Why my HDD is working when all files are on SSD??? *solved*

mattocean

Oct 8, 2018
Hello,

I bought SSD card for faster file loading and render preparation. DAZ itself is on SSD and the contents are on SSD stored too. Under General tab in config both directory (TEMP files and DSON cache) are on SSD drive. However when I start rendering, my HDD begins to work and slow down the system. Why is the HDD working for render preparation when nowhere set up in the config file?

Thanks for your tips.

mattocean

Oct 8, 2018
the problem was the windows swap file... I don't know why, my windows swap file was stored on the HDD. I redirect it to the SSD. Now my HDD not working during the rendering.

what a different. :)

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I use to have both windows 7 and windows 10, each on different harddrive, but a lot of the drivers were on a shared drive, windows 10 corrupted the drive, so now my window 7 can't connect to my keyboard and mouse. So yeah, where certain files are at do matter.

Jardelina

Apr 20, 2022
Apparently, you just need to configure your SSD and HDD in the BIOS. Look at the detailed guides on YouTube and do the setup yourself; it is not so difficult. You just need to remove the priority in the BIOS from HDD to SSD. There is nothing difficult at all. It is done in 30 seconds. However, when something breaks, it's better not to try to fix it yourself. When I had a small breakdown on my HDD, I decided to fix this problem myself, according to the guides on YouTube. And I didn't succeed, and I only aggravated the situation, and then I had to take my HDD to this service -- . It's good that everything was fixed there for me.

Last edited: