Why Daz Studio Sucks

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Have to do it myself :ROFLMAO:

Vent your frustration here o/

-Spectral rendering
At some point you want to milk for skin details and give it that full PBR look. Problem? It's bugged (It's not with Iray/3DMAX but with Daz).
Since ever. Fuck you tho.

-Animations
What kind of bug you prefer : floor skiing? Spaghetti arms in middle of your 95 frames?
Yeah, fuck it and anything serious with it.

-SubD
Only Base export/import level, guys. There is indeed a trick, but show how greedy fuck they are.
Buy those HD morphs.

-Dforce
I've not asked for a full real life simulation, just give me some quick raw results, fuck's sake (that does not take half a year to complete).

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
And you didn't mention that if you simulate the whole shit looks often looks weirder as it should. Pretty sure a lot of people did bite their keyboard because of dforce alone.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
You didn't mention the never-ending bugfest with every new release... bugs that have been reported during the betas, things suddenly stop working, with no solution in sight... oh wait, you can buy new stuf, I forgot.
reminds me of this video

-SubD
Only Base export/import level, guys. There is indeed a trick, but show how greedy fuck they are.
Buy those HD morphs.
I mean, for most of my exporting, I want non subdivided stuff, it makes it easier for my workflow, but are you saying the HD morphs add displacement for the SubD surfaces? That would be a nice featuer and I could see why people want it... perhaps after exporting both models a height/distortion map could be made so that the more optimized/lower poly versions could have cheap displacement to add in the HD details (such as if exporting to unity or something).

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I mean, for most of my exporting, I want non subdivided stuff, it makes it easier for my workflow, but are you saying the HD morphs add displacement for the SubD surfaces? That would be a nice featuer and I could see why people want it... perhaps after exporting both models a height/distortion map could be made so that the more optimized/lower poly versions could have cheap displacement to add in the HD details (such as if exporting to unity or something).
HD morphs ARE disp. maps for SubD meshes ! (yes you have a disp. map layer (a single) with iray but nobody use it)
Why they do this is gonna get long, but mostly 1. $$$, 2. competition but too long too explain.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
HD morphs ARE disp. maps for SubD meshes ! (yes you have a disp. map layer (a single) with iray but nobody use it)
Why they do this is gonna get long, but mostly 1. $$$, 2. competition but too long too explain.
Ah, in that case, a good What The Fuck is needed, indeed the greed is strong with this one.

Reactions: Black Ram oss

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Ah, in that case, a good What The Fuck is needed, indeed the greed is strong with this one.
That's also why Daz skin look so poor (shading apart) in blender or the like, all exported at base lvl.
Skin (Daz one or Texturing.xyz doesn't matter) without a real disp map is kinda ... well you know.

Will try to write about it but its complex matter tho

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You didn't mention the never-ending bugfest with every new release... bugs that have been reported during the betas, things suddenly stop working, with no solution in sight... oh wait, you can buy new stuf, I forgot.
46jxd0.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cry:

The last two DAZ updates I tried were crazy... caused a lot more problems than they fixed... well, in fact, the version I use now doesn't have too many problems, so they should focus on optimizing some aspects like the ones you mentioned, not on creating more unexplainable problems for those of us who use it, lol

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Not the biggest thing but I dislike the the smart content system just not as much as the content library:
  • If you search ''red chair" you'll get all results for "Red" & "Chair"
  • Searching for "Sofa" and "Couch" you'll get different results
  • Lot's of duplicate categories (in poses > by region > partial body I have a category lower and lower body)
  • preview images on hover are often just a little to small (in rare cases smaller than the picture in the selection bar)
In the content library all forms of logic break down unless you reorganise everything yourself.
I would have loved it if they standardized more and used a system of tags you could select to refine any searches.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Not the biggest thing but I dislike the the smart content system just not as much as the content library:
  • If you search ''red chair" you'll get all results for "Red" & "Chair"
  • Searching for "Sofa" and "Couch" you'll get different results
  • Lot's of duplicate categories (in poses > by region > partial body I have a category lower and lower body)
  • preview images on hover are often just a little to small (in rare cases smaller than the picture in the selection bar)
In the content library all forms of logic break down unless you reorganise everything yourself.
I would have loved it if they standardized more and used a system of tags you could select to refine any searches.
I agree but the problem here is that every content creator can make his own categories and add new folders etc. so this one is not entirely Daz's fault. It doesn't make it any better though and Daz really should think about a solution.

mgomez0077 which version are you using? I'm still using .84 on my render pc because I got into the habit of checking the Daz forum before I upgrade and, oh boy, that was my luck xD

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
@mgomez0077 which version are you using? I'm still using .84 on my render pc because I got into the habit of checking the Daz forum before I upgrade and, oh boy, that was my luck xD
Daz 4.12.0.86

I'm pushing it pretty hard and it's holding up well, lol

I always have 2 versions minimum, and the one I updated to version 4.12.1.116 or 4.12.1.117 was a disaster... it's very "nice", after spending a couple of hours on an animation, to see that those versions have problems saving some keyframes, or the Iray rendering settings :mad:
It was also fun to see that when searching for assets and wanting to press a particular letter to go directly to the assets that begin with that letter, it didn't work, and instead moved the camera or triggered other actions, lol :ROFLMAO::oops:

After seeing all this nonsense, I went to check the Daz forums, and yeah, there were "very happy" people there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::KEK:

Evic

May 25, 2018
I don't know... the thing is free and you can get thousands of assets without paying them a penny, even without pirating a single one if you really want to. Could be worse. :)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Daz 4.12.0.86

I'm pushing it pretty hard and it's holding up well, lol

I always have 2 versions minimum, and the one I updated to version 4.12.1.116 or 4.12.1.117 was a disaster... it's very "nice", after spending a couple of hours on an animation, to see that those versions have problems saving some keyframes, or the Iray rendering settings :mad:
It was also fun to see that when searching for assets and wanting to press a particular letter to go directly to the assets that begin with that letter, it didn't work, and instead moved the camera or triggered other actions, lol :ROFLMAO::oops:

After seeing all this nonsense, I went to check the Daz forums, and yeah, there were "very happy" people there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::KEK:
100% this!
Oh and yeah that's the version I meant I'm using, not .84^^

I don't know... the thing is free and you can get thousands of assets without paying them a penny, even without pirating a single one if you really want to. Could be worse. :)
It's true of course, but that doesn't mean that they should slack with updates or ignore user feedback, I mean why is there a beta thread for feedback when all the bugs mentioned there will be in the public release anyway?
Also, they have a really aggressive marketing and pricing policy (not to say greedy), they want people to buy stuff, but why should people buy stuff when the program itself isn't working properly and they constantly throw rocks at you with every new update?
It's just frustrating and doesn't really make people want to buy stuff or support Daz.