Workflow Daz3d > Blender

stonie44

Feb 20, 2020
Hey everyone,

so I'm using DAZ to make some nice animations, I just like the way how this programs works. My only issue with it is the rendertime.
So I was just wondering about your guys opinions for my workflow.

Do you recommend to do my animations, poses and whatever in DAZ, Export them to blender and final render it there?
Or do you think I should do something else? Open for everything :)

-Cheers

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
What computer specs do you got? Unless you got an AMD card which isn't compatible with Iray, the render time difference between Blender and Daz isn't that much to warrent all the extra time needed to export and import your stuff from Daz to Blender.

As for animations Daz is notoriously known for having bad animation support/work flow. Blender is much better suited for this kind of work, so If you are going to render on Blender anyway I don't see a reason why you would animate in Daz. If you are going to use both programs I would really look into what the strenghts and weaknesses of each program is and decide what program to use for what part of the whole process.

In my opinion these are the strength and weaknesses of each program:

Daz strenghts: easy to set-up a scene, large library of assets (especially characters), can get decent render results without much effort, a lot easier to find free/pirated assets (like on here).

Daz weaknesses: animations workflow, relaint on pre-made assets and morph-packs, can't really make new assets, not much options for environment assets.

Blender strenghts: A more complete Swiss army knife program, much better animation workflow and options, a wider variety of pre-made environment assets from 3D-sites, more options for setting up/rendering a scene, allowing of altering assets anyway you like.

Blender weaknesses: has a steap learning curve, limited amount of (free) characters (often relaint on exporting Daz characters for base), much more time investment needed to set-up a scene, getting lost in all the extra options/forgetting what you were going for.

Reactions: stonie44

stonie44

Feb 20, 2020
What computer specs do you got? Unless you got an AMD card which isn't compatible with Iray, the render time difference between Blender and Daz isn't that much to warrent all the extra time needed to export and import your stuff from Daz to Blender.

As for animations Daz is notoriously known for having bad animation support/work flow. Blender is much better suited for this kind of work, so If you are going to render on Blender anyway I don't see a reason why you would animate in Daz. If you are going to use both programs I would really look into what the strenghts and weaknesses of each program is and decide what program to use for what part of the whole process.

In my opinion these are the strength and weaknesses of each program:

Daz strenghts: easy to set-up a scene, large library of assets (especially characters), can get decent render results without much effort, a lot easier to find free/pirated assets (like on here).

Daz weaknesses: animations workflow, relaint on pre-made assets and morph-packs, can't really make new assets, not much options for environment assets.

Blender strenghts: A more complete Swiss army knife program, much better animation workflow and options, a wider variety of pre-made environment assets from 3D-sites, more options for setting up/rendering a scene, allowing of altering assets anyway you like.

Blender weaknesses: has a steap learning curve, limited amount of (free) characters (often relaint on exporting Daz characters for base), much more time investment needed to set-up a scene, getting lost in all the extra options/forgetting what you were going for.

Hey, thanks for your ops :)
my setup is kinda bad, but im getting some new stuff soon.
My now is:
Intel i5-6400 2.70Ghz
16GB ddr4
Gtx 1070

I soon will have a ryzen 7 3700x
with 32gb. Graphic stays the same.

Alright so, i guess if i do animations only for like this "niche". NSFW, or some pinup arts.
Blender is the better way to go i guess.

So i can use it in a lot more variety. but ye i was used toi cinema4D actually, but alot of ppl told me blender is kinda of better these days.

Thanks for the advice :)