Why are there so few good hentai pregnancy games? (RPG)

Anys_Negra

Feb 22, 2022
I still can't understand why there are so few such games, I know only a few great popular games for pregnant women: Lona RPG, Hazumi and Pregnant, Princess Meltiss, Shoku and Kagura games, someone will say, but there are a lot of them, yes, but I have already passed them all, so here why doesn't someone else try to do something like this if you're creating a really good game with a wide variety of scenes, like being raped by monsters, like in kagura games, or to bring in such basic sexual information about a character, like in Lona RPG or Shoku games, the degree of pregnancy, like in Lona RPG, I'm sure, that she would have collected a lot of good reviews and ratings, and most importantly, a lot of money. Eh, maybe someone will explain it to me after all? P.S If there are mistakes, the fucking yandex translator is to blame for everything

• Red Heart
Reactions: FeSs101

OMGMCM

Jun 28, 2022
Yeh alot of preg games just kinda throw in the preg and leave it as that, i want one where you can only get them preg in their window you have to deal with the baby etc and the costs of all that, also waiting for it and even if you dont want to get them pregnant that could be something you have to avoid. Like you can only creampie them if they arent ovulating if you dont want to make them pregnant.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
For some reason quite a few people think pregnant women are "ugly" and shall not be touched at all. Maybe that's one reason. Another reason may be that pregnancy is usually used as the endgame and you maybe get a scene or two and that's it. I suppose pregnancy as part of the main story (including birth maybe etc) would be considered too niche, how much of an audience is there for this type of material? Yet another reason may be that many devs may not have all that much experience with pregnancy and what it means and thus are not really in a position to create a good game around that idea.
I mean, you already see a lot of ridiculous BS in VNs where you can tell the person who wrote that scene either doesn't care about reality or lacks experience. Imagine that level of writing applied to game about pregnancy.

Reactions: Anys_Negra

OMGMCM

Jun 28, 2022
For some reason quite a few people think pregnant women are "ugly" and shall not be touched at all. Maybe that's one reason. Another reason may be that pregnancy is usually used as the endgame and you maybe get a scene or two and that's it. I suppose pregnancy as part of the main story (including birth maybe etc) would be considered too niche, how much of an audience is there for this type of material? Yet another reason may be that many devs may not have all that much experience with pregnancy and what it means and thus are not really in a position to create a good game around that idea.
I mean, you already see a lot of ridiculous BS in VNs where you can tell the person who wrote that scene either doesn't care about reality or lacks experience. Imagine that level of writing applied to game about pregnancy.
I think pregnancy kinda hot though ahaha dunno if thats an odd opinion but just like it

Anys_Negra

Feb 22, 2022
Yeh alot of preg games just kinda throw in the preg and leave it as that, i want one where you can only get them preg in their window you have to deal with the baby etc and the costs of all that, also waiting for it and even if you dont want to get them pregnant that could be something you have to avoid. Like you can only creampie them if they arent ovulating if you dont want to make them pregnant.
+++++++

Anys_Negra

Feb 22, 2022
Yes, I thought about it, but I didn't attach much importance to it. As for what kind of audience, well, naturally, for pervert fetishists (like me), well, I do not know if experience in this field matters, you can also look at other works and take a good example from there.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
1: There are few good games period.
98% of the games are trash.
2: Pregancy is a lot of problem's that dont neccery add to the story.
Problems like:
How are you going to add it into the story?
Only impregnation?
Growing belly?
Birth?
What are you going to do with the babies?
Does it add enough to justify the work hours.

Incest is easy.
It is just sex where you say brother instead of lover or master.
Rape is slightly harder as you got to take into consideration the risk of getting caught.

Try to write a story about building a harem.
Add in personaly traits, families, how the main character gets the harem.
Now add pregancy to that.
It isnt worth it unless it is either:
A: Ignored beyond big belly.
B: The focus of the game.

Play wicked whimes if you want pregancy.

Reactions: Uldork57

Anys_Negra

Feb 22, 2022
1: There are few good games period.
98% of the games are trash.
2: Pregancy is a lot of problem's that dont neccery add to the story.
Problems like:
How are you going to add it into the story?
Only impregnation?
Growing belly?
Birth?
What are you going to do with the babies?
Does it add enough to justify the work hours.

Incest is easy.
It is just sex where you say brother instead of lover or master.
Rape is slightly harder as you got to take into consideration the risk of getting caught.

Try to write a story about building a harem.
Add in personaly traits, families, how the main character gets the harem.
Now add pregancy to that.
It isnt worth it unless it is either:
A: Ignored beyond big belly.
B: The focus of the game.

Play wicked whimes if you want pregancy.
In my head, it was much easier to come up with whether everything is really that difficult, it feels like writing an exam is easier than making a hentai game about pregnancy.

Kallel69

Mar 3, 2018
I'd guess part of the reason that a lot of h-game devs don't want to or can't right or come up with an idea of what to do during the 9-months, or what ever time, that the characters are pregnant. The after birth time frame might be interesting but then the only that can only lead to a couple of different scenarios (that i can think of), one of which is against the rules (see general 1 sub rule 7, https://f95zone.to/threads/general-rules-updated-2022-02-01.5589/), so better safe than sorry.

Plus for a lot of h-game devs its their first or first couple-few games and pregnancy gameplay/content is a niche genre, but that also means theirs "room to grow". Yes I intended that, hah.

One game you might've missed is Karryn's Prison w/ CC mod if your looking for more preg games.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
think pregnancy kinda hot though ahaha dunno if thats an odd opinion but just like it
Everything is subjective of course but I never understood people who consider pregnant women "ugly" or someone they wouldn't want to touch etc. but are crazy about things like anal sex (something you find in countless VNs, often unavoidable and unskippable)... that does not compute. A good looking woman will still be a really good looking woman when pregnant and she will still enjoy, like and want intimacy.

I also don't think that this a "fetish" per se, this is kind of like saying someone has a breast fetish just because he likes them and finds them pretty, unless someone ONLY wants to be intimate with a pregnant woman or ONLY wants to play with breasts and nothing else.

F4C430

Dec 4, 2018
I also don't think that this a "fetish" per se, this is kind of like saying someone has a breast fetish just because he likes them and finds them pretty, unless someone ONLY wants to be intimate with a pregnant woman or ONLY wants to play with breasts and nothing else.
It most definitely is a fetish. It doesn't mean you can't like non-pregnant too though.

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
It most definitely is a fetish.
The standard definition of "fetish" is that someone is sexuall aroused by nongenital body parts like feet or even inanimate objects etc. So it would probably be more like a kink or preference. When everything is a fetish (or kink) then nothing is a fetish (or kink). If someone is especially aroused by pregnant women and prefers them over non pregnant women or is looking for specific content with pregnancy all the time, then sure, it's a kink or preference. But saying pregnant women are not ugly and are still desirable as sexual partners (especially when it's your actual real life partner) is something I would still label "vanilla" / "normal".

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Trying to make a game which has pregnancy as one of the main fetishes, and become central to the plot, Ican say it causes quite a lot of problems, especially if your story continue past the birth.

First, a big belly cause you to have to make a lot more renders for all the girls you impregnated.
When the choice is dating or not a woman, a lot of the interactions do not change. The renders stay roughly the same for most dialogues. With pregnancy, if you have multiple girls in a a scene and you let the player choose which one he impregnate, that means that you have to have a render for every combination of pregnant/not pregnant. A shitload of work.
Of course, you can make a lot of the love interests mandatory but other players do not like that. That's the path I chosen due to the fact that I do that as a hobby and want the story to move along at a decent pace.

Second, children are a pain in the ass story wise. I don't want the kids involved in sexual situation at all, so in a lot of situation they are a a cockblock...like IRL. That can be written around of course but that's dependent of your setting and the level of realism you want.

Third, assets. I use HS and a lot of clothes won't fit right with a big belly. At least not with a lot of work from the dev. I do not know about DAZ though.

There is way to overcome all of them of course, but it's not easy and cost you in other ways.

Reactions: Kallel69

Anys_Negra

Feb 22, 2022
Trying to make a game which has pregnancy as one of the main fetishes, and become central to the plot, Ican say it causes quite a lot of problems, especially if your story continue past the birth.

First, a big belly cause you to have to make a lot more renders for all the girls you impregnated.
When the choice is dating or not a woman, a lot of the interactions do not change. The renders stay roughly the same for most dialogues. With pregnancy, if you have multiple girls in a a scene and you let the player choose which one he impregnate, that means that you have to have a render for every combination of pregnant/not pregnant. A shitload of work.
Of course, you can make a lot of the love interests mandatory but other players do not like that. That's the path I chosen due to the fact that I do that as a hobby and want the story to move along at a decent pace.

Second, children are a pain in the ass story wise. I don't want the kids involved in sexual situation at all, so in a lot of situation they are a a cockblock...like IRL. That can be written around of course but that's dependent of your setting and the level of realism you want.

Third, assets. I use HS and a lot of clothes won't fit right with a big belly. At least not with a lot of work from the dev. I do not know about DAZ though.

There is way to overcome all of them of course, but it's not easy and cost you in other ways.
Well, this is understandable, but if the main character is not a man, but a girl, does it somehow simplify the work or not?

OMGMCM

Jun 28, 2022

No i get that i think pregnancy is a very very hard thing to get right which is why there isnt any really good ones, i would love to see a game that gets it so right and does everything that something like that needs but i also get that the amount of effort and work youd have to put in to make it that good wouldn't be worth it and im fine with that, some of the preg games we have now are alright for what i need atleast just one day maybe someone will come along and have it all done good

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Well, this is understandable, but if the main character is not a man, but a girl, does it somehow simplify the work or not?
It would help, but most people are interested by male MC so...again you lose players for that choice.

No i get that i think pregnancy is a very very hard thing to get right which is why there isnt any really good ones, i would love to see a game that gets it so right and does everything that something like that needs but i also get that the amount of effort and work youd have to put in to make it that good wouldn't be worth it and im fine with that, some of the preg games we have now are alright for what i need atleast just one day maybe someone will come along and have it all done good
I hope I am going to make it right but again, with a story that is more kinetic than choice based when it comes to who you impregnate.

I get you, impregnation is one of my biggest kink and one I do not want to fulfill in real life so I hope that other games will incorporate it too. But I don't hold my breath.