"Use" or "Don't Use" Side-Images with Dialogue Sprite Conversations

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
One question @ASLPro3D : i try to connet to your Discord server , because i like to have some more news about your game , but it arrived the message when i tried the link , that the invite is invalid...

Maybe only your Triers can directly connect to your channel ?
Probably exceeded the relatively limited amount of uses on the old one... (they only allow 100 uses at a time with the darn link) so here is a new and updated the frontpage with it as well... thanks for the heads up!

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Hey jack(and company). Sorry it took so long to actually get to play, but real life etc.. I remember Namiko was created by a patreon, damn good job betwixt you two. The tease with Larsen(one eye? Odin, mayhap?) and a Valk was nice. Thou does much like to hold us in upon the ledge(edging?) Just thought I should let my fave Dev know that I (finally) got to play and enjoyed (DUH!) the lastest in the Syrinaverse(OK, the Wicked Choice world, but...). As they said when we be child'n "Keep on truckin'!"

Oh! Typo alert, when Namiko was in the bathe with her love(Yukio?) a scene started with "Spurned on..." I believe ya meant "Spurred on..." unless my medival brain is devolving again.

My best to you, Missus, and the rest.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Oh! Typo alert, when Namiko was in the bathe with her love(Yukio?) a scene started with "Spurned on..." I believe ya meant "Spurred on..." unless my medival brain is devolving again.

My best to you, Missus, and the rest.
Thanks for the head's up on that @Wyrme I will let @Epadder know and get that corrected!
Also thanks for the well wishes!! ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
handzoffate.png

The Hands of Fate… - May 21, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

First, I want to say sorry for not having our usual weekly update here last week… the ‘real job’ has been keeping me really busy over here as the E3 rapidly approaches and it has been ‘crunch time’ for the companies that I do work with, as they prepare for that convention.

However, that isn’t to say that I’ve been so busy that we’ve not been working on our own game… on the contrary, I’ve also been HARD AT WORK here working on getting “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Changed Boy” done for all of you, while Epadder, Sierra3 and even our friend and fellow patron, Cùran, has been working on some additional tweaks and goodies for all of you!!

Karma ISN’T finished pulling together the individuals that she thinks she will need to combat against the potential danger that the Antichrist poses to the ‘Tapestry of Time’ and in “Chapter Two” you will meet the unlikeliest ‘hero’ she wants in her arsenal…

…although, as Newton predicted in his third law… ‘For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction’ and, in “Chapter Two”, you will also be introduced to one of the BIGGEST forces that will not only threatens the precious balance that Karma is trying to protect… but, also, the ONE THING that could cause the Antichrist to go NUCLEAR!!

Fans of “Wicked Choices: Book One” will finally be introduced to the leading human Antagonist of that series, as they plot to take EVERYTHING from the Antichrist… including his family!!

So, stay tuned and thanks for wonderful reception to our new game and hope all of you have a wonderful week!!

Talk soon,
~Jack

Last edited:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
corruption.png

AoaCB “Chapter Two’s” Theme: CORRUPTION – May 29, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

As the title implies, “Chapter Two” to the prologue of “Adventures of a Changed Boy” will primarily center around the subject of CORRUPTION and, combined with the new features for the game that will be coming out in June’s “Tech Release”, it will give you the very first opportunity to test out the new system that we have in place for it.

In “Chapter Two” you’ll assume control of Larsen and, doing so, you will not only get to test the system out, but you will be able to witness firsthand, in real time, the results of your efforts!!!

As Larsen, can you cleverly manipulate one of Karma’s most trusted Valkyrie (Raogrior) into being under your control? How far can you take her corruption and can you possibly be good or evil enough to turn her into being your ally or your personal meat-puppet? Just how far down the rabbit hole can you get her to go?

The choice will be up to YOUAND… you will be able to monitor it all and see the results of your efforts while you do so!!!

So… stay tuned, keep your eyes here and we will be releasing the “Tech Release” with all of the core programming that will let you track your progress, see relationship levels, unlock history and interesting facts that will work with the already released “Chapter One” and get you ready for the exciting release of “Chapter Two”!!

Talk soon!
~Jack

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Much thanks Jack for this path we tread! We all wait with baited(Shh, abated. I have to keep ignorant redneck facade up.) breathe. In honor of the fun we had with WC(Bk.I), I had suggested a few 'theme' songs for AoaCB. "Changes, D. Bowie.; Change(in the house flies), Deftones; and I believe 46 and 2, Tool." were my original suggestions. Running through my playlist, and hearing what nearly everyone wants to/will do to our 'dear' William. I have another (maybe) more appropriate song in mind for his future:

NIN, This is part of a great 'experimental' movie for the Broken disk, should ya be curious.

Reactions: ASLPro3D and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
screenshot0107.png

June’s “Adventures of a Changed Boy: Tech Release” now shipping!! – June 1st
(edited to include F95 in the Release Schedule)​

While I’ve been struggling trying to get the writing, rendering and animation to “Chapter Two” of the prologue to “Adventures of a Change Boy” finished for all of you, Epadder along with Sierra3 and help from Cùran and Freki, have been busy this past month working on putting together a special “Tech Release” that will help many of you out as the story progresses…

Features Added for June’s “Tech Release” :

Character profiles
  • Main Menu only has access to Profile and Biography information.
  • After a save is loaded all characters gain a 'Relationship' tab, this tab gives you an idea of how characters feel about each other. Characters may feel differently about each other depending upon your choices.
  • Characters the player is in-control of also gain a special section on their profile: "Their story so far", which is a more detailed summary of the story based upon your choices
  • Saves can now be named.
  • (PC/Mac) Replaced Quick-menu with icons, when you mouseover them a tooltip will appear and clarify what each icon stands for.
Bugs squished
  • Flag for honesty in the bath, has been fixed. (Some paths may prompt a choice to be given upon loading an old save/finishing the chapter.)
In the meantime, I will continue to work on and try to finish up “Chapter Two” of AoaCB’s prologue for all of you, I want to have it out for all of you in the beginning of July… it might be a titch past the first of July, because I’ve been dealing with some real life issues right now, but it WILL BE BIGGER than “Chapter One” was with more results for your choices and actions… as well as, take advantage of the “Corruption” abilities, flags and future roles!

June’s Release Schedule:
  • $50 Patrons – Today, June 1st (in Patreon Messages)
  • $30 Patrons – Monday, June 3rd (in Patreon Messages)
  • $20 Patrons – Monday, June 10th (in Patreon Messages)
  • $10 Patrons – Monday, June 17th (in Patreon Messages & on F95)
  • $5 Patrons – Monday, June 24th (in Patreon Messages)
  • $1 Patrons – Friday, June 28th (in Patreon Post/OP)
So please keep an eye out in your messages for the links to be sent to you, I’ll talk to you soon and hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
th0MP20F81.jpg

AoaCB’s Prologue “Chapter Two” Update – June 7, 2019
(As posted on Patreon and Edited to include F95 in release schedule)

As I write this, those that are $20 Patrons (on Patreon) should now have June’s “Tech Release” of Adventures of a Changed Boy in your messages.

Because of some situations that have been occurring here at home (which I will explain shortly), I had to kind of move up the time table to sending everything out and will be sending out June’s “Tech Release” to the $10 Patrons (and here on F95 as well) on Monday.

As for what has been going on, here at home…

On Saturday, May 25th, I began to urinate blood and began to experience pain and nausea… which was a sure sign that the 5mm Kidney Stone that we all knew I had (or those that have been with me since last October and followed my posts in the "Wicked Choices: Book One" thread knew) had likely dropped.

Sure enough, after a fair amount of waiting in the Emergency Room, at our local hospital, the ER doctor informed my wife and I that the stone had had progressed from the renal pelvis and shifted to the right ureteropelvic junction… and that it was no longer 5mm but 9MM!!!!

In short, there was NO WAY that I would be able to pass this stone naturally, they would need to perform surgery to get it out of me.

After consulting with the doctor and my wife, I decided it would be best if I had my own Urological doctor perform the necessary surgery, as he’d already been all up in my sh*t previously and I trust him over a doctor I don’t know.
Unfortunately, that meant waiting to call him after Memorial Day weekend, before I could get in to see him… which, in reality, actually meant having to wait till June 3rd to see him, as he was out of the office till then…
So, Monday I go in to see him and on Tuesday underwent surgery to have the stone removed… which, sadly, it couldn’t be reached.

Apparently, after spending a good week urinating blood and being on heavy pain killers, my right ureter became inflamed to the point where they were unable to get the laser through the ureter and to the kidney to remove the stone.
So… the doctor put a nice sized stent in, backed out and is rescheduling the surgery for next week to give some time for the anti-inflammatory drugs and stent to do their jobs and will go back in on Wednesday, June 12th at 4pm Eastern Time to have the 9mm stone (as well as, the 3mm and 1mm stone I also have in that kidney) removed.

Needless to say, due to the fact that I have just spent the past two weeks pretty much doped to the gills to deal with the pain this stone is causing me, as well as, the time that I am going to need after the surgery, I am a little behind in my work on “Chapter Two”, but I HAVE BEEN WORKING, just not as much as I would’ve liked.

So, expect July’s “Chapter Two” release to be a little bit postponed, but it will be out and I will make it worth the extra wait… including some interesting news about some things we have planned for all of you, that I will share with you once we get a little closer to it!

Anyhow, that is the current update for this week and apologize in advance for the tardiness on July’s release… also, either I or the Wife will let you know next Thursday/Friday how the surgery went (over here and on Patreon) and give you any further updates then.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I'm going to go and take my next round of meds, try and get some work done before they kick in and then get some rest… please, please, accept my early apologies and I hope that you all have a great weekend (or at least a better one than mine will be)!

~Jack

DA22

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 10, 2018

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I'm going to go and take my next round of meds, try and get some work done before they kick in and then get some rest… please, please, accept my early apologies and I hope that you all have a great weekend (or at least a better one than mine will be)!

~Jack
Will do on the better weekend as you for sure I suspect. :ROFLMAO: Good luck and strength for the operation and hope it will be successful and recovery as swift as can be hoped for, my thoughts are with you and the wife.

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
Jack, Just get better. I will not re-iterate the many statements of those of us from said times. I will, however, repeat 'Listen to the missus, and the doc you trust.' And good riddance to those pesky stones!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Will do on the better weekend as you for sure I suspect. :ROFLMAO: Good luck and strength for the operation and hope it will be successful and recovery as swift as can be hoped for, my thoughts are with you and the wife.
I am counting down the days... again... counted down the days to getting to see the doctor last Monday, then counted down the time for the emergency surgery that happened last Tuesday... now counting down the time to do it all again, but this time be DONE with it!!

But, you know me, a day or so after, I will be back up and working. I am a stubborn old goat that way! :LOL: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Jack, Just get better. I will not re-iterate the many statements of those of us from said times. I will, however, repeat 'Listen to the missus, and the doc you trust.' And good riddance to those pesky stones!
Yeah, you know the wife is freaking out when she logs onto Discord finally (only been doing games for almost two years now) to make sure to let people know how things are going if she needs to... so if you see "TheWife" online over there, be sure to say HELLO to her! ;) Send 80's "Big Hair" music and she'll love you to death! :giggle:

But yeah, she's giving me some lead on the leash, but she's keeping me in line too! :ROFLMAO::LOL:

I think ive had about a 4mm, and that was bad enough, 9mm, id be asking for the lethal injection, Stay strong man, We will all be wishing you the best.
Yeah, we were very, VERY shocked to find out that it had grown to such a size... not sure why we didn't think that it could continue to grow in size, but we were very surprised when we were told that it had. When they originally told me it was 5mm in size, back in August/October, I had to look up how big that would be...

But 9mm... I own a Glock and know how big a 9mm slug is and the first thing I did was think about a certain opening on my body and told the doctor... "There's NO WAY that it is coming out of THAT!!"

So yeah, surgery or lethal injection was the only option... wife would kill me if I chose the latter, so surgery it is! :ROFLMAO:

But, I sure as F*CK hope that you and no one else reading this EVER has to live through one this big!! The word "pain" doesn't even come close to the description of what you experience, and though the drugs are NICE... can't do much while zombiefied!! :(

LexArma

Jun 2, 2019
Okay - Total noobie here, been slowly getting familiar with the "scene" quite recently, but have to say I really appreciated the effort and thought that clearly went in to realizing Book 1 - and am definitely looking forward to seeing more updates from you! Thank you! ( If only I had a little money, would be funny, and I'd gladly invest some of it to support the development... )

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay - Total noobie here, been slowly getting familiar with the "scene" quite recently, but have to say I really appreciated the effort and thought that clearly went in to realizing Book 1 - and am definitely looking forward to seeing more updates from you! Thank you! ( If only I had a little money, would be funny, and I'd gladly invest some of it to support the development... )
Welcome to the fold, LexArma!!!

Don't worry, we understand that not everyone has the ability to provide money to support us, but there are other ways that you CAN support us!! Be sure to tell your friends, people you know and talk to that might be interested, about our game... ;) More people who know and follow us, the bigger we'll get and the more stuff we can release to everyone! :D

Thanks for the kind words and, again, welcome to the fold!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Okay, everyone, the OP has been updated for all of you to download June's v0.1.5 'Tech Release'... it doesn't add any story content, but what it does add (beside bug fixes) can be found in the 'Change log' on the front page.

Sorry, I am not doing a really big post about it, kind of really doped up and getting ready for my surgery tomorrow (at 4pm Eastern time) and still got to ship it out to the $10 Patrons on Patreon... but, yeah, can't wait to have this surgery... need to get back to work, get lots done and it'll be nice to not have to sit down to piss (the pain is enough to buckle your knees if you try to do so standing up)...

Talk soon and thank you for all of the words of support, well wishes and see you soon!

~Jack

Reactions: Wyrme and DA22

DA22

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 10, 2018
Good luck tomorrow and at least take the time to recover from the narcosis before you start working again. One other advantage of peeing as you sit is, you do not need to worry about missing the target.:ROFLMAO:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Good luck tomorrow and at least take the time to recover from the narcosis before you start working again. One other advantage of peeing as you sit is, you do not need to worry about missing the target.:ROFLMAO:
I will try not to 'rush' the healing too much... and, yeah, I am sure the wife appreciates that she doesn't have to lower the seat down before she has to go to the bathroom too!! :rolleyes: :LOL:

Reactions: Wyrme
3.60 star(s) 5 Votes