Why adult Japanese game took so long to came out ?

shadowlord123

Jul 13, 2018
! This is a question, I have no answer!
Does anyone know why some adults Japanese games all way came out so late? For example, the game came out in 2013 and it took them 4 more years to release the game globally?
I know that Big brand like Littith and Miconisomi all way delay their game quite long before they release them, but I don't know why.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Most games aren't released globally:
1. because it takes a lot of work to do a proper translation
2. because there are different rules in each country and a lot of content has to be localized/edited out
3. the first two steps take a while to accomplish so only a few games get the chance to receive this treatment.

The adult industry isn't nearly as big as the game industry in general, so most people that work with translation and localization are focused on normal games instead because that's where the money is.
We do have some bigger teams working on them like sekai project or kagura but they can only work on so many games at a time, so it does take a while and most of them are never getting anything above a fantranslation or even machine translation for that matter.

shadowlord123

Jul 13, 2018
Most games aren't released globally:
1. because it takes a lot of work to do a proper translation
2. because there are different rules in each country and a lot of content has to be localized/edited out
3. the first two steps take a while to accomplish so only a few games get the chance to receive this treatment.

The adult industry isn't nearly as big as the game industry in general, so most people that work with translation and localization are focused on normal games instead because that's where the money is.
We do have some bigger teams working on them like sekai project or kagura but they can only work on so many games at a time, so it does take a while and most of them are never getting anything above a fantranslation or even machine translation for that matter.
Thanks