Who was the first one to found the landlady/roomates trick ?

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Everyone remember the days before the censorship began in patreon, then the landady/roomates trick appeared and everyone used it, it's now basically a private joke in the community, but who was the first one who found the landlady/roommates idea to avoid the censorship ?

jclave

Aug 24, 2019
My guess is it was Dreams of Desire.
The game was initially uncensored and didn't have landlady in the script when released in Patreon.
But Patreon started no incest rule around the time Ep7 or later came out.
At that point, the releases were changed to use landlady instead of mom, etc.

The dev allowed ppl to play the uncesored version by indirectly hinting at an unofficial patch existing which could be found by googling

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I always had the same question and my first adult game was Dreams of Desire (Ep 10 I think) which was already using it.

Whoever invented that code was a genius.

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
japan has done a similar thing with the 'childhood friend' settings for a couple of decades. so not sure if you can say it's a new idea to disguise basic incest family settings by moving into a house with 'unrelated' milf and 1-3 coincidentally your age 'roommates' who you've known since your childhood.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
japan has done a similar thing with the 'childhood friend' settings for a couple of decades. so not sure if you can say it's a new idea to disguise basic incest family settings by moving into a house with 'unrelated' milf and 1-3 coincidentally your age 'roommates' who you've known since your childhood.
Wait, which is the secret behind "childhood friend"? I watch lots of doujins and hentai and I never noticed something there.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Wait, which is the secret behind "childhood friend"?
There is and isn't a secret. They are really childhood friends, but due to the cultural difference, they also are "family like". Mostly because you past most of your free time with her/him, whatever in her/him house or yours. Generally in doujins you can hear the MC's mother say that the childhood friend is the daughter she haven't had, or that she's like a daughter for her.
But I'm not sure that it's a secret code to hide incest, since Japan have "official" mangas like Super Taboo, which are full incest. For me, it's just because childhood friend is something really frequent and natural in Japan. Add to this the fact that they aren't related, while growing together, and it's also natural that one's first crush is the said childhood friend.

• Haha
Reactions: Cul