VN - Ren'Py - Whoremonger NTE [Act 1.10] [Turning Tricks]

1. 4.00 star(s)

SydneyTJ

I really liked the models - for a first time Daz user these models were all interesting looking and "not weird".

Writing was good, sometimes funny and you can tell the dev has put a lot of effort into getting the mix between story and sex right.

Game was good, but suspect the dev is one to watch because their next project will only be better.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

DiggerArm

I very rarely comment on games, but the story on this one isjust amazing, full of precise details in a very realistic way, including the females.
    Great job of the environment, landscape and graphics, as well. The characters aren't the typical movie stars or fashion models seen so often in the games around. Keep on the creativity and quality. Thank you.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Tegerian

Very well done especially for a new release, story seems to flow well and the models look near lifelike. Definitely looking forward to further chapters in this tale, along within future games. Could be a bright future ahead for the dev.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed v1.0 Prologue]
    A very good, very solid start to a VN. Even though this is prologue with only a handful of branching choices yet, and only covers most of two days, it has a lot of substance.

Like many stories, this VN starts at a turning point in the protagonist's life. In this case, the story begins the day that the MC is getting out of prison after a full 5 year sentence. We're not told what the MC (presumably) did to warrant his prison time, but it seems to have been enough to cause a divorce. Neither the ex-wife nor his daughter have had any contact since the start of his sentence.

We have a BFF that's not forgotten us, however. He surprises the MC by giving him a ride, a place to live, and a new job: being the super of a newly refurbished NYC apartment building. The MC only meets one apartment renter so far -- a single mother with a daughter. The prologue ends after the next day's clothes shopping trip (for the MC) with the mother.

The pictures are good quality, without too much extra for either the MC or the women with whom he interacts. There's a prison guard the MC has been in "close contact" with for a few years that's realistically a little overweight, as is the clothes store clerk; The MC's junk isn't unbelievably sized. There's background music that's nothing particularly special, although I'd suggest having the music volume setting start out below full blast, as the splash screen's sound otherwise is too loud. I only noticed one typo in the text ("live" where "life" was intended).

The game's mechanics were busier at the start than most here. There's an introduction that precedes the set-up portion that allows us to assign names for the MC, the BFF, and the tenants, along with the age of the tenant daughter (with a warning for ages below 18). Then there's an optional tutorial, which is more of a developer's credo than a tutorial, although it does eventually explain the extra widgets added by the developers to the game's UI. The game will keep track of money, and both love and lust stats for each potential LI. In the prologue, the few choices near the end are the only ones that affect these LI stats. The credo portion also discusses the developer's NTR intent, which includes a yea/nay choice to come along in the future.

The prologue contains an optional lewd scene with the guard just before the MC leaves prison, some views of unclothed (or semi-clothed) women and the MC, and an optional under-skirt.

I liked what there was here so far. We're given hints about further background and story yet to be revealed. I've rated this with a full 5 stars -- there's really no down-sides in this game so far and I look forward to the next update sometime early in October, assuming the developer's keep to their intended schedule.