TeflonNinja

Aug 19, 2016
I am so confused with using cheat engine. I didn't understand a single thing
The easiest and most fuss-free cheating method (though it does require a lot more in-game clicking) is to change the deadlines for the wives. You can also edit their trait values directly, though it's generally much more of a pain in the ass because you have to guess the current values and it involves a bit of back and forth trying to pin down if a particular interaction increases a trait by 5 or 10.

1) Have CheatEngine and the game running.
2) Click on the computer thing under "File" (Select a process to open)
3) Select the RAGs process.
4) Enter the value in question in the Value box:
4a) For RAGS, change Value Type to "Double" in the drop down menu under the Value field.
5) Hit "First Scan". You usually get a whole bunch of addresses popping up.
5a) Do something in-game that changes the value you're looking for. e.g. if you scanned for current Desire score, hypnotize someone to increase desire. After that, enter the new value and hit "Next Scan" to narrow down the addresses that changed as a result of your action and edit the addresses accordingly.
5b) Alternatively, you can use educated guesswork. For the "Double" setting, you can just look through the addresses for integers i.e. no decimal points and try editing the value directly. You can now check if it changes anything in-game. If it doesn't change anything in-game, it's generally best to restore the original value in case it crashes the game.
5c) Instead of editing the values, you can also add the address to the lower address area and check the box to freeze it. I prefer not to do this because there are some programs e.g. Ren'Py that shit themselves with this approach and it's generally easier to just edit the value in question to be arbitrarily high in the first place.

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
exactly where can I find 0.2e ? OP only has 0.2d

also, last time I tried, I couldn't open the 0.2d game with rags 2.4.16, but only with the new rags version 3, is that due to not having .net 2 or...?

TeflonNinja

Aug 19, 2016
exactly where can I find 0.2e ? OP only has 0.2d

also, last time I tried, I couldn't open the 0.2d game with rags 2.4.16, but only with the new rags version 3, is that due to not having .net 2 or...?
It's not a direct link because of the creator's wishes. You'll survive an extra click. :p

Reactions: LeSmudge

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Did it work for you dav121? I don't use cheat engine but someone else said you just need to switch it to "double" for it to find the week value. The batch file above will work with any rags game though.
Haven't tried it yet.
Will report back with my success or failure!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
0.2g has just been released. Refer to Hypnopics Collective link to get it. It's worth it. It's mostly fixed AND has some minor content added.

Reactions: Mukallif

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Id like to do the .bat file cheat with Rags 3.0 games, is it the same as with the older versions?
Yes. Make sure the address in the .bat file points to the rags 3.0.XX exe.
I can't stress enough how important it is that the address is correct.
And I have 2 debug.bat files in the folder I keep my rags games in.. One's ragsdebug.bat for the 2.4.16 versions and the other's RAGS3059Debug.bat for the 3.0.59 versions.

maldenquik

Sep 17, 2016
And I have 2 debug.bat files in the folder I keep my rags games in.. One's ragsdebug.bat for the 2.4.16 versions and the other's RAGS3059Debug.bat for the 3.0.59 versions.
Cool. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2738

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to open this?
I have RAGS but I'm not even sure if it's the right program.
Google just takes me to malware/spyware sites, I'm left with a useless .rag file.

Here's what happens when I try to open it:
ragshit.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Bacrown

Sep 15, 2016
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to open this?
I have RAGS but I'm not even sure if it's the right program.
Google just takes me to malware/spyware sites, I'm left with a useless .rag file.

Here's what happens when I try to open it:
View attachment 1704
You need to download version 2.4.16 to play this game. DL link is .
EDIT: Not sure if this is also a contributing factor, but make sure any .rag file you download for this game comes from the hypnopics-collective forum.

Last edited:

Litvan

Aug 6, 2016
I tried making a bat for the version 3 rags, but I keep gettin an error when trying to use it, despite having the path correct n all -.-

RavensFan62

Aug 11, 2016
EDIT: Not sure if this is also a contributing factor, but make sure any .rag file you download for this game comes from the hypnopics-collective forum.
I was having the same problem. Thanks Bacrown!

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for help Bacrown!
Yeah I'd suggest downloading from this thread or the hypnopics collective. It's not modified or changed in any way. Many of the RAGS games floating around have been downloaded and uploaded, run and modified.. So it's a crap shoot if you download it. I've also sourced good rags from a google onedrive collection and a Mega collection. If I come across those and they are tested, I'll post a link. If you find it yourselves, feel free to post it too.

D

Deleted member 2738

Tyvm kind sir

4.40 star(s) 66 Votes