HTML Abandoned Will of The Vampire [v0.2 Build 0082] [rudeboyuk]

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Did you check the developer console when testing the game? There still seem to been an error left
Code:
Error: <<back>>: cannot find passage     <<back "Close">>
There is also another one about not able to fetch
Source Map URL: es6-shim.map

Those errors could be causing unexpected bugs.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Is that (cannot find passage) on starting the game? I have to force through the Change Log in silent mode to calulate the version number and at that point there is no 'back' passage so it throws that error, so at that point one is expected.

As for es6-shim.map I have absolutly no idea what that is! A quick google suggests it's something to do with Javascript and Twine runs using that but I'm not sure what it could be refering to. Maybe an error in the engine rather than my code? I'll keep looking.

Last edited:

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
The es6-shim.map thing is a something jquery trying to load. You might have setup jquery wrong in twine. But that might be ignored if you don't heavily rely on jquery.

A new bug from the new version. The skip time function on the map screen doesn't work.
When you click on it it does skip time, but when you close the map screen the time goes back to what it was before.
It only works when you go to a different room. It might have to do with the rewind function of twine.

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Did you check the developer console when testing the game? There still seem to been an error left
Code:
Error: <<back>>: cannot find passage     <<back "Close">>
There is also another one about not able to fetch
Source Map URL: es6-shim.map

Those errors could be causing unexpected bugs.
A new bug from the new version. The skip time function on the map screen doesn't work.
When you click on it it does skip time, but when you close the map screen the time goes back to what it was before.
It only works when you go to a different room. It might have to do with the rewind function of twine.
Yeah, I noticed that. I need to replace the stadard close funtion with one that returns you to the room you were in with the time advanced.
On the plus side if you are waiting for someone to be in a certain place you can use it to game the system, see if they go there and if not close the map and try again.. swings and roundabouts ;)

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Yeah, I noticed that. I need to replace the stadard close funtion with one that returns you to the room you were in with the time advanced.
On the plus side if you are waiting for someone to be in a certain place you can use it to game the system, see if they go there and if not close the map and try again.. swings and roundabouts ;)
Well that error might have broke the game again.
I'm on the mission "Perhaps a night out with your sister?" I skipped time until the early evening, go down to the foyer. And nothing happened. The foyer links are also gone. So you can't progress anymore.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Well that error might have broke the game again.
I'm on the mission "Perhaps a night out with your sister?" I skipped time until the early evening, go down to the foyer. And nothing happened. The foyer links are also gone. So you can't progress anymore.
OK, just looked over the code and I can see a way that could occur, it shouldn't be a problem but there is a way it could hide the exits without triggering the sister mission. I'll get a fix done.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
20 readings of book = 1 level of a skill? seriously russian gamer level of grind.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
20 readings of book = 1 level of a skill? seriously russian gamer level of grind.
You gain more than 1 point in study with each read, and that can be boosted via concentration. (Minimum of 4 points, upgradable to 8 at present)
Plus if you spent a full day reading you could read 4 times, so the first level can be gained in a day and a half.. Each level after that takes longer of course.

Reactions: elmandor

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
It happened again. Empty todo list after yoga.

Try this save file.
Was about to go to sleep when the solution hit me! I think what is happening is that after the training with uncle there is a link with a title like : Leave. However if you jumped into the map at that point it would bypass the new todo entry, the one talking about visiting the bar to get to an enthralment. This is the problem with me designing the game as an explorer and then having to change it as no one liked that method.
I'll have a look tomorrow is I can move that code to a place it can't be avoided. In the meantime, it won't break the game in any way, the todo is more guidelines than actual rules ;)
Cheers for letting me know, will be sure to stump others too so good to get it fixed.

CrushCrush

Mar 28, 2019
Hmm, that is the end of a quest line, so at some point you should also have had one about training with uncle again, after which the quest "Continue visting the bar and reach your first Enthralment" should have been added. Do you recall anything about that, have you enthralled a girl yet?
I enthralled by myself, but that quest didn't pop up, it just happened, then i started training with uncle again just by myself, but there really didn't happen anything, i have enthralled and used their will on maximum level twice now. but still no quests.

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
Was about to go to sleep when the solution hit me! I think what is happening is that after the training with uncle there is a link with a title like : Leave. However if you jumped into the map at that point it would bypass the new todo entry, the one talking about visiting the bar to get to an enthralment. This is the problem with me designing the game as an explorer and then having to change it as no one liked that method.
I'll have a look tomorrow is I can move that code to a place it can't be avoided. In the meantime, it won't break the game in any way, the todo is more guidelines than actual rules ;)
Cheers for letting me know, will be sure to stump others too so good to get it fixed.
What you could do is disable the map link in the middle of a sequence and then reenable it when you are done.
And here is another bug:
"Have breakfast with your sister in the morning "
When you go into the kitchen and then leave without talking to your sister, you will never be able to have breakfast with her again. if you missed breakfast with your sister, and then you go train with your uncle, you get the quest "Time for more reading with Grandfather. " which you will never be able to complete, even when you have did the reading with your grandfather.

Edit: Just finished enthralling my first girl. what kind of a cock blocking vampire are you? You can do what ever you want with your thralls, but you just can't touch them? All those grinding and you can't even touch? I'm out. :cautious:

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
What you could do is disable the map link in the middle of a sequence and then reenable it when you are done.
And here is another bug:
"Have breakfast with your sister in the morning "
When you go into the kitchen and then leave without talking to your sister, you will never be able to have breakfast with her again. if you missed breakfast with your sister, and then you go train with your uncle, you get the quest "Time for more reading with Grandfather. " which you will never be able to complete, even when you have did the reading with your grandfather.
Yeah that's probably the way I'm going to go with it, certainly for the areas that already exist. Moving forward I will have it in mind so future areas should be better.

Edit: Just finished enthralling my first girl. what kind of a cock blocking vampire are you? You can do what ever you want with your thralls, but you just can't touch them? All those grinding and you can't even touch? I'm out. :cautious:
The humans are unimportant, they are merely there for feeding and making money. The sexual content comes with other vampires. I knew that would be an issue for some, but it's the best fit for the photosets I am using, I use those with multiple sets for the vamps so they can be in various situations, the single sets become humans who only have the one situation they are in (either feeding or working) Sorry that's not your style of thing. It's why I list 'Slow Burn' as one of the key aspects.

EDIT:Hmm, it seem that particular information didn't make it across to the first post. I've added a special note on my post just below to inform others of this game style, hopefully that will prevent others from getting burned in the same way. Again sorry that's not your thing, it's a preference of mine to have a very slow build up to the actual sex, but permeate the gameworld with sexual situations.

EDIT2: Thanks for the feedback though, you helped me pick up on a great many issues that will certainly help the game improve. So thank you for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: elmandor

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I enthralled by myself, but that quest didn't pop up, it just happened, then i started training with uncle again just by myself, but there really didn't happen anything, i have enthralled and used their will on maximum level twice now. but still no quests.
Huh, that's odd as even if the todo of enthralling wasn't there, if you did enthral the next quest about talking to your sister about mesmerism should have kicked in as it doesn't need the original to be there to get added.

Do you recall your sister talking you through the enthralment process? It ended with a link entitled 'Begin the Games'
Have you practiced your Mesmerism with your sister, after asker her about books on the subject in the library?

Tentacle

Mar 12, 2017
EDIT2: Thanks for the feedback though, you helped me pick up on a great many issues that will certainly help the game improve. So thank you for that.
I was kidding, but you do need to start thinking about the grind vs the pay off. Slow burn is one thing, but you need to front load the game to attract attention, or people would get bored.
Vampire games are supposed to be dark, at least let us eat the humans. You spend all those time trying to enthrall and there is this whole mini game with your stats and trying to raise them and yet there is very little actual pay off. The pay off can be in the form of writing, the picture set doesn't have to match the text.

Here is another error when you auto go to sleep after you have came to america

Error: <<nightUpdate>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#3): unexpected token: numeric literal).

Last edited:

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
I was kidding, but you do need to start thinking about the grind vs the pay off. Slow burn is one thing, but you need to front load the game to attract attention, or people would get bored.
Ah K! Wouldn't be the first time such a thing had happened. ;) I've actually been working on fleshing out a few bits here and there today. Added some extra scenes for the sister, and working on another but need to find the right pics for it. And adding more chat options for the aunt, as well as bringing in the 'peeking' option from the city to the Family Home for sister and aunt. I'm not sure how much that will help but it's adding more things to do/see so hopefully that will tide people over until they can get to the US which is were the actual more interactive sexual content will be.

Vampire games are supposed to be dark, at least let us eat the humans. You spend all those time trying to enthrall and there is this whole mini game with your stats and trying to raise them and yet there is very little actual pay off. The pay off can be in the form of writing, the picture set doesn't have to match the text.
There will be darkness, but it will take on a more sinister role than direct physical darkness. That's both to do with my comfort levels and the lack of photographic content for such events. My games will always be way more vanilla than 99.9% of the games on here due to my personal tastes, and wanting to write what I know.

Here is another error when you auto go to sleep after you have came to america

Error: <<nightUpdate>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<if>>: bad conditional expression in <<elseif>> clause (#3): unexpected token: numeric literal).
I've no idea how that hasn't popped up for me, as that was just a typo in the code, not even bad logic. I guess that;s what I get for turning my focus back to the Family Home and not spending much time in the US locations. Have it patched up this end now, but shouldn't cause any major issues, assuming there is a way to carry on. Should just flush through to morning.

RudeboyUK

Game Developer
Mar 11, 2018
Time for some new bugs!

Link:

Changes:
Removed map from the options whilst in the second combat training session to avoid missing of todo list/corrupting the game progress.
Closing the map now respects any time skipping.
Fixed potential bug were jumping to after the bar tutorial would result in there being no humans.
Prevent the training sessions starting at night to avoid time progression issues.
Added peeking options for the sister and aunt in the Family Home, should help to boost exhibitionism growth.
Late night event added to the conservatory
Changed peeking code so it better increases exhibitionism, removed chance for lost progress.
Added an opening screen game guide the help players understand the sort of experience they are in for.
Additional chat options for the Aunt.
Added more detail to the responses given when peeking so the player can better see how much the npc appreciated it, or didn't!
Fixed will code during sleep due to typo.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes