VN - Ren'Py - Whoremonger NTE [Act 2.01 Beta] [Turning Tricks]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Strobe Adverse

I absolutely LOVED the writing in this game. It's a beautiful narrative about a man rediscovering freedom and how his life intersects with others who are all on their own paths.

The characters in this VN are all relatable and each is intriguing in their own way. I love how all the women are sexy but amazingly realistic, and I'm not just talking about render quality, it's about the little flaws that make it all feel very believable... it's not a bunch of college cheerleaders who's body's defy gravity.

This is one of my favorite new games and I'll be keeping an eye on it for the next update. I highly recommend you check this game out, this developer has real talent.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

nothing stands out here, The models are nearly stock DAZ assets and the renders appear to be made using layers maybe in an attempt to speed up rendering time, but it makes some of the characters stick out in an unnatural manner. The writing and narrative are average at best. Props for having a variety of different types of LIs and options for dirty talk nicknames is always a welcome option in these games. Also props for the non standard MC
    Overall not much here to really recommend, maybe check back in a few months to see if the visuals and/or writing have improved
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Mediterraneon

Amazing intro, great character building, already shows huge potential for future acts. Really appreciate the art and developer open to learn new tricks and welcoming feedback. The NTR explanation section was awesome and a welcome change, addressing the whole community to welcome and ease everyone into this exciting and fun genre. All the best - a must try title!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

PatrickJ

Act I v 0.1 review -

Game is bad to average at this stage , starting with renders they're okay for most parts, grainy in certain areas and the female models some look good like April and some are simply bad like Shaniquah their eyes look weird in some scenes are they supposed to be vampires or something and some girls faces looks weird and creepy when compared to their bodies . And the game introdution is just too long and setting relationships felt like a chore if you like to customise it for 13 characters if you prefer to ignore default and there is no option to set default in the beginning . And I don't know if dev intended to make it as a Sandbox or VN , overview and tags says VN and in the game it has days where starting from day 1 you repeat same actions like go to coffee shop with April / make coffee yourself in home - every single morning and at night - go to bed every single day is annoying . And I rejected Joe as she looks old - i decided to ignore her and not to stare on her booty on day 1 and same choice keep on popping for day 2 , 3 , 4 when you decided not to on day 1 and so on if we decide to meet April for a coffee . And main charecter acts more like 18 year old boy in a fourty or sixty year old body and his constant monologues about how every women he sees is attractive when the players don't is off puting and seems some relationships are forced . There is some sort of story brewing but nothing extraordinary . One thing I loved in the game was Agnes character and the choice for MC to help her with food and accommodation but other than that nothing worth mentioning . So to summarise all - a boring plot with creepy main character with some average renders and some weird looking female models , a VN with choices which feels like playing a Sandbox with some repeatitive dialogues probably worth 2 stars .
  5. 4.00 star(s)

SydneyTJ

I really liked the models - for a first time Daz user these models were all interesting looking and "not weird".

Writing was good, sometimes funny and you can tell the dev has put a lot of effort into getting the mix between story and sex right.

Game was good, but suspect the dev is one to watch because their next project will only be better.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

DiggerArm

I very rarely comment on games, but the story on this one isjust amazing, full of precise details in a very realistic way, including the females.
    Great job of the environment, landscape and graphics, as well. The characters aren't the typical movie stars or fashion models seen so often in the games around. Keep on the creativity and quality. Thank you.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Tegerian

Very well done especially for a new release, story seems to flow well and the models look near lifelike. Definitely looking forward to further chapters in this tale, along within future games. Could be a bright future ahead for the dev.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

oh45

[Reviewed v1.0 Prologue]
    A very good, very solid start to a VN. Even though this is prologue with only a handful of branching choices yet, and only covers most of two days, it has a lot of substance.

Like many stories, this VN starts at a turning point in the protagonist's life. In this case, the story begins the day that the MC is getting out of prison after a full 5 year sentence. We're not told what the MC (presumably) did to warrant his prison time, but it seems to have been enough to cause a divorce. Neither the ex-wife nor his daughter have had any contact since the start of his sentence.

We have a BFF that's not forgotten us, however. He surprises the MC by giving him a ride, a place to live, and a new job: being the super of a newly refurbished NYC apartment building. The MC only meets one apartment renter so far -- a single mother with a daughter. The prologue ends after the next day's clothes shopping trip (for the MC) with the mother.

The pictures are good quality, without too much extra for either the MC or the women with whom he interacts. There's a prison guard the MC has been in "close contact" with for a few years that's realistically a little overweight, as is the clothes store clerk; The MC's junk isn't unbelievably sized. There's background music that's nothing particularly special, although I'd suggest having the music volume setting start out below full blast, as the splash screen's sound otherwise is too loud. I only noticed one typo in the text ("live" where "life" was intended).

The game's mechanics were busier at the start than most here. There's an introduction that precedes the set-up portion that allows us to assign names for the MC, the BFF, and the tenants, along with the age of the tenant daughter (with a warning for ages below 18). Then there's an optional tutorial, which is more of a developer's credo than a tutorial, although it does eventually explain the extra widgets added by the developers to the game's UI. The game will keep track of money, and both love and lust stats for each potential LI. In the prologue, the few choices near the end are the only ones that affect these LI stats. The credo portion also discusses the developer's NTR intent, which includes a yea/nay choice to come along in the future.

The prologue contains an optional lewd scene with the guard just before the MC leaves prison, some views of unclothed (or semi-clothed) women and the MC, and an optional under-skirt.

I liked what there was here so far. We're given hints about further background and story yet to be revealed. I've rated this with a full 5 stars -- there's really no down-sides in this game so far and I look forward to the next update sometime early in October, assuming the developer's keep to their intended schedule.