shader works for skin in general.

For scult, lot of great artists, but definitely loved Rarestone & Nirv collab style. Loved because iirc they re not sold anymore, but you should find it (RN fredda, RN Alisa, RN judy L valentine, RN Kayla...). I don't used them much but always come to mind. Not for everyone taste tho.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For clothes everything Rich said, I would add for mad cool lingerie. Guy a beast.

For environment, not cited but there is . Not much assets but close to real PBR feeling, and within Daz it's quite an achievement imho (and a good case study). In another world they have also great Unreal assets.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
For Poses I would add Zeddicuss. They have more than just fashion poses often filling a more day-to-day niche. Their poses also generally leave the feet alone (important for characters with heels especially); don't feel the need to add an expression to the face; pose the eyes or shift the character to the null or worse somewhere else entirely unless absolutely necessary (poses with figures interacting). It just works basically.

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Since most of asset creators are already mentioned here, but I'd like to share that "AprilYSH" is also great in creating hair assets.

Oot is great. But why I like AprilYSH is that his assets are less resource intensive other than most of creators and he always let us know how many poly counts are in the asset while keeping the nice quality. His hair assets are mostly near about 100k poly counts as well as looks great. So if you are not having beast PC's and using low to mid range pc AprilYSH is your saviour in hair assets.
For example Voss, delphi hair in females & Morley hair in males are most commonly seen being used. Lots of his assets are there. But since the op asked specifically about creator he is my favourite one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Since most of asset creators are already mentioned here, but I'd like to share that "AprilYSH" is also great in creating hair assets.

Oot is great. But why I'm suggesting AprilYSH is that his assets are less resource intensive other than most of creators and he always let us know how many poly counts are in the asset while keeping the nice quality. His hair assets are mostly near about 100k poly counts as well as looks great. So if you are not having beast PC's and using low to mid range pc AprilYSH is your saviour in hair assets.
For example Voss hair is most commonly used. Lots of his assets are there. But since the op asked specifically about creator he is my favourite one.
AprilYSH makes some great stuff, but the faults in their hair(s) show when you zoom in anywhere near them. They become clearly 3D made. Far away and zoomed in, OOT's hairs resemble realism to a far greater extent (for the most part), which is why he/they are more prominent in the Daz realm of things. Both are honestly fantastic, just depends on what you're looking for, really.

Reactions: NG Creative

Feb 3, 2020
I have bought almost all Sangriart's G8 characters at Rendo. She's the only PA that can get enough celeb likeness without looking uncanny and her characters all mix well either as base or additive.

Mousso characters make great still shots but for some reason I could never get expressions to look right on the ones I've tried.

Bluejante' skins are indeed amazing but I don't get the love for iSourceTextures.

What's people's opinion between DimensionTheory and PaperTiger HDRI?

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I have bought almost all Sangriart's G8 characters at Rendo. She's the only PA that can get enough celeb likeness without looking uncanny and her characters all mix well either as base or additive.

Mousso characters make great still shots but for some reason I could never get expressions to look right on the ones I've tried.

Bluejante' skins are indeed amazing but I don't get the love for iSourceTextures.

What's people's opinion between DimensionTheory and PaperTiger HDRI?
iSourceTextures use real skin scans, hence a more realistic (without really needing to crank SubD levels) skin (some figures do have issues with overly red noses, though 'no-name' gave me some advice that seems to work well on most of them). As for HDRI, PaperTiger makes some good stuff for one-off stills/portraits, but come off too studio for much else, imo. DT's stuff is a lot more usable for a variety of situations, specifically his Radiance stuff.

Reactions: 31971207

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Almost all Daz skins (those on the upper basket) use head/body scans to some extent. It's generally deep burried into the skin, so most won't even notice. Iirc iSourceTextures tend to push it "front & center". It's not bad per se, as Daz use high translucency which permit that kind of behavior (it ain't gonna work well with a real PBR skin shader), but could be better balanced with 2 much more distinct diffuse maps (Base Color/Translucency) imho.

As for red noise and other SSS failures, it's sadly very common in way too many skins. Some even are sold with fully broken one (SSS no fonctionning at all despite what you could read in the shader). I think it's due to how work transmitted color and confuse the shit out of people. That being said almost no Daz skins are really broken beyond repair.

Fun fact about bluejaunte, it's the exact same base skin, twisted and twisted again over the years (it's not as bad as it sounds). I think Ensley is its best one, especially how he uses the top coat (and you can't do the trick with PBRSkin, great sadness).

For HDRI, I use most of time simple generally IBL for fast rendering ( , and so on) with few spotlights twist. IIrc PaperTiger ones are fine.

Since it's asset recommendation, if you don't have it, one of the best plugin ever made, ! You will thank me when your crappy scene has dozen billion of light o/

Reactions: 31971207

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I dunno if people know about it, but if their worflow need HDRI/IBL, there is HRD Light Studio that is really easy to use (it's avalaible in full *cought*for free*cought*).

I suspect lot of Daz IBLs are made with it and re-sold to a retarded price.

-Export your asset if you need it (fbx or abc, sadly you can't export camera from Daz)
-In render production set to custom, 90°, and enable 'flip' if you want to use it in Daz.

0YxvG0Ygpe.png

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
I actually really like on Daz Studio, the only two models that he's put out is Bette and Hal for Genesis 8, but he's one of few that has done stylized characters that look really nice and work well with a lot of other characters. I wish people lent into stylized more.

He's also been playing around with realistic characters but unsure if he'll sell them, the dude is genuinely next-level.

1640836454309.png 1640836463016.png 1640836474564.png 1640836492583.png 1640836503677.png 1640836515497.png 1640836532243.png 1640836593460.png 1640836617035.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I actually really like on Daz Studio, the only two models that he's put out is Bette and Hal for Genesis 8, but he's one of few that has done stylized characters that look really nice and work well with a lot of other characters. I wish people lent into stylized more.

He's also been playing around with realistic characters but unsure if he'll sell them, the dude is genuinely next-level.
Definitely. Learned a lot from this mfer. Also worth a read if you want to use Daz skin with Blender and avoid full spaghetti nodes (should not happening with today diffeo but still good insight). Iirc helped me a lot to work around eyes/cornea, whatever enginer it is.

NG Creative

Jul 28, 2021
Was just surfing for the male characters. And found some male characters by look Highly realistic. His creations like Dragan HD, Goran HD, Daiji HD so on... looks very realistic.

Last edited:

Romirom

Jul 5, 2018
Oof, there are so many good creators out there. Fugazi, Sangriart, DimensionTheory, Meipex, RareStone, Zeddicuss just to name a few.

It really depends on what stuff you wanna make. For example Meipex is doing all kinds of Futa and big cock assets but also the famous Golden Palace female genitalia.

If you're into some extreme stuff you might wanna look into Davo's stuff and if you like some bdsm stuff you should check out Sickleyield for some clothing assets.

A special thanks to Fugazi for all the awesome Environments. I know it has been mentioned before in this thread but boy oh boy this creator loves to pay attention to detail.

Reactions: poioiu