Why is this happening?

xesp

Mar 26, 2018
Can anyone help? look at this picture..

Why are the genesis 3 genitals gray? what am I doing wrong?
Any help?

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
When you add the genitals, you have to apply the skin texture. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but this is my method.

1. Go into the products tab rather than the files tab, if you haven;t done so already. Everything tends to be more organized in that tab. Go to figures and search for the character whose skin you wish to use.
Step 1.png

2. Go into the materials tab of the characters skin and look for one of the two skin features there. If you are rendering in Iray, you want to choose the one labeled "MDL". All skins aren't labeled "Maps", but the thumbnail will make it pretty obvious.
Step 2.png
Alternative 2.png Alternatives.png

Like the two above, they'll be portrayed a bit differently, but these are the skins. And they aren't always labeled "Iray", in which case, you drop down the material tab under the character and click "Iray" to specify your search.

I also noticed that you didn't use the gentialia for the female, in which case it is under the anatomy tab. I don't remember if it comes pre-installed, but I'm quite sure it did for me.

Female Genitalia Location.png

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Views: 27....
answers.... 0 .... can anyone please help?
Do you know how off putting it is seeing comments like this?
If it takes 1000 views to get a response, that's what it takes, unless of course you are willing to pay....

Anyway in my experience with another 3d program, the greying out happened because the texture was not applied to the map properly, most often because it was either not loaded into the program properly or was not being read properly. It then just showed the map with the default grey, no detail skin applied.

Reactions: lilcleotorres

xesp

Mar 26, 2018
When you add the genitals, you have to apply the skin texture. I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but this is my method.

1. Go into the products tab rather than the files tab, if you haven;t done so already. Everything tends to be more organized in that tab. Go to figures and search for the character whose skin you wish to use.
View attachment 104248

2. Go into the materials tab of the characters skin and look for one of the two skin features there. If you are rendering in Iray, you want to choose the one labeled "MDL". All skins aren't labeled "Maps", but the thumbnail will make it pretty obvious.
View attachment 104249
View attachment 104250 View attachment 104251

Like the two above, they'll be portrayed a bit differently, but these are the skins. And they aren't always labeled "Iray", in which case, you drop down the material tab under the character and click "Iray" to specify your search.

I also noticed that you didn't use the gentialia for the female, in which case it is under the anatomy tab. I don't remember if it comes pre-installed, but I'm quite sure it did for me.

Thank you so much ChainZero this is forum help! I am a rookie wiith daz and after I answer kitearesI will try your tips.
Thank you!

View attachment 104253
Do you know how off putting it is seeing comments like this?
If it takes 1000 views to get a response, that's what it takes, unless of course you are willing to pay....

Anyway in my experience with another 3d program, the greying out happened because the texture was not applied to the map properly, most often because it was either not loaded into the program properly or was not being read properly. It then just showed the map with the default grey, no detail skin applied.

".......that's what it takes, unless of course you are willing to pay...."
DO YOU WANT MONEY ?????....
I can pay you if you HELP ME!!!!!!
ChainZero....... i dont know how to say in english... (deserves) it much more than you...
I have no problem to pay....I just want help ... maybe I was rude... but your answer was way most rude then mine.....
again..... THANK YOU ChainZero

.............Thank you so much ChainZero this is forum help! I am a rookie wiith daz and after I answer kitearesI will try your tips.
Thank you!.......

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
".......that's what it takes, unless of course you are willing to pay...."
DO YOU WANT MONEY ?????....
I can pay you if you HELP ME!!!!!!
<snip>
I have no problem to pay....I just want help ... maybe I was rude... but your answer was way most rude then mine.....
again..... THANK YOU ChainZero
Quoting me out of context will not help with the obvious language barrier.
You came across as demanding. Less than an hour after your original post you were back and it appeared to me you were complaining that (only) 27 people had looked at your post and no one had given you the help you wanted.
My comment meant if you want help it will take as long as it takes, unless of course you are willing to pay, at which point you can demand.
I have had so much free help from people here and other forums that I like to repay if possible. But it does bug me if I see someone not appreciating the value of the help they get or demanding to be helped as if it is their right.
The greater part of my post was offering the little bit of help I could, which was limited to my experience. It just so happened while doing that @ChainZero was giving a far better response which has allowed you to focus on only the negative part of my response.

<snip>
ChainZero....... i dont know how to say in english... (deserves) it much more than you...
<snip>
You seem to say that perfectly fine and I agree with you...if money was infact being asked for.

Reactions: Nightcrawler

xesp

Mar 26, 2018
your answer only have a negative part to me! but..... i agree....we cant just... put a question and want an answer in the same time ... ok... sorry !