3.60 star(s) 5 Votes

"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Haast You could go through your posts in this thread and copy all the bits that you think are important and paste them into a small txt file and clean and organize them into a killer review.

I know my Wicked Choices Book 1 review was composed on my phone over several days so I could let it simmer a bit and come together.

Reactions: ASLPro3D

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Well that was a pleasant surprise, getting a little impromptu Swedish lesson in there with Larsen, even though Icelandic is slightly different. Pretty cool! I like the introduction of other real-world cultures to mix in with the fantasy ones. Mycket bra!

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Good thing I wasnt the only one that noticed it, I only learnt a few words of Swedish, years ago, but yeah, it is Very Good, basicly I only learnt things like how are you, and other basic stuff, like how to say I felt like crap :LOL:.
The more ASLProd3D can enmesh things, the better it gets, considering we are the main character for some parts of the game, its best if we can get a feel for what "We" are feeling, for those that can pick out languages, or the feeling behind them (I couldnt read all of it without a translator sadly) we can get a better feel for what the Devs want to do, or have us "feel". Like we know he was not the man you want to F with, and they had already annoyied him in the past.

BTW ASLPro3D Hur ma du? (Its been about 14 years since I had to even think of words in Swedish lol)
Still feeling good, always good when the level of crud you have to deal with subsides, and your last comment noted that a lot of the crud had been dealt with, hopefully for good.

Oh and my Health thing that stress effects, isn't heart related it is more blood related (Not blood pressure though).

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No i disagree on one thing out of all that you just said. You are familiar with the "Way of the Gods" because you are one. I mean you are making this beautiful and every evolving world here that you are allowing all of us followers to get a glimse in on and even participate in to some degree or another. Again sir i say you are more then only a Human you are a God.
I am not really sure about being a 'god' and if I am, I sure am not one that deserves worship, as I am not sure that some people would enjoy the kind of benediction that I'd provide them. :D

But, yeah, like any 'god', I do enjoy messing with the lives of the characters that I create and putting them in situations that I hope all of you enjoy watching and witnessing!! ;) :devilish:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
PS: when you have downtime, yeah right... do you ever just read because I wouldnt mind you reading a thing I wrote for pointers or comments. Yes, I realise that cuts into development time, but sometimes everyone needs a rest.
Honestly, I don't read much anymore... I've not found time or authors that inspire me to read, like days of old. But, yeah, I would look over what you've got, might take me a bit, but would certainly take a look and offer my thoughts.

Reactions: DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
any walkthrough
Nope, no walkthrough... if someone wants to make one, they are welcome to do so... though there really wasn't much of a need for a walkthrough for "Chapter One" and you can see the scenes that you've missed in the Gallery once you've played through to see other choices you had.

Reactions: DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well that was a pleasant surprise, getting a little impromptu Swedish lesson in there with Larsen, even though Icelandic is slightly different. Pretty cool! I like the introduction of other real-world cultures to mix in with the fantasy ones. Mycket bra!
You can thank Sierra3 for that and some of the corrections that will be updated in the dialect in the next release, as he really wanted to do the same with Larsen, like what I had done with Namiko and Karma (speaking together in Japanese) to give more immersion into the characters!!

We really want to be inclusive to other individual's cultures and lifestyles, as well as, try to do things as cinematic as possible for players... hopefully, we are accomplishing that some for everyone! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Good thing I wasnt the only one that noticed it, I only learnt a few words of Swedish, years ago, but yeah, it is Very Good, basicly I only learnt things like how are you, and other basic stuff, like how to say I felt like crap :LOL:.
The more ASLProd3D can enmesh things, the better it gets, considering we are the main character for some parts of the game, its best if we can get a feel for what "We" are feeling, for those that can pick out languages, or the feeling behind them (I couldnt read all of it without a translator sadly) we can get a better feel for what the Devs want to do, or have us "feel". Like we know he was not the man you want to F with, and they had already annoyied him in the past.

BTW ASLPro3D Hur ma du? (Its been about 14 years since I had to even think of words in Swedish lol)
Still feeling good, always good when the level of crud you have to deal with subsides, and your last comment noted that a lot of the crud had been dealt with, hopefully for good.

Oh and my Health thing that stress effects, isn't heart related it is more blood related (Not blood pressure though).
I am doing well, as will be conveyed in my next post for all of you, thank you!! I feel I am back to good health and the pain is a distant memory, yeah, I think I am out of the woods!! :)(y)

Stress can do some CRAZY things to our body, changes the way we sleep, affects our health, our thinking, the way our heart and body works... so yeah, I can definitely see how it would affect you, my friend... don't worry about the review, you post your thoughts HERE in the forums which is GOOD ENOUGH for me... and I think we'll get more reviews on our current game from players once we get a little deeper into the story for everyone. ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
00july_preview.png

Update: Balls to the Wall – July 8, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

Sorry that I didn’t provide an update last week, got buried under the mountain of work that I had set for myself and the holiday (Independence Day) snuck up on me and decided to forego doing an update and just keep working… so that is what I did, kept working.

The holiday brought with it a comfortable pace of work with few to no distractions, allowing me to crank out a ton of renders and animation for “Chapter Two” for the prologue of “Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy”.

While I was able to enjoy a part of the holiday with family on Sunday, the rest of the week was a mad dash of creativity, inspiration and an agreeable render-rig to tackle all of the work I was throwing its way to handle.

I am hoping to have the same kind of productive week, this week and hope to get as much or more done… right now, I believe that I am about 2/3rds of the way through the game's many, many renders… with a looming huge rendering fest that I will need to do for the numerous animations that I have planned for all of you… depending on your choices will depend on the animations, as well as, what outfits are worn during those animations, so we are looking at a pretty good chunk of renders that still need to be accomplished…

…but… I’ve made GREAT gains this past week and feeling so much better without pain as a distraction.

You all can look forward to plenty of “Mind Control”, “Corruption”, “Public Humiliation” and “SEX” with the next installment… some blah, blah, blah and drama in the beginning, as you learn about what has been going on behind the scenes while you played as the Antichrist in “Wicked Choices: Book One” and are introduced to your BIGGEST adversary, as well as, lots of choices in the second half of the game!!

I do need to say, however, that Sierra3 is likely going to have his hands full with editing, as I noticed that me writing while on Pain Killers… not such a good idea! LOL Some of my writing went off on a tangent trying to convey thoughts and hidden meanings that even I don’t understand what I was attempting to get at… so cleaned some of those up, but still some other things that will need to be addressed and corrected.

And, Epadder has been working his tail off to provide a little something-something for all of you in an upcoming release which I think you will all find enjoyable, so he’s been grinding away on that for all of you while waiting for me to put him to work on “Chapter Two”.

All-in-all, we’ve made HUGE progress and hope to do so this week as well!!!

Hope that you all have a great week and will talk to you soon!! Thank you for your continued patience and support, we appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Jack

Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
Mugg , Haast As Jack mentioned, I was/am trying to add that little bit of flavor like he did with Namiko and Karma. I have 'slowly' been trying to learn some Danish/Dansk (Danish and Swedish are fairly close... which is why you might have been a little rusty ;), though I have picked up a little Swedish along the way).

Thanks for noticing.

Last edited:

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I do need to say, however, that @Sierra3 is likely going to have his hands full with editing, as I noticed that me writing while on Pain Killers… not such a good idea! LOL Some of my writing went off on a tangent trying to convey thoughts and hidden meanings that even I don’t understand what I was attempting to get at… so cleaned some of those up, but still some other things that will need to be addressed and corrected.
Maybe you could have added a blooper reel at the end in the credits, with the pain medication text :ROFLMAO:

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
yeah, its just the key codes, pain in the ass to get the right ones, and as I said its also been about 14 years, and yeah, the missing character probably would change its meaning alot.

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
..pain in the ass to get the right key codes..
Yeah, it's pretty annoying if you don't have one of the Scandinavian keyboards installed and arent on a phone or something. Iäm still fairly early on in learning, so I don't know what the difference is but I'm sure you're right that there would be one between ma and mår!

Reactions: Haast and DA22

DA22

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 10, 2018
This is a stupid question, but is this considered Book 2?
No this is a side story in which another important faction and characters will be introduced and set up for book 2, besides giving us a chance to get our pound of flesh from an annoying obnoxious and not very well loved character of book I. You could call it book 1,5 though :p

Guess the difference is that the wicked choices books will revolve more around the Anti-Christ and this part of the story will revolve more around important allies and enemies the Antichrist will face.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Chapter_two_update.png

Update on Chapter Two – July 13, 2019

Going to keep this short… one, so you can relax and enjoy your weekend playing games and, two, so that I can get back to work here and try to get Chapter Two done!!!

Currently, at last count, I am up to having 568 renders done counting both story and dialogue side-image sprites for the new characters that you will be introduced to, as well as, currently over 10,000 words… so this is what the Twine File currently looks like…

chapter_two_twine02.png

First thing you will notice is that the first part of the story has a LOT of linear story to start… this is because something BIG is taking place that will eventually GREATLY affect the Antichrist (you) and someone that you WILL have DEAL WITH and face off against when we return to “Wicked Choices: Book Two”… as well as, have to deal with the ramifications and the situations that they put into motion as with William/Billie or as Claire in the Main Game of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”!!

But as you see, once you get through those character introductions, you’ll have a TON of choices that you WILL have to make… and this ONLY the FIRST PART of them… there is much MORE that I have to add to the Twine File as I complete the renders for the scenes… so, if it looks like a twisting, turning lump of spaghetti now…. Wait until it is finished!!!
What choices are you going to make? Who will those choices affect? What kind of character development is going to play out, based on those decisions???

It is up to you… but, remember, whatever you choose will ripple through the ENTIRE story and throughout the other games!!
Time for me to get back to work!!

Have a good weekend and we’ll talk again soon!
~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
manyfaces01.png

UPDATE: The Many Face of Ráðgríðr – July 21, 2019

OK, I might’ve made a mistake…

In my desire to make “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” better and with more content as people requested, I might’ve added TOO much to it!!

As you can see in the above image, there is FOUR different outfits for the character of Ráðgríðr, depending on how much YOU (the player) wishes to successfully cajole and manipulate the young Valkyrie… each success YOU manage to perform, changes the level of her corruption, which is reflected in the outfit she chooses and the way she reacts to YOU… which also determine “how far” YOU can go sexually with her as well.

Great, RIGHT?

Yeah, but not so great for me… as this is a LOT of rendering and animation tweaking!!

Each animation that I do with her and YOU (doing… you know WHAT) requires me to do it for EACH outfit she is wearing!! If she is still in her Valkyrie outfit, you don’t get as much ONE ON ONE time with her, unless YOU are VERY devious or a really, really BAD person. *cough, cough*

The GOOD NEWS is you are going to get to do all of this to Ráðgríðr in AUGUST!! The BAD NEWS is it won’t exactly be on the 1st of the month… might be Week Two of August, but you will get to have your fun with her!!

It has also made it VERY apparent to me that I am DEFINITELY going to shift over to using CHARACTER SPRITES and pre-rendered backgrounds for CHARACTER CONVERSATIONS and DIALOGUE, and only do the renders as I’ve been doing them up to now in ACTION SCENES and SEX ANIMATIONS in the MAIN GAME of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”… re-rendering an ENTIRE SCENE over and over again because of a simple outfit change is TOO time consuming and SLOWS down the whole creative process and I want to get back to trying to have monthly releases for all of you (like we had with “Wicked Choices: Book One”)!!!

The main thing is this: I need to speed up the process of content creation to tell the STORY, without forcing all of you to wait multiple months for a release, as well as, be smarter in my storytelling to not make that chapter’s content SO BIG as that it ALSO takes multiple months for a release…

…so, I think that by using Character Sprites and Pre-Rendered Backgrounds that can be reused for dialogue/conversations, will speed up the creative process, give me plenty of time to focus on storytelling and animation each month and still provide a substantial release to all of you that focuses on storytelling and great animation and sexual adventures!

Sadly, hindsight is twenty-twenty and it is TOO LATE to shift to that kind of format for the PROLOGUE series that we are doing, but you can plan for it for in the MAIN GAME of “Adventures of a Changed Boy”.

Anyhow, I wanted to let all of you know where things stood right now… and to let you know that I’ve been working things out in my head while working on this chapter release to speed things up for all of you and the releases.

I best get back to work, I have a release to finish for all of you and hope that you have a great weekend and we’ll talk real soon!!

~Jack

DA22

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 10, 2018
GL with that Jack and yeah if you are intending to give us that many paths or various variations of a scene you better find some way to automate them :p

Reactions: Wyrme and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
GL with that Jack and yeah if you are intending to give us that many paths or various variations of a scene you better find some way to automate them :p
Yeah, tell me about it, which I think using Character Sprite like these...

claire - angry - dressed 1.png claire - confident - dressed 1.png claire - default - dressed 1.png claire - worry - dressed 1.png
...for dialogue and conversations will speed things up in the creative process of the storytelling and I actually have an idea to make things much faster for doing the animations, but before I can do that, I need to spend about 6-10k... but would speed things up tremendously for everyone and myself.

3.60 star(s) 5 Votes