VN Ren'Py Working on parody game based on Shrek universe - need your opinion

ValeGor

Oct 5, 2022
Screenshot_2024-05-25-09-49-50-718_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
Hello everyone! My name is ValeGor, and it just so happens that I am currently working on a game set in the Shrek universe under name "Shreked." This post is primarily written to get feedback from potential audiences. Thank you for reading...
image.png
So, many of you might remember me as the creator of a visual novel set in the Ladybug universe called "Miraculous Stories" That was my first project and while creating it, I primarily just wanted to have fun. I did everything by myself: graphics, script, dialogues, coding, translation, etc. The only exception was mini games, where I had help from more experienced guys with the nicknames Magic1L and AnaLove. Anyway, it was a very interesting experience. Initially, I didn't plan to add any complex features to the novel, but in the end, it had mini games and even a few simple animations. Of course, this took a lot of time and did not bring in any noticeable income, but it was probably worth it. A few months ago, I finished the first episode of the novel and thought it was time to move on. It took me about a year to develop, and I wanted to try something more ambitious. The thing is, "Miraculous Stories" was a simple kinetic novel without a quest system, map, and with a linear plot. There were choices and different branches of events, but they all led to the same ending. I think I couldn't have managed more at that time...

In any case, I am now working on my next project, which will be set in the Shrek universe. Why did I choose this particular franchise? The logic is the same as with Ladybug. I love these universes, but it seems like there haven't been any games made about them. Think about it, in two decades, no one has made any kind of adult game about Shrek. To me, that sounds like a challenge. So I started developing it... However, over the course of communicating with different people, I've realized that my audience is skeptical about this project. Let's just say they have very mixed interest. In polls among my followers, the results were always very balanced – half the people were interested in creating Shreked game, and the other half were against it. So I'm asking here as well – what do you think of this idea? Is this project worth the time and effort? In other words, will it pay off? This includes not only the financial side but the overall situation. For example, with the Ladybug novel, I didn't make any serious money (not even close), didn't become a popular developer or anything like that, but now when you Google my nickname, my projects and my game come up. So, I got some minimal attention, and I'm already very happy about that. But now I want something more because I feel that the invested resources should pay off. I think developers know what I'm talking about...

By the way, I can already show you my progress. Here's a short , and by watching it, you can learn more about my project.
Once again, I ask you to share your thoughts on my game and the idea as a whole. Thanks again for reading!

P.S. You will play as Prince Charming. Maybe most people expected playing as Shrek, but somehow I come up with Charming as more balanced option. You know, that "tricky mastermind" type of character. You may think that adult game based on Shrek universe should be about green ogre and his lewd adventures, but I have different vision. I want to create more down-to-earth story.

Reactions: Odlanier