Will this spec enough for every game ( VN , renpy , unity , rpgm )

nos4r3

Mar 20, 2018
Hi i'm plan to buy window 10 tablet to play solely vn game idk if this one are good enough i have microsd 400gb lying around for storage

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
Most potatoes will run any RenPy visual novel. Unity games, and unreal games, it entirely depends on the game. Some are made with performance in mind, while others splurge on memory usage like it's a free commodity. No saying whether you're gonna be able to run every unity/unreal game. This tablet uses a low tier CPU chip which won't compare to a full size chip in a desktop. I'm not familiar with Apollo Lake so maybe somebody with one can share. It doesn't specify graphics so I'm guessing integrated only. Which means it relies heavily on the CPU.

I'd say you can't run most unity or unreal games on this. Which is expected, because tablets and low end laptops are only cheap because their usage of small CPU chips and use of integrated graphics. That's kinda what sets the price points apart, and the distinction between a tablet and PC.

Reactions: Lockheart

phantasmove

Game Developer
Aug 12, 2019
RenPy games without videos and that use only the basic features of the engine should run without major problems. Most games made with GameMaker should also run smoothly.

Most RPG Maker games will not run properly due to the poor performance of the engine (regardless of the version used by the developer).

2D Unity games should run fine if they are properly optimized.

Regarding 3D games, unless they are very old or too simple, the performance will be terrible.

Last edited:

YSP=

Feb 13, 2020
The CPU is a bit too watered down, a 2 core/4 thread would be significantly better then this 2/2 core/thread and 4 gigs is low for integrated graphics.