Tool Wolf RPG Wolf RPG Decryptor

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
I searched for some time and found a few tools for this task: , and . But the first is extremely old, the second won't run for me, the third don't unpack Unicode names and both second and third don't seem to support file masks.

Since the time I originally wrote this post there were some additional tools that do this job nicely , which is nice but its latest version needs to be compiled manually and , but even its currently most recent version 0.3.3 failed to restore some Japanese file names properly and doesn't support file masks. The author of WolfDec also created GUI utility that supports unpacking Wolf RPG Pro archives using the key form the game exe.

I slightly modified WolfDec from its source for proper Japanese file names decoding. Now it's also possible to run WolfDec "*.wolf" to unpack all .wolf files with default key from up to 3.173 version of the Editor, the same way as my previous DXADecodeW did. Or specify the key manually with either WolfDec -m 6 -s 8P@(rO!p;s5 FileName.wolf or WolfDec -m 6 -k C705CA7D8DE3DEF1D90C85F4 FileName.wolf. Also there is option to guess decryption key from old (<2.281) version archives if default is not working but encryption algorithm is the same.

The compiled program is attached to this post.
It may need latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables installed and requires Windows 8.1+ x64.

Last edited:

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
I searched for some time and found a few tools for this task: , and .

The first is very old, the second won't run for me, the third don't unpack unicode names and both second and third don't seem to support file masks. So I slightly modified DXADecode from the source.

Now it is possible to run DxaDecode.exe "*.wolf" to unpack all .wolf files with default key from 2.20 version of the Editor instead of typing DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 FileName.wolf or DxaDecode.exe -K:C705CA7D8DE3DEF1D90C85F4 FileName.wolf for each file. Also there is option to guess decryption key from an archive if default is not working but encryption algorithm is the same.

The source code included in the archive and can be built with g++ and make.
I have no idea what any of this means but I appreciate you sharing. :)

Reactions: Rastafoo

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Game Compressor
Donor
Jul 5, 2017

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
How you pack files to data.wolf again?
Usually you don't, because most games take unpacked files from folder with the same name as archive all the same. To use the DXAEncode packer it needs to accept unicode filenames and non-standard hexadecimal encryption key first. I just don't see use-cases for this that prompt the additional effort.

bewtyku

Oct 9, 2017
im decrypting wolf file using this software, but after define the archive path why it is stopped? and indicator show "Parsing..." anyone know?
Game : ururuc - rebel's trap R-18+

W65

May 31, 2018
I'm going to leave here a WolfRPG extractor that I've found sometimes works when other ones don't. I think it has something to do with the version of WolfRPG that made the .wolf file, but I don't know any of the details at all.

I attached the entire archive as I found it, but the only file you should need is touhouSE.exe. Run that, set the file type to "all files" and then select the .wolf file you want to try to extract. I don't know what the other .exes do, and I don't know what game this was originally intended to unpack.

No guarantees of fitness or appropriateness for any purpose, and I can't really help out with it since it's just some tool I found on the internet.

thovip119

Apr 5, 2019

The first is very old, the second won't run for me, the third don't unpack unicode names and both second and third don't seem to support file masks. So I slightly modified DXADecode from the source.

Now it is possible to run DxaDecode.exe "*.wolf" to unpack all .wolf files with default key from 2.20 version of the Editor instead of typing DxaDecode.exe -K:8P@(rO!p;s5 FileName.wolf or DxaDecode.exe -K:C705CA7D8DE3DEF1D90C85F4 FileName.wolf for each file. Also there is option to guess decryption key from an archive if default is not working but encryption algorithm is the same.

Dude,thank you,you're my life-saver!!!Originally I keep getting Parsing... every time.

Labnom557

Nov 1, 2017
Hey i have this problem, after i extract Data.wolf the game cant find one of the files. Can anyone help me with this?

SoulDust88

Apr 2, 2019
I'm going to leave here a WolfRPG extractor that I've found sometimes works when other ones don't. I think it has something to do with the version of WolfRPG that made the .wolf file, but I don't know any of the details at all.

I attached the entire archive as I found it, but the only file you should need is touhouSE.exe. Run that, set the file type to "all files" and then select the .wolf file you want to try to extract. I don't know what the other .exes do, and I don't know what game this was originally intended to unpack.

No guarantees of fitness or appropriateness for any purpose, and I can't really help out with it since it's just some tool I found on the internet.

Stranger Thank you. By brotherly thanks. (y);)

3 days looking for how to open .dxa (across all Internet spaces)
147613_DXADecodeW of the topic could not help.
\ DxLib_VC \ Tool \ DXArchive \ DxaDecode From the DX pack, I simply created an empty folder with the name of the archive.
Instructions to roll your software into C ++ VisulStudios This is of course a sensible idea. That's just why it was for so many years, not to lay out the finished build instead of instructions on how to make it. It's a mystery to me, because there are almost perfect AEtools.:FacePalm: (As a result, he made a project. But in vain it did not help.)

But then I got here, and my torment came to an end.:HideThePain:

Feb 7, 2018
I want to extract the sprite from Wolf's Dungeon. Is there anyway for me to extract the .exe file? That is the only file in the folder when you download it. Here is the link to the site.

Reactions: lemongrabb
Mar 2, 2020

Thanks for the Post.
Attached is an Archive with arc_conv, DXADecodeDEC, DXAEncodeDEC, and a Java-based DXA Key Tool.

As was said:
I was wondering if anyone knows how to repackage modified files from an extracted archive back into a .dxa file... or do .dxa files function identically to .wolf files?

Usually you don't, because most games take unpacked files from folder with the same name as archive all the same. To use the DXAEncode packer it needs to accept unicode filenames and non-standard hexadecimal encryption key first. I just don't see use-cases for this that prompt the additional effort.

Doctor Doom

Jul 21, 2017

tried opening DXADecode.exe and DXAEncode.exe in the game folder and nothing happens, just cmd that open and close within 1 second. anybody can help me?

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
It is a command line tool, so you need to provide parameters and run it from Windows' command line.

You can start it by pressing Win+R, tying cmd then cd C:\your_game_dir_with_wolf_files to change directory to the needed folder. Additionally type D: if the folder is on a different drive (D:\ in the example).
Then finally you can type DxaDecode.exe "*.wolf" to run the unpacker.

Also it will work this way only if your game encrypted with default key.

Last edited:

anonymph

Dec 1, 2019
This is precisely what I wanted. Thanks!

Always fun to see how badly some games use their resources.

For Linux users, I can report that it works fine in wine, but your shell/wine may mess around with the glob ("*.wolf"), so you may need to perform the file iteration yourself; not really a big deal, depending upon your shell.

SimplyDex

Jun 17, 2017
It is a command line tool, so you need to provide parameters and run it from Windows' command line.

You can start it by pressing Win+R, tying cmd then cd C:\your_game_dir_with_wolf_files to change directory to the needed folder. Additionally type D: if the folder is on a different drive (D:\ in the example).
Then finally you can type DxaDecode.exe "*.wolf" to run the unpacker.

Also it will work this way only if your game encrypted with default key.
I tried doing what you said, but cmd keeps on saying DxaDecode.exe is not recognized. Anyway to fix this?

Surgy

Modder
Apr 23, 2018
cmd keeps on saying DxaDecode.exe is not recognized. Anyway to fix this?
DxaDecode.exe file should be unpacked to the same folder your .wolf files are (the folder you write in the cd command) or system-wide visible folder (like C:\windows) beforehand.

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
I found the best decrypter for wolf rpg engine(i got this from T++ 3rd party software), it can decrypt any .wolf files one or many
Usage : WolfDec.exe <.wolf-files> or you can extract this in the gamefolder and run the auto extract.bat

Note : only for .wolf files.
Credit :

Last edited: