Identify Wholesome Mascdom BDSM VN in a swords & sorcery setting. I know the plot but nothing else.

Apr 21, 2022
I heard about this particular VN a year or two ago, and now I can't remember the name of it or any of the characters. This description might be only about 80% accurate. The plot involved a dominant guy teaming up with a party of submissive adventurers. They each had a different kink that caused them problems in the field. The fighter was ticklish, the mage was an exhibitionist, and the healer just plain got off on healing people. It was like if you dropped a straight-man (meaning a character in a comedic act who is not in on the joke) into Konosuba as the MC, and the party was made out of three Darknesses. The MC was a tactician or strategist and fought from the back using a long spear and manipulation spells.

The reason I need to know is because I'm currently writing a fanfic just for fun, and it's going well enough that I'm starting to think someday I might want to give it the whole Twilight Fanfic --> Fifty Shades of Grey treatment. (You know, once the plot and themes drift far enough away from the original IPs, change the names, add the art, and turn it into an original game?) But every time I finish up an arc, I start to vaguely remember this other game and think "wait, did I unknowingly *copy* that thing beat for beat?" Which is bonkers, because the thing I'm writing is actually a mashup of two completely unrelated IPs to begin with: Log Horizon and Your Party of Hopeless Hotties. I'm sure it's probably just seeing patterns where there are none. But I'd like to compare what I've written to the original game, just to make sure. I'd link to my version, but I don't want to break the rule against linking to text-only products, so instead I'll just summarize it here.

So, yeah...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

...and that's the point at which I'm almost positive my story has finally started to diverge from the narrative of the game I heard about years ago in like a GDC youtube video or something. (And good luck searching for anything by GDC even when you do know the names of the games in question.) If anyone can identify this VN, please let me know. It's been driving me crazy. I need to know if I'm subconsciously regurgitating this thing beat-for-beat, or if Scumbag Brain is just seeing parallels where there are none.

Last edited: