Will I be in legal trouble for downloading these games using the links?

Neckbeardlover123

Sep 15, 2022
So I'm moving to the US soon and was wondering if I will get strikes for pirating these games. I've had problems before when i visited the US from downloading games through fitgirl repacks and there were warning letters sent to the household. Just curious if the same thing is going to happen with these games since I've always lived in a third world country.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
You shouldn't have an issue.

One possible exception, you're a person of immense influence, you're sitting in your office one day, 2 guys wearing black suits come in. One opens a laptop and goes "recognize this" it's your download history, they've got you by the balls unless you don't care that people know you've downloaded a game where a guy fucks his entire family.

Neckbeardlover123

Sep 15, 2022
You shouldn't have an issue.

One possible exception, you're a person of immense influence, you're sitting in your office one day, 2 guys wearing black suits come in. One opens a laptop and goes "recognize this" it's your download history, they've got you by the balls unless you don't care that people know you've downloaded a game where a guy fucks his entire family.
More worried about the piracy problems like I had before. I think the ISP sent some letter cause I pirated games from other websites, just wondering if the same happens with games from here. I'm prob better off buying a vpn then.

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
More worried about the piracy problems like I had before. I think the ISP sent some letter cause I pirated games from other websites, just wondering if the same happens with games from here. I'm prob better off buying a vpn then.
Did you use torrent? It's not very safe to use it without a VPN (unless you block uploads and beeing leecher).
The download is often not the problem (too many do it), but the upload, because providing pirated content is prosecuted much harder.

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
For the most part. You'll probably be fine. ISP don't really care about you pirating unless someone complains to them. You're more likely to get a cease and desist instead of being served.

Also distributors tend to be the main targets there are to many pirates, so instead law enforcement are more likely to go after distributors.

Keep in mind anything can happen. Just be security conscious and you should be fine

gunderson

Aug 17, 2016
If you're worried, find a decent VPN. If you choose well and actually use it at the appropriate times, that should cover you for torrents and most concerns you might have about your browsing habits. Sure, if the feds are watching you specifically for some other reason you're fucked anyway, but that's not a common problem.

Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
If you are going to keep downloading repacks from fitgirl or others then chances are you are already planning on getting a VPN. Just use it when you download anything here.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So I'm moving to the US soon and was wondering if I will get strikes for pirating these games. I've had problems before when i visited the US from downloading games through fitgirl repacks and there were warning letters sent to the household. Just curious if the same thing is going to happen with these games since I've always lived in a third world country.
First: It depends. It depends upon the actual content you are downloading and your actions involving said content. If you are moving to the same area where you were the time you got warning letters - I would recommend reconsidering your behavior and actions. If you are moving to a different area but with the same ISP, same answer.

Finally, if you are worried honestly worried about any legality - you should consult with an attorney in the area you are moving to in the US. None of us here are attorneys, and those who may actually be attorneys won't give you any advice on here except to consult with an attorney.