EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Workers of Kartedhir Banner.png

Overview:
Workers of Kartedhir is a 2D RPG Game, set in a fantasy medieval world whose gameplay is split in two parts:
The prostitute's perspective and the protagonist's perspective.
How those two play out and interconnect is up to you: you may decide to always play from the prostitute's prospective or always from the protagonist's prospective or a mix of both.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2020-05-16
Release Date: 2019-12-01
Developer: - -
Censored: No
Version: R40
Language: English
Length: ~2 hours
Other Games: Winterfire's games
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Demo Video:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

263600_Screenshot7.png Screenshot1.png Screenshot0.png Screenshot1.png 266640_Screenshot0.png 263599_Screenshot6.png 01.png 05.png 335714_1.png BDSM.png DiceScreenshot.png 376118_Screenshot0.png

Last edited by a moderator:

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
It's barebones, has one scene, and is light on resources for a unity game. Also, it has the feel of an older style isometric 2dcg game. My only suggestion in the next update is to add a slightly faster walking speed.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
It's barebones, has one scene, and is light on resources for a unity game. Also, it has the feel of an older style isometric 2dcg game. My only suggestion in the next update is to add a slightly faster walking speed.
There is a key for running, which can be held or simply set to be toggled once.

Is that speed still too low? Otherwise I can just make it so that the walking/running speed can be set by the player, do let me know! Thanks for making the thread/giving out your opinion!

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I will note it down and make it so that you can set walk/run speed from settings in the next update.

Reactions: Selav

Jeszebel

Oct 8, 2017
i like the premise atleast. il wait alittle to try it out til theres more meat on it but thumbs up to the creator :)

Kawus

Jul 24, 2018
This is pretty awful, Why would you take some of the worse aspects of a rpg maker game and remake it in unity?

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I'm not sure the dev quite understands the meaning of the word "protagonist"...

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I'm not sure the dev quite understands the meaning of the word "protagonist"...
The protagonist is the leading character of a story, the game is about slavery.

As of now you can only sell a prostitute to slavery and then get purchased by the protagonist, this may not be so clear in such an early version but in future releases should the prostitute begin to work in a brothel, this event would be "saved" and the protagonist could meet the prostitute you made in that brothel and perform sexual acts with her... Likewise once the carpenter is added you will be able to upgrade your basement and purchase more slaves.

In short, it makes sense to make many prostitutes but not so much sense to make many protagonists.
Also, being the leading character of the story, his "history" and therefore profession are set in stone and will also interconnect with the slaves' histories once you can interact with them (R3!).

Of course I like to give players choices, so they could always play as prostitutes or always as the protagonist (both options will have hentai scenes anyways) but that does not make the prostitutes being secondary characters compared to the protagonist.

This is pretty awful, Why would you take some of the worse aspects of a rpg maker game and remake it in unity?
I am a poor bastard that cannot afford RPG Maker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jokes aside, there are things that I could never do in RPG Maker as I am not as comfortable with Javascript, I find it easier to remake that stuff in Unity and use C#.

Also, if you take a look at the screenshots you will see something that cannot be done in RPG Maker (unless it supports 3D nowdays).

If you explain me what is awful about it, I will make sure to do my best to fix it in the next version, I have already noted down the movement.
If you are talking about the awful empty space in the city, that is where the carpenter building will be.

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
There is a key for running, which can be held or simply set to be toggled once.

Is that speed still too low? Otherwise I can just make it so that the walking/running speed can be set by the player, do let me know! Thanks for making the thread/giving out your opinion!
Where is this scene? I can't seem to find a scene in this.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Where is this scene? I can't seem to find a scene in this.
After you made a prostitute character and enter the Imperial city of Kartedhir, head north and behind the tailor shop you will see an old man, speak to him.

Kawus

Jul 24, 2018
I left a review with my main problems, mainly the movement speed and large map with nothing of importance, also I forgot to add there was a bug where as the prostitute I tried to enter the residential district and could no longer move after the pop up saying this feature is not yet implemented

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thanks for reporting the bug: Are you sure you have pressed "Z" rather than "X" (default keys) to end the dialogue?
"X" hides the dialogue box and it will appear as the dialogue ended but it is still going on... The movement is disabled only when any UI is open (Except for the windows).

The map is empty only because it is incomplete (Missing carpenter for one), then the various decorations (lamps when I will put day/night, barrels, boxes, carts...) the final result will be a pretty cluttered up map, one example you can see from the first release is the protagonist's home (with the exception of his basement's hall which is also missing some decorations).

The movement's speed will be editable on R3.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I left a review with my main problems, mainly the movement speed and large map with nothing of importance, also I forgot to add there was a bug where as the prostitute I tried to enter the residential district and could no longer move after the pop up saying this feature is not yet implemented
I have tried to address some other of your points:
1. The overworld sprites are secondary as this focuses mostly on animated 2D CG art, they are just a means to get around and be interacted with/upon.
That being said, they can look better or worse depending on the colors you pick: If you were to pick red eyelids and then color the rest pure black (0,0,0) it would look... Weird.
Granted the shading would still work despite it being 0,0,0 it is not a good idea to use that much dark tonality even if the choice is given, it can be useful to give more life to your sprite's eyes (0,0,0 eyelids against a pale tonality).

2. The menu sprite is a full overview of the body, it is meant to show the clothing except... There is no inventory yet, the clothes on the overworld sprite are hard-coded in to avoid walking around naked, that image is and will always be static because it will be the only sprite that will show a full view of the body.
You could say it is an upgrade to the overworld sprite... Having a 600px thing walk around in a map would probably be a bad idea but having a 600px sprite to fill part of the menu and show you a better view of the body or clothes you are wearing is definitively better.

What you may feel that is missing is a close-up to show the various emotions and reactions of the character, which is something that will be added on R3 as well:
SI.png
In R3 it will be added only when interacting with the purchased slave but I am thinking about adding this face (toggeable) even during dialogue, it will never appear on main menu though as it would make no sense (And yes, it is surprisingly animated as well).

3. I have tested various times the reported bug and could not replicate it: I tried to stick the character inside the collision but it gets pushed back in place.
Tried with run/walk speed to poke through but the dialogue only appears once and once it closes the movement is enabled again.
It is either a pretty obscure bug that only triggers in some occasions or you hid the dialogue box by mistake.

I hope you will give the game another chance in future and thanks for trying out the game and taking your time to write your opinion and report bugs.
I really appreciate it and should you find another bug or would like to see a feature implemented in the game do let me know.

Reactions: Jentle

Kawus

Jul 24, 2018
you hid the dialogue box by mistake.

I hope you will give the game another chance in future and thanks for trying out the game and taking your time to write your opinion and report bugs.
I really appreciate it and should you find another bug or would like to see a feature implemented in the game do let me know.
Yeah, I most likely hid dialog by mistake, I will give it another shot when you release R3 and possibly update my score then.

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
Hey Winterfire, The game doesn't have window mode and also I got like small black screen when I enter the new area but after I restart the game because to get a screen capture program that bug no longer there and so for now on I going to play until the end of the game so I can understand how everything work after that I let you know my opinion
oh and also I can't zoom out or anything? I feel like everything too big

though, I have to say the chracter look really really remind me of my old horror childhood game ao oni

Reactions: BigCatDaddy

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You should be able to change to windowed mode by disabling full screen from the settings, Alt + Enter should also work.
Let me know if that does not work!

What do you mean by small black screen? Do you mean by entering a new map (Going from protagonist's home to the city, for instance)? If that is the case, it is the fade out screen which is supposed to cover the whole screen but because of a bug it covers only part of the screen (Fixed in R3).

There is no setting to zoom out but if you feel like it should be there, I can test around and see if I can add such an option in future.

Thanks for trying out the game!

MilesKiyaAnny

Jan 18, 2019
You should be able to change to windowed mode by disabling full screen from the settings, Alt + Enter should also work.
Let me know if that does not work!

What do you mean by small black screen? Do you mean by entering a new map (Going from protagonist's home to the city, for instance)? If that is the case, it is the fade out screen which is supposed to cover the whole screen but because of a bug it covers only part of the screen (Fixed in R3).

There is no setting to zoom out but if you feel like it should be there, I can test around and see if I can add such an option in future.

Thanks for trying out the game!
Yes, the fade out screen was small and you should make another option though because only Fullscreen tirck box was abit unclear that the game can be play in window mode but this is only to me though

Anyway I done check everything(including found someone else to talk to than the slave merchent), This game have so much potential like instead of becoming slave right away. you gone work so hard but earn nothing or over spend that you run out and so like the game make the player to choose to become slave for game over for unfortunate or on purpose or perhaps the prostitute can work hard and get a good life and such and fail hard that become slave etc

or perhap the girl can have a good life with no fail? if that not what the game aimming for I guess I dislike the game because lack of freedom

Oh and I found out that I can't load save file after I sold myself to merchant and lock in cell and when I walking upper left and right I can see character eye through head

Reactions: Winterfire
2.00 star(s) 2 Votes