Why are harem games with a hierarchy so rare, when it's one of the most important (and hottest) parts of it?

werfwerwef

Mar 26, 2020
"The king's wives, concubines, dancing girls and slaves were not the only women of the Mughal harem. Many others, including the king's mother lived in the harem. Aunts, grandmothers, sisters, daughters and other female relatives of the king all lived in the harem. Male children also lived in the harem until they grew up. Within the precincts of the harem were markets, bazaars, laundries, kitchens, playgrounds, schools and baths. The harem had a hierarchy, its chief authorities being the wives and female relatives of the emperor and below them were the concubines. There were also ladies-in-waiting, servants, maids, cooks, women, officials, and guards. The harem of the Mughal Empire was guarded by eunuchs, as well as female warriors called Urdubegis"

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Because it would take control away from the main character, imply that the women have a life that doesn't involve taking his cock 24/7 and also involve other penises with means NTR for certain delicate souls of f95zone.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Because it would take control away from the main character, imply that the women have a life that doesn't involve taking his cock 24/7 and also involve other penises with means NTR for certain delicate souls of f95zone.
A couple hierarchical games handle this well, the one I linked above your reply for instance. But they're also rare for this same reason that you mention. The ability to choose a "harem leader" out of a number of girls is unheard of, especially. This is due the prohibitive nature of these games and the required amount of dialogue and scene changes that would be required throughout.

shabadu

Jun 5, 2020
There's also two different types of harems being talked about here. The historic harem your quote is describing was, like, just a place - a physical area of a house or palace where all of the women lived. Of course someone like the Sultan's mother would have more authority there than a slave girl.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
You're using a really old text book definition of what "harem" means that no one else really knows or cares about. By that logic, Futunari is only the humans who can change their genre at will with the moon cycle or something like that.

As someone else said, if you think it's hot then good for you but that's just your opinion. Not only most people don't like or care about that, it aslo would take a lot of extra knowledge and efforts, so only those who care about that kind of games will go for it.

Last edited:

Jofur

May 22, 2018
Most harem games are probably more incidentally harem games rather than being made with that specific fetish in mind. When you are making a game with a lot of female characters that interact with the protagonist, it just kind of ends up becoming a harem by default. Most players(me included to be fair) don't like or fantasize competing with other men or sharing the women. So male characters just tend to fall to the wayside when it comes to story.

MLocke

Feb 3, 2021
I think that's a hidden life kept behind the scenes and not something the king himself sees much of. If you tried to make a medieval game, you might see more of these kind of themes come into focus, but I don't know what the idea of actual concubines introduces besides more rules to fit the setting.

With the eunuchs, strict isolation, and the king literally being treated like a king, I don't get how the harem life being described is more complex besides the possibility of getting tied up in palace intrigue.