WHY TF IS MUSIC ALWAYS SO LOUD IN GAMES

nudededidudedi

May 4, 2018
I've got an hyperx cloud 2 and from the get-go, that headset is already pretty loud but whenever I download a new game I get a severe case of ear bleeding n tinnitus from the menu music... Please, developers, consider that ppl aren't playing these games for your royalty free first class ear rape

G'day n kys.

Reactions: groove888

lodadsaq

Futa Church of Holy Cock Rings
Donor
Mar 3, 2017
chill

if its a RPGM game always be carfull, if its a renpy gme then just turn down the volume. also you can lower the volume of aplications

Reactions: DrackDrap and N7

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's mostly in RPGM games where the sound is set to 100% at default and somehow really blasts through my speakers at first startup. It has already become customary here with new games to go straight to the option menu.
I've been dicking around in RPGM MV lately, but haven't seen any options for it when developing. Maybe some plugin? Or maybe I just missed it.
So yeah, I guess the fault is more at RPGM instead of the game devs.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Here's what I do.

Don't worry, i'll do it simple steps for those less tech savvy types amongst you.

1. Turn the volume down in game.
2. If game has no volume turn down volume of system you are playing it on.
3. If system has no volume control it's time to upgrade your toaster.

Reactions: DrackDrap

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
4. Turn down your speakers / headphones / headset, most of them come with a wheel to turn down the volume :p

Reactions: DrackDrap

nudededidudedi

May 4, 2018
Here's what I do.

Don't worry, i'll do it simple steps for those less tech savvy types amongst you.

1. Turn the volume down in game.
2. If game has no volume turn down volume of system you are playing it on.
3. If system has no volume control it's time to upgrade your toaster.
Of course i know how to turn my volume down its just that for the 5 seconds that that takes im feelin like im at a kiss live concert

Reactions: Palanto

exer

Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
This is why I always get headphones with built-in volume control. Everyone's computer is different, so developers can't know how loud or soft music will be on everyone's speakers. If it's always loud on your computer, then make sure your headphones are off when you boot stuff up, or just lower the overall volume on your computer when you do. Then turn it up as needed.

FoxLust

Aug 20, 2017
Just put your sound lower in general if your pc volume is at 100% all the time its kinda normal.

Wolfe134

Dec 15, 2017
Just right click your volume control, select volume mixer and then drop down the volume of whatever is causing you issues. This way you can listen to your own music over. Obviously if there's an ingame one it's better since you can keep the sound effects at a decent setting and just drop the music out.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
If you're on windows download EarTrumpet and live happily (it's an improved version of the windows' audio mixer)