Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
banner.jpg

Updated: 2023-07-19
Game/Creator: Witch Trainer: Silver /
Modder: Maid Lain - /
Game Version: 1.45.2

Features:

This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and scene in the game Witch Trainer: Silver! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story. I've also improved some of the face expression art for characters to make certain expressions look better and more realistic. You can look at the images below to get a better understanding of how the mod works.

Installation:
PC:
Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "WTS-1.45.2-pc" folder.

Mac:
Unzip the mod -> Right click your WitchTrainerSilver app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents/Resources/autorun" folder -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod into the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

Android:
Just download and install the modded Android apk below. You don't need to install the original unmodded game.

Using the mod:
To open the mod menu after installing the mod, click the mod button near the top left of the screen when you're in-game, or press the "g" key at any time.

DOWNLOAD

PC & Mac: -
Android: -

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:

LaoAnjin

Jul 24, 2017
What to do?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load file E:\Games\WTS-1.44.1-pc\game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/Lain_Overrides.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 801, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore
Exception: Could not load file E:\Games\WTS-1.44.1-pc\game/mods/LainModWalkthrough/Lain_Overrides.rpyc.

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Fri Jul 7 03:02:04 2023

SuperMaxo

Nov 3, 2017
What to do?

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "renpy/script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "renpy/script.py", line 801, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load file %s." % lastfn) # type: ignore

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Fri Jul 7 03:02:04 2023
It's for version 1.45.1: you installed it in 1.44.1

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
I've also improved some of the face expression art for characters to make certain expressions look better and more realistic.
Looks like this doesn't play nice with makeup:
lipstick.png

edit: until Lain has time to fix it, I've gone ahead and attached a version with the altered facial expressions cut out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loran06

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Looks like this doesn't play nice with makeup:
Oh dang, yeah I forgot about lipstick since I never used it. It'd be too much work to also edit all the lipstick images, so I don't plan on making the lipstick compatible, sorry. ^^;

What to do?
Like the person above said, the current mod says its for the 1.45.1 version of the game.

Reactions: doujin1

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
I will say, I am glad you are doing alright, and back to modding, Lain. Playing a bit on both this one and your update on Summertime Saga, and still very useful like I remember them being. Thank you so very much for your work on these!!!

Reactions: Maid Lain

cakndrong

Aug 22, 2019
Thank you for the mod. Just want to inform you that almost at the end of Cho story, most image is broken, like scrambled, not fit as whole image/screen, some Hermione scene too. Most of that happen during close up scene. And then clothes store is laggy. Not sure if it's because of the mod or from the game itself. Hope that info can help future update. Thank you

TreemanStoleMyUser

Oct 20, 2019
Does this remove all of the skip buttons on the text box because I usually only play with the wireless mouse so I can't really skip the text anymore

Dspade93

Jul 20, 2023
Does anyone else have a problem with this game crashing in the middle of playing it with no error message

F1forhalp

Fleetwood Mac - World In Harmony (live, Boston)
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
interesting, guess i'll put this into watchlist.. usually i play it without walky.
good luck keeping up with their numerous code changes, i bet that's a pain in the rear end :D

js2057

Aug 9, 2021
does it work fully? no issues? I'm nervous about replacing the other "game" folder
Make a copy like SuperMaxo said. But I had no problems with the game, no crashes and everything all smooth. I'm not sure if it "works fully" as I never tried it with a previous WitchTrainer version so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything.