VN - Ren'Py - Witch Hunter Trainer [2023-08-07] [Team Borsch]

1. 1.00 star(s)

dorito-kun

Really hateful, I've been following this game since it was released 7 years ago and I stopped watching it for 4 years and it turns out that it has the same content from years ago with slight changes, it's an insult to everyone.

I really feel disappointed with the developers, well this will be forgotten and they believe that having this as a cow that generates constant income only makes people leave Patreon.

Better support third parties that use this idea than the original project.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

zaqrwe

The only good thing in this game is art. I played it in 2019-2020, and back then it felt just a little bit too dragged and just a little bit away from actual content between two main characters (you and the girl). So then I decided to wait until it's done. Guess what, another three years passed and creators didn't deliver. Only more empty promises and dissapointing side characters content. Furthermore, they seem to ban from their patreon for even mentioning this.

Don't ever give them more money, under any circumstances. And don't bother playing it, unless you're just here to look at nice drawings.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

PATOXXW

I'veen following this game since 2019 and till this day there is no worth content on this game, is very grindy, tedious and all of that for nothing. The main girl "jack" has no cannon sex scenes, bj or even hj. NOTHING of nothing. the entire game is based on giving sex scenes to other characters that are totally inconsequential. For all people who wants to become patreon or support this game and read this i will tell you that you will have 1 (one) update per year with 5 minutes of content and no sex scenes. you have been advertised.
    And a bit of personal experience here. I was a patreon of this people for 3 years and i was asking for explanations for the almost no content of the updates and the time they take for making it. And then they deleted my comment, i saw this and i make another comment and then i got banned of the patreon.
    Don't give money to this people they don't deserve it, Not even a single penny,
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Redyqar

Don't waste your time. Art in this game is good but there is nothing else of value here. Only way for this game to improve is for someone to steal the art and redo the whole game thing.

This game is incredibly disappointing. Art draws you in, keeps you playing in hopes what it will get better (or at least you hope art will compensate for asinine game design) yet it never does.

Gameplay wise it has all the hits:
    Ridiculous grind money/ingredients.
    Poor quest log.
    Nearly impossible without walkthrough (from my understanding quest can interfere with each other so you can put yourself in a situation where you can't progress)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3727657

Writing: 9 out of 10
    Art: 10 out of 10
    Personalities: 10 out of 10
    Events : 10 out of 10
    Sexual tension: 10 out of 10
    Atmosphere: 10 out of 10
    Attractive appearance of the models: 10 out of 10
    Gameplay: 10 out of 10
    Originality of models and story: 10 out of 10
  6. 1.00 star(s)

SIRLOVER

I'll start with positive side of this game,it is her style,grahic,art style it's really good,but whith all this game soooo booooring,you go really fall asleep,while reading this endlessly dialogs,whithout any choices,routes. Unfair this called a ''GAME'':FacePalm:
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gino_Dragone

I wanna write a review for Witch Hunter:
    Excellent graphic component of whole picture. Interesting plot with good lore. Large selection of characters. Beautiful scenes, their variety + gallery. There are cheats that I always like to use hehe. i don't like mini-games, they are quite tedious. WC deserves its audience. 5/5 from <3
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Joycold

The content that is there is great. The art is top tier. However updates take forever but it’s got great bones to it. I’m heavily invested. The story is a pretty solid and there’s a few sexual scenes but there’s a lot more unfinished gimmicks. Like it seems the creators have more ideas than time to work on it. It’s great though despite this
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Dr.Jan Itor

By this point, we really need to take into account how much of bugs and (lack of) content this game has. It was a nice premise at first, but the amount of content in regards to time is, to say the least, non existent. If the dev picks up the slack, Ill perhaps revisit this review, but from what Ive seen from every similar project, this wont go anywhere.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

beefenstein

Yet an another cash grab trying to string along patreon patrons, while releasing content at a glacial pace.

Despite being set in an apparent fantasy setting, also has a bunch of dumb racism against a real minority that contributes nothing to the game and makes the developers seem like knuckle-dragging yokels.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

skaisher

Review for Riviera Voyage

I want to like this game, I really really do.

This game had so much potential when they started and unlike other games, they actually brought out some of it. Sadly there are a lot of problems with this game.

The art is great, but that's about it.

It's incredibly slow, grindy and for some reason actually complicated. There are multiple game overs in this game and you can completely ruin a save file without ever being warned about it. It's just horrible game design.

If you do want to play this (which is understandable with how good the art is), I highly recommend following the guide day by day exactly, just so you don't waste your time. You can also cheat, mostly for money this will help a lot. Just edit a save file to start with 10000 gold and you will save yourself a ton of grinding.

If the devs want to save this game, they need to make it easier and less buggy. You can't have a game where you just suddenly can't progress hours into a playthrough. Honestly, just give me the option to not be able to game over, if they really want to keep it in the game.

they also could benefit from a better mission system, just something to remind/give hints. The fact that I have to follow a guide, just to have a chance of not fucking it up, is insane.

If you get it right on your first try or if you follow the guide and cheat money, this might be a 5/5 game (probably still not, but i'll be generous). the art is genuinely great and the story and characters are interesting. But a game needs good gameplay to work and complicated, buggy missions that cause you to have to start over + grind, that's horrible gameplay. So I have to give it 2/5.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

mrttao

+amazing art
    +jack is adorable
    -10 minutes of new content per year
    -extremely grindy
    -very buggy
    -horrible engrish
    -broken economy
    -unexplained mechanics
    -updates break your save so you have to restart and re-grind
    -after all this time jack finally lost her virginity... to a disgusting fishman in an unavoidable NTR scene despite the game not being tagged as NTR. The fact you can choose to NOT PEEP on the scene where it happens does not fucking make it avoidable, this is called Object Permanence (understanding that something exists even if you can not see it) and is fully developed in a human by the age of 2. Also the fact you, a demon hunter and over protective uncle, see a demon raping jack and do not intervene is just ridiculously OOC.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Draccon99

For the [vRiviera Voyage] version. The team got new guy for animation part, I think and it shows, the scene with the widow was on par with good hentai when it comes to boob movement animation, it just has less frames.
    The animation is seriously amazing in this version.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

axlblade

I like the 2d art, the style, the setting, and the overall look of the game, so Gameplay wise it's great, the story is incomplete so this rating is purely for it's feel, 2d art, and art style. However the story is already good despite it being incomplete
  15. 5.00 star(s)

joselelerele

Take an ambitious young, possibly even a bit arrogant, heroine (what can a man do when young?) with some interesting sexual kinks. Give her a patient and wise mentor, who is not void of his own personal problems, inclinations and passions. Spice it up with a pound of promiscuity, add a half-pint of humor. And finally place it to simmer on the low heat in the city full of supernatural mysteries, in the city braided with web of intrigue, sunk in vice, riddled with corruption and smog bound. That's how you create a quality novella-game for adults.

;)
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Stan Marsh

The guy have + 600 people on patreon, takes an year for each update and the content is like 5 minutes of gameplay and a few images everytime.. The people supporting a minimal work like this should have a plus of having their faces in the clowns of the game.. completely dissapointing
  17. 2.00 star(s)

GamesPhobic

Honestly I'm done giving this game any more of my time. Unless, I see the words "Complete" on it. I've downloaded this game multiple times and each time has been a grueling experience.

Which is a shame to be honest, the art, writing, and premise of this game really are amazing. It's the technical side of things that are so terrible that it outright ruins the experience.
    Multiple ways to bug your game to a standstill causing you to have to reload your file and pick different options per day as to avoid the bug.
    Also there seems to be a lack of explanation for a few mechanics that are crucial to some storylines. for instance, I never saw a tutorial on how to fish. For the longest time I just assumed it was RNG whether or not you caught anything.

With the ratio of development time to content being the way it is, I don't think we're going to see the complete tag on this game for a few more years. I implore the developer to make sure the technical side of this game is stable sooner rather than later. If they wait too long then people are just going to ignore this game come full release... assuming that day ever comes of course.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pros:
    • Excellent Art
    • Decent writing (the characters do have some charm to them)
    • Story has an interesting premise.
    Neutral:
    • A lot of money making methods seem to be RNG based, unless a reliable way to make money comes up then grinding for cash is a slog.
    • What sexual content exists within the game is promising... very promising.
      • However, the main heroine of the game has nothing but a handful of naked scenes and one singular handjob scene that isn't even on a character... unless you count one of the bad endings that is.
      • Due to this I'm holding back on making any hard calls on the sexual content of this game.
    Cons:
    • Not linear enough.
      • Doing certain actions or quests in a certain order or on certain days can softlock your game. This is way more common of an issue than acceptable.
      • Pacing out when quests become available a bit more can help the player understand what they need to be focusing on VS worthless side quest content.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

tahooHi-elf

It has potential. The art is superb but the overall content especially the lewd stuff needs more. But, so far this game can improve if more stuff were to be added, and the little things like grammar were to be fixed.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

bananasinpyjamas

Graphics: 8/10
    Content: 2/10
    Story: 7/10

You need to grind a lot for a few nude scenes. Not worth it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

neroman76

Aside from the slow progress, the game itself is great. It´s not your typical Renpy graphic novel, has good writing, awesome art and I really adore Jack. Sure, would be nice to have more than just a couple of small additions in a year, but it´s still in my top 5 ever.