Others Who can make a video trailer for steam?

17MOONKEYS

Adult Fairy Tales
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
Who can help make a video trailer for steam?
Of course I will pay for it.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There's a bunch of templates on Envato/etc. It's going to be far cheaper than paying anyone competent to do it custom, and almost anyone hired from here will likely be using a pirated template and thus a lack of proper licenses - which will become a problem for Steam. So, make sure you have the proper licenses if you do decide to go this route.

JakaiD

Dec 26, 2018
> which will become a problem for Steam
It would not be problem for Steam because Steam does not know what licenses you own or not.

But you do not need all that. I normally just record some gameplay for clips and then edit it in something like (there are other to try.. this is jut the last one I've tried and been sticking to since it is good enough)

Throw in a music track from the game and the opening logo and whatever else graphics and apply some of the effects available if you want.

Gamers on Steam want to see gameplay in these trailers, not random CG or FX. Anyway, have a look at these for more ideas what needs to go into a trailer. You do not need to spend money on making it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: 17MOONKEYS

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
It would not be problem for Steam because Steam does not know what licenses you own or not.
They can perfectly ask you to show proof that you own the licenses. And like they like to randomly strike adult games time to time, it's a risk that no one should want to take.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Was speaking to another developer a while back in the dev sub forum, and I'll refrain from names to avoid drama, but they had someone on their discord make them a trailer. Guess where they got that trailer? Envato. Guess where the music from the trailer came from? Envato. Both of which were easily found on psdkeys, and likely a number of other piracy-oriented websites. If I recall, the person making them the trailer charged more than both the audio and template license would've cost combined - and were never given the licenses for the assets used. Whereas the could've spent less in place of spending more time doing it themselves without the anxiety of getting caught with your pants down.

Were they caught? Likely not. But all it takes is the copyright holder(s) to request proof/verification of said license and/or claim infringement and Steam will pull your game down until it's proven that you either have the appropriate licenses or have infringed said copyright. And if the latter is true, it could be considered malicious, and thus effectively booting you from the platform.

Steam has every legal right to ask you for proof either due to suspicion or the aforementioned holders wanting proof.

Gamers on Steam want to see gameplay in these trailers, not random CG or FX. Anyway, have a look at these for more ideas what needs to go into a trailer. You do not need to spend money on making it.
It's certainly arguable, but seeing as 90% of adult games are Daz-based Ren'py VNs with very little in the way of non-sex animations, you're basically putting a slideshow with text and music over it. Whereas with a template, you can still show off the renders with a bit of extra flair to it. You don't need to spend money on it, but it certainly helps if you use it correctly.

JakaiD

Dec 26, 2018
Valve can really not be bothered to check that. They do not even have the means to check if your license is valid since that info is with the store you buy from. The only way anything regarding a license can become an issue is if the rights holder goes to them with proof that you are using stolen assets and make demands. I do not recall games pulled where Valve was the instigator regarding pirated assets.

Btw, this is not me condoning pirating assets or tools you use in commercial products. It is only fair to pay for what you use to profit from.

Besides, it this not a topic about trailers? Just use the open source and free stuff. There are plenty.

> you're basically putting a slideshow with text and music over it.

Ye, was thinking it is kinda hard showing off a VN. I was replying in general since it was not clear from the OP that this is regarding a VN. I suppose for a VN it would make sense to show the characters you would be interacting with and highlight something special about them. The kinks and such you might encounter is probably important too since that is what the audiance want to know about. The stuff you would basically put in the description too.

17MOONKEYS

Adult Fairy Tales
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2023
This is the easiest way.
NVIDIA Shadow Play and edit in HitFilm.