ihatefleas

Dec 18, 2018
I wish they'd finally fix the lighting or at least give players complete control over the lighting conditions. Also cinematic cam reverting to the default brightness/saturation levels is very annoying and I don't think it would be hard to fix.

Reactions: Slayer128

nonospot

May 15, 2020
At least this build is working on linux with wine 5.22 staging and 6.0 (+esync +dxvk) I had weird hard crash until now, with even no log as system was locked : didn't have this kinda crash since at least 10 years back.

vncd

Dec 31, 2019
It is possible with the latest version of steam proton, in fact it's thanks to dxvk software that is included in proton. You can run it through steam client or through console.
Have you done it?

How did it go? is performance the same as windows or you took a noticeable hit?

Arufuredo

Aug 9, 2020
great potential but playability is not good, to play well at a game like this you should own a very very good computer, too heavy to load and still has many bugs, I ended up three times from the mainland inside the water without moving, after which I gave up

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
Wildlife already got more money than Subverse. Yet, they only have sex scenes and no gameplay, waifu bonding, etc.

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Wildlife already got more money than Subverse. Yet, they only have sex scenes and no gameplay, waifu bonding, etc.
Subverse has what, like 5 sex scenes? Wild life has around 800. Subverse has 5-10 characters or so? Wild Life already has over 30 and plans for about 100. Subverse is a bit of xcom gameplay mixed with some turn based top-down strategy elements and entirely detached sex scenes. Wild Life is aiming for a full fledged open world 3rd person rpg.
You are comparing two extremely different projects and teams with each other which makes no sense anyway.

And think about this: Subverse got its money with a very well produced trailer on kickstarter, the video already showed a ton of content like characters, game mechanics and plot. It seems as if they were working on the whole thing for a long time before launching the kickstarter. Now given the money they got and the time that has passed since, does the progress they made so far look like $2million?

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
What I meant is that they invested so much money on one end, and almost nothing in the other. It is not a game. It's just a free camera sex position simulator. I don't expect Subverse to have more content than Wildlife, but I expect it to be a game at least.

"full fledged open world 3rd person rpg": just use a big name to say "errand boy game"

And how could I tell what progress was made in Subverse? They have no early access. That's a flawed argument, that just shows you are just a fanboy that doesn't care about constructive criticism.
Subverse has what, like 5 sex scenes?
Source: Uranus

Reactions: AlexChiter

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
Wild Life already has over 30 and plans for about 100
WL really only has like 10 characters, the rest are just retextures. That said there is no comparing Subverse as they are completely different games, one is a full 3d open world game (really just a tech demo but whatever) and Subverse is some sort of hybrid tactical rpg with sex animations.

BiggieSmalls

Feb 18, 2018
Literally spent the last 2 hours reading patreon T&C's and legal shit trying really hard to support legally only to have them disable my account less than 10 seconds after making it. I don't know why and I've yet to receive a rhyme or reason why to the support email I submitted. I don't like to steal, how the fuck am I supposed to support legally if the platform you are on gives me the middle finger?!

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
constructive criticism
Sorry but comparing these entirely different projects and making assumptions based on that isnt constructive criticism.

WL really only has like 10 characters, the rest are just retextures.
This argument is being brought sadly often and its very incorrect. Show me one game where every character is an entirely unique new model with different proportions and shapes and textures and nothing is reused.
Wild Lifes characters arent just retextures but many share the same skeletal structure which is a faril common procedure in game development to save on resources.

Also, if you are still wondering if this game will stay a just a scene viewer, look at this:
Skip the first 44:30minutes that just looks like stream warmup. They talk about the game lore and the featuers planned and answer all sorts of questions that you may also have had.

• Angry
Reactions: joethebeast

marmaduke

Dec 23, 2017
Arthur Curry
They went over this
And then answered a lot of random questions about it, also story, gameplay, personal stuff, production, game releases, patreon, and so on.

Dark_Templar

Aug 16, 2017
This argument is being brought sadly often and its very incorrect. Show me one game where every character is an entirely unique new model with different proportions and shapes and textures and nothing is reused.
Just because a lot of games do this doesn't make it incorrect, they have about 10 different character models meaning entirely different meshes for the humans and kerpali's, the rest are just different textures applied over that same mesh and that is the reason why a lot of them share the same animations.

3.80 star(s) 179 Votes