Why Adult Game Devs Using Weird Release Numbers

Jan 21, 2023
I really want to understand why they are using such a things like:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These are not make any sense.

Also, I reckon most of devs don't understand how to make crowdfunding, because %99.99 they only have a few renders from Daz Studio to show.
I can't see any plan like " Hey guys, our story is generally about this, we solve graphic part in that way, Our game will have 10 episodes, we will release new episodes every 3-4 months..."

They are act like Onlyfans creator other than game developer. ( Here's ultra thicc model, so give me 10 bucks a month! )
The only difference is they are not selling their own body, just using 3d models.

nulnil

May 18, 2021
Well usually they stand the exact version numbers. Like v2.7.1 would mean version 271.

But sometimes theres a letter like v1.0.7a, which usually indicates a small patch. Some games get a little too caught up in this and you start seeing letters like F or S.

Though some people use the system with the first number being major updates, the second general content updates, and the last minor patches.

I'm no expert on this though, this is just what I've observed and how I use this system.

Marvellous Lunatic

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2018
Common software development versioning: Major-Release.Minor-Release.Patch-Version

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Also, I reckon most of devs don't understand how to make crowdfunding, because %99.99 they only have a few renders from Daz Studio to show.
I can't see any plan like " Hey guys, our story is generally about this, we solve graphic part in that way, Our game will have 10 episodes, we will release new episodes every 3-4 months..."

They are act like Onlyfans creator other than game developer. ( Here's ultra thicc model, so give me 10 bucks a month! )
The only difference is they are not selling their own body, just using 3d models.
Because most devs (on patreon) are indeed much closer to your average onlyfans creator than to some kind of professional studio. Many of these projects start with someone trying something as a hobby next to their actual job, seeing whether people like it or not, hoping to make a few bucks in the process.

The number of games, which start as a real project with a fixed plan/schedule is really small, for obvious reasons.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
But sometimes theres a letter like v1.0.7a, which usually indicates a small patch. Some games get a little too caught up in this and you start seeing letters like F or S.
I've seen devs using the F as in F95zone version, to abide certain rules or as a deliberately leaked (and maybe even slimmed down) version. Other letters may have similar meanings.