Wings of Silicon Preview Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Imagine if there was a remake of "My sweet Neighbors"?
But not a copycat, but a completely own and innovative remake.

Own interesting plot, actual Genesis 8 Female Characters, modern Enviroments, 30 fps animations, partly a dating simulation, interactions and so much more.

Sounds too good to be true?
Then you can already look forward to it.
I have made a new game, which fulfills exactly these criteria.
Since I don't want to break the forum rules, there will be an official announcement with an own game thread in a few days.

So long I will keep you up to date.
The game will be called Wings of Silicon.
The coolest thing is that the game is based on a true story, which makes it so interesting :)

What can you expect?!

Synopsis.png

Two years ago, you came to Silicon Gorge, the world''s hippest tech city, as a Graphic Designer. You had big plans and goals, but all those lie shattered now. These days, you keep your head above water with your own game project, but the work can be even more demanding than your last job. Luckily, one day, a cute and attractive girl comes to your door. You imagine she might be the missing piece of code to not only inspire you, but so much more. Of course, nothing in the Gorge is simple. You discover that she lives with her aunt, a beautiful and mature woman. Will you go for the charming college student? Or the amazing and driven executive?
Then again, perhaps the temptations of the innovative capitol of the world will lead you elsewhere. Only YOU can decide.

I will show you the female protangonists as well

Mia

Mia5_Camera (1).png

Rachel

Rachel3_Camera.png

I saw Yihman's post some time ago. He had planned MST, also sounded interesting in terms of content.
But Wings of Silicon matches better on all aspects to me.
I can totally identify with it, because it reflects parts of my (lately) turbulent life. :cool:

Stay tuned

SinAppeal

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I'm not sure I like the aunt's model, but I'm willing to give it a try come v0.2
Best of luck with your project :)

Reactions: SinAppeal

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
I'm not sure I like the aunt's model, but I'm willing to give it a try come v0.2
Best of luck with your project :)
No worries and thanks for trying it out.

Rachel (Aunt) will of course be developed furthe :cool:

Daril

Jul 3, 2017
Me too, the aunt's face creeps the chill out of me... :eek:
She will fit in an horror game like a witch or a zombie. :ROFLMAO:
Good luck with your project I'll try it when it'll be ready. ;)

• Thinking Face

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
i already improved her face. But she is still a MILF who lives and achieves something, if you know what I mean :p
btw in full size she is looking great :LOL:

Rachel 2.png

Reactions: thehxr and darlic

thataboo

Jan 18, 2018
Imagine if there was a remake of "My sweet Neighbors"?
But not a copycat, but a completely own and innovative remake.

Own interesting plot, actual Genesis 8 Female Characters, modern Enviroments, 30 fps animations, partly a dating simulation, interactions and so much more.

Sounds too good to be true?
Then you can already look forward to it.
I have made a new game, which fulfills exactly these criteria.
Since I don't want to break the forum rules, there will be an official announcement with an own game thread in a few days.

So long I will keep you up to date.
The game will be called Wings of Silicon.
The coolest thing is that the game is based on a true story, which makes it so interesting :)

What can you expect?!

View attachment 1132184

Two years ago, you came to Silicon Gorge, the world''s hippest tech city, as a Graphic Designer. You had big plans and goals, but all those lie shattered now. These days, you keep your head above water with your own game project, but the work can be even more demanding than your last job. Luckily, one day, a cute and attractive girl comes to your door. You imagine she might be the missing piece of code to not only inspire you, but so much more. Of course, nothing in the Gorge is simple. You discover that she lives with her aunt, a beautiful and mature woman. Will you go for the charming college student? Or the amazing and driven executive?
Then again, perhaps the temptations of the innovative capitol of the world will lead you elsewhere. Only YOU can decide.

I will show you the female protangonists as well

Mia

View attachment 1132186

Rachel

View attachment 1132187

I saw Yihman's post some time ago. He had planned MST, also sounded interesting in terms of content.
But Wings of Silicon matches better on all aspects to me.
I can totally identify with it, because it reflects parts of my (lately) turbulent life. :cool:

Stay tuned

SinAppeal
But now the most important question: can you date both at the same time? :cool:

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Mia looks hot, but Rachel looks kinda scary, I have to say.
Thank you
So date with both girls would be cool, I guess.
i will consider this for sure. could be fun

So soon you can enjoy the first demo of WoS.

i am excited to get your feedback and it’s a great honor to remake such a great game from pandelo

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Okay, an extra thread was opened.
So I spent the last 3 days improving the code and luckily I got some support.

So Wings of Silicon will be available for testing soon.
Of course I will give it to the patrons for testing first, before it becomes public.
You can expect about 20 minutes of gameplay.
One more thing: Due to the Patreon rules Incest is not allowed and the account will be frozen. Therefore the game will be a non-incest game for public release.

That means you will be able to date niece and aunt, which are equivalent to mother and daughter. So threesomes are also possible, to keep the rules anyway.

This should not stop the die-hard MSn fans from playing the game.
The code can be changed accordingly by a patcher.

I will also extend the first version (Day1) in time. I plan to incorporate a lot of things. Especially in the game interface.

But before that I would like to have your feedback to see if the direction is right.
Happy Saturday

main_menu.png

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
To clear up any confusion that may or may not exist; I do not wish to take credit as author of the current version that Sin has chosen to release. I call the version he favors the "Sin Cut" which is only 35.1% similar to the version I have written. (Two parts of the similarities include a lesbian scene I had written previously as a part of Damaged Goods, and of course the use of scene names in the code.) Which actually makes it even less similar than 35.1% my writing. Almost none of what I have written remains. My version being the "Yih Cut" Perhaps?

If Sin ever requests for me to release my own cut at some point I will comply and becomes author of this project moving forward. Out of respect for Sin I will not release my cut unless he asks me to.

Here are the differences, and features in the two cuts:

Sin Cut: (Renamed to "Wings of Silicon")

-Renders by Sin
-Gui by Sin
-Initial outline written by Yih loosely based on "My Sweet Neighbors"
-Written almost entirely by Sin
-Proofread by Sin
-Character personalities made by Sin
-Kind / Perv Point System as variables to determine later reactions.
-The Aunt / Niece characters have fixed relationship roles.
-The Inclusion of many single choice menus
-Different choices and results

Yih Cut: (Initially named "My Sweet Temptation", later changed to "Wings of Silicon" at sins request)

-Renders by Sin
-Gui by Sin
-Written almost entirely by Yih
-Proofread by Yih
-Character personalities made by Yih
-Each meaningful choice is attached to an independent variable without a point system.
-Built in walkthrough
-Customize the roles of "Mistress" and "slavegirl", and "Master". These can be changed to be any role the player chooses.
-The Exclusion of many single choice menus.

There are two very much different games written in two very different styles. So yea, Sin is definitely the author of this and be sure to give him all of the credit. He deserves it! Good luck Sin! That's all you buddy I only helped a tiny bit on the "Sin Cut" and it's pretty much all him.

Reactions: thehxr

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
As Yih has already described it, Wings of Silicon will contain some more of me.

promo4 ohne.png

Thank you for the respectful words!:love:
Your version will certainly be of interest as well.

Now you're wondering... Huh?? 2 devs, 2 games? Is this again the next big fight that will end in an inferno?
The good news: Not at all!

Yih is the head of Damaged Goods, that's his baby with my renders and graphical realizations.
https://f95zone.to/threads/damaged-goods-day-2-part-2-yihman1-sinappeal.69672/

Wings of Silicon is my baby. I've always wanted to make an MC game, but at a lvl I can keep up with.

Of course, my writing isn't as artistic and golden as Yih's yet, and maybe never will be. But how would I feel at 65 if I hadn't at least tried.
Even if I fail because no one likes it.
Then at least I tried :D

Ok that was a bit offtopic. So back to the games.
What does that mean to you?
Both games will still exist.
I have transferred thread ownership from Damaged Goods to Yihman. So he will continue to take care of DG.

I will open a new thread with Wings of Silicon, which I will take care of.

Damaged Goods is not dead and will not be abandoned.
I think YIh is already thinking about what Day3 will be like and I'm happy to provide my render power for it.

Nevertheless WoS has more focus for me in the coming days, because I still have to implement some things.
The following has already been mentioned by Yih:

-Renders by Sin
-Gui by Sin
-Written almost entirely by Sin
-Proofread by Sin
-Character personalities made by Sin
-Kind / Perv Point System as variables to determine later reactions.
-The Aunt / Niece characters have fixed relationship roles.
-The Inclusion of many single choice menus
This is partly true, but I would like to add quite a bit to it.

The outline I used was not 1:1 Yih's but roughly my own.
Of course this is based on MSN because it is also partly a remake.

So let's get with the planned game interface features :love::

In the next weeks I will continue to customize the GUI
What can you expect in the future?

• Relationship Manager similar to a dating sim, please be surprised. You will be able to win points. With good decisions and you will also lose points if you overdo it. But every female is different. To some of them you should be like a gentleman. Others require the harder tone. It's up to you to figure out how far you can go.

• A walkthrough like Yih coded for himself will be included, of course. But not on day one. It will give you hints that will help you decide which choices are important and which are less important.

• The Single Menus will disappear over time. They are mostly placeholders. I will add clickable items that you will have to search for from time to time. Usually it's quite logical and not difficult. But sometimes you can find rewards in the room. That can be a challenge. But the walkthrough will help you with that.

• There will be a smartphone mode. This is my little tweak. It will be hard to code, but I think it will be doable. With your smartphone you will be able to call (the other person will be shown with different emotions). You can send and receive messages. And one more cool thing, which I won't tell you here yet.

• There will be a Scene Gallery with the best and hottest scenes.

• I'm also planning a Reward Gallery, with cool renders that you have to unlock and that are not visible while playing.

• To breathe more life into the characters, there will be blinking at different points. This awakens emtions.

• If yo wanna come straight to the point, then there will also be a game over option. So you'll have to be tactful about it in certain situations. But again, the characters are different. Each one requires a little more or less care. You can crack them all :D

• Soundtracks and sfx will be added of course.

• The mainmenu will be changed to be more varied and with a little surprise

• The menu bar is also just a placeholder for now and will be reworked.

• The Choice Buttons will be reworked as well.

• An interactive tutorial for WoS is planned.

• Female Voice implementation for Main character

So these are the new features to the game interface you can look forward to.
Since the whole game is a constant development, it will also be improved continuously. To present a complete polished diamond would be wonderful, but it would 1) never be finished, because there is no perfection and 2) the way is the goal.
The creative process is what I enjoy so much. Seeing the evolution.

So I want to apologize to you if some sections are not 100% perfect especially in the beginning.

So let's switch to the renders:

In Wings of Silicon, there are slightly fewer characters per scene. Why?
My render rig (gtx 1080ti) just can't handle more. Especially with 4+ characters it pulls the power of the GPU down and switches to CPU.
the 1080ti only has 11gb vram and that limits my power. for DG i cheated as best i could, overclocking the 1080tis, but i had irreparable damage to the gpus as a result. which really set me way back.

now i can give you the best result with the rest of the power i have.
Of course I will try to upgrade my renderrig in the future.
So that the quality and speed will be much better.
I plan with about 300-400 renders a month with my current setup.

As soon as the GPU gets better, I will also add more animations. You know that burns up most of the time and as long as the machine is rendering, I can't design.
Also the well known effects from the View of Depth are planned!

About the story:

WoS is partly a remake of MSN. It's just too bad to leave all Pandelo fans (including me) unsatisfied:cry:. It was a great game and way too bad it was never finished. For me, it is a really very great honor and challenge to follow in his footsteps and bring you Wings of Silicon.
This will not be a 1 to 1 copy, but rather a story of its own with elements of MSN. So that you have to smile at one or the other place.

Due to Patreon guidelines it is not allowed to use Mom and Daughter. The policy forbids incest. This is of course a pity. Since someone already reported me for DG, I had longer discussions with the staff of Patreon.

I respect their attitude and stick to the guidelines. The constellation with which a threesome is possible is aunt and niece. I will go this way.There will certainly be modders who will adapt it :cool: btw Steam also prohibits incest. So I keep to both specifications.

Content-wise, the game will be divided into days. Monday to Sunday. You start on a Monday. The story is partly based on true events, which makes the whole thing exciting and gives me this fun to work on it every day.

So that was a really long statement. I hope that I could give you some clarity.

The public release of Wings of Silicon will be soon.

Best wishes yours

SinAppeal

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018
Sounds promising! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. If you are still looking for input regarding the game I would like to see the ability to get together with both women, incest, and prefer VN over sandbox. Sandbox games can be super grindy with very little payoff for the first several releases. On an unrelated note, the second picture of Rachel with the softened features looks great. Good luck with your game!

• Love

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
This sounds really complicated, lol... yihman1 SinAppeal

Why don't you just cooperate and create the best possible game? Everybody wins.
thank you for your lines. We still cooperate and work together.Maybe it just seems to you that we go separate ways. But it isn't. Yih is my friend.
It's just about the core story at Wings of Silicon.
Yih has this very specific idea at DG. And it's a good thing, because that's what made the game what it is today.
With WoS, I want to take a little bit more of the pen like Yih does with DG.

This is not about disadvantaging or excluding the partner. Yih and I have also discussed this for a long time and are in unity regarding this point.

Reactions: batman666

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
Sounds promising! Can't wait to see how it all turns out. If you are still looking for input regarding the game I would like to see the ability to get together with both women, incest, and prefer VN over sandbox. Sandbox games can be super grindy with very little payoff for the first several releases. On an unrelated note, the second picture of Rachel with the softened features looks great. Good luck with your game!
Thank you so much for your praise about Rachel.
It will not be a sandbox game. Especially not one where you can enter different rooms at the same time with different actions. In my opinion, this kind of game play ruins some of the suspense.

There is a linear storyline with some refreshing elements. That expresses it quite well. ;)

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This sounds really complicated, lol... yihman1 SinAppeal

Why don't you just cooperate and create the best possible game? Everybody wins.
We are cooperating, and we are each the leader on 1 game. By leader I mean decides the direction of the game supremely. For a long time we have been 50 50 a team partners and both our say goes. That does sound great and it is a lot of the time, but it also has a major drawback. That drawback is that one of us or both of us would often need to compromise on content and sacrifice some creative control, and that makes it less fun. Now we each have more creative control and it's more fun.

We will still both work on both games in much the same capacity as before, and we want both games to be great.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote