Why are female characters so “ugly” in most European and American adult games?

BigSuperslime

Formerly '762532618'
Feb 3, 2022
No offense and insults, but I'm really, really confused。
I'm an Asian and I can't understand why most of the 3D adult games, come from Europe and America. The female character looks terrible, with a face with a lot of edges and corners, like a hexagon. There is also a huge mouth and protruding lips, and there are a lot of black pieces, white pieces, and red pieces on the face.The skin is also poor, and all in all, most of the female characters look like a woman in her forties and fifties。All in all, the whole person looks weird。It's not even as good as a woman in reality。Why not do it like Final Fantasi and MONSTER HUNTER RISE ?
Or is it that many people really like this style or that the aesthetics are different in different regions?

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
It'd help with answering your question if you could make clear if your issue is with any Daz renders, amateuristic Daz renders, any European, west European or north European face types, trashy faces with an overdose of fillers, or specific fetishes like bimbos. Right now it isn't always clear what you mean. Are the "black pieces" birthmarks? Birthmarks aren't very common tho. Are the "black pieces" and "white pieces" grains in the renders? Do you have examples of what you dislike?

Last edited:
Reactions: Doorknob22

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
It'd help with answering your question if you could make clear if your issue is with any Daz renders, amateuristic Daz renders, any European, west European or north European face types, trashy faces with an overdose of fillers, or specific fetishes like bimbos. Right now it isn't always clear what you mean. Are the "black pieces" birthmarks? Birthmarks aren't very common tho. Are the "black pieces" and "white pieces" grains in the renders? Do you have examples of what you dislike?
That too he wants renders to look like fucking final fantasy, a triple A game by a billion dollar studio

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
why most of the 3D adult games, come from Europe and America.
As far as I remember, an average income for a Patreon game developer is $100-$300 per month. Do you really believe that game developers can make a living somewhere in Germany or USA?

But it is true that almost all developers are trying to please audience in first-world countries. It is also true that our knowledge about USA/Europe tastes is limited.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Without examples of what you mean, I don't think this can be a productive discussion. I'll say one thing though, as sick as you are of whatever it is you mean, so I am I of the flawless faces of 3D characters in Japanese / Korean games.At some point when almost everything you see is a 10/10, you start to appreciate more the 8s and the 7s.

Cartman-Brah

Jul 8, 2024
maybe as an asian you are so used to unrealistic anime characters that look like 12-13 year old kids that you find European female models ugly. just guessing, no offense and insults.

Reactions: LfkCn

peterppp

Mar 5, 2020
I'm an Asian and I can't understand why most of the 3D adult games, come from Europe and America. The female character looks terrible, with a face with a lot of edges and corners, like a hexagon. There is also a huge mouth and protruding lips, and there are a lot of black pieces, white pieces, and red pieces on the face.The skin is also poor, and all in all, most of the female characters look like a woman in her forties and fifties。All in all, the whole person looks weird。
that's how western women look like in real life... black, white, red pieces on the faces. or actually, i have no idea what you are talking about. show some pics so people understand

Erosoft

Jun 19, 2017
I know what you're talking about and I agree. You are probably referring mostly to Daz renders which tend to be the medium for most these designs. On Japanese forums I have seen the same sort of bewilderment from users, asking why Western eroge characters look fat or like obasan.

I think it largely comes down to cultural and anatomical differences between Asia and the West.

Western ideals:
  • Thicker, stockier, and fatter bodies in general
  • Large breasts, ass, and thighs... often very large
  • Plump lips
  • Thick eyebrows
  • Rounder face shapes but with inset cheeks with high cheekbones
  • Heavy use of makeup including lipstick and eye shadow
  • Tanned (and to a lesser extent) shiny skin
  • Overt, sensual, and assertive sexuality
Asian ideals:
  • Slimmer, smaller bodies in general
  • Small-to-medium sized breasts, ass, thighs
  • Thin lips
  • Thin eyebrows
  • Thin and "pointy" face shapes
  • Light use of makeup, at least superficially
  • Pale, matte skin
  • Subdued, receptive, and passive sexuality
Obviously, these are generalizations and everyone will have their own preferences, but the trends can be seen over the population at large.

I personally live in Japan and much prefer the Asian beauty standards and draw inspiration from them. As we are on a Western forum, however, it's hard to complain about 3D renders following Western beauty standards.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Beauty standards being different is obvious, but what I personally don't understand is why Hollywood celebs go to the most worthless plastic surgeons to make themselves look grotesque. Maybe if it was some randoms that can't pay top dollars, I can understand, but celebs that can go to the most renowned surgeon?

You almost never hear about fucked up plastic surgery in Asia.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Asian ideals:
  • Slimmer, smaller bodies in general
  • Small-to-medium sized breasts, ass, thighs
  • Thin lips
  • Thin eyebrows
  • Thin and "pointy" face shapes
  • Light use of makeup, at least superficially
  • Pale, matte skin
  • Subdued, receptive, and passive sexuality
We like them as well. We call them femboys.

Erosoft

Jun 19, 2017
Beauty standards being different is obvious, but what I personally don't understand is why Hollywood celebs go to the most worthless plastic surgeons to make themselves look grotesque. Maybe if it was some randoms that can't pay top dollars, I can understand, but celebs that can go to the most renowned surgeon?
You may be surprised at the number of people who find it attractive. You don't "get" it, which isn't a bad thing. Other users here are joking about Asian beauty standards making girls look like teenagers or femboys, meaning they don't "get" that beauty standard.

You almost never hear about fucked up plastic surgery in Asia.
Many people would call the prolific plastic surgery in Korea and Taiwan "fucked up" in the same way.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
OP would've really helped himself if he had provided specific examples, but one thing did come to my mind as to why he is asking this and that is that there a lot of fucking ugly ass models in some 3D games regardless of beauty standards.

So while you knuckle draggers are coming in here about western beauty standards, remember there are popular 3D games with some bitches that fell from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
WesternEroticGames.png