Tool Unity Working With Unity Games [DNSpy]

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Code Editing:

--------------------------------------------

These projects may require a small amount of programming knowledge, depending on what it is you're trying to achieve.

First thing to note is that Unity is C# based and built on top of the DotNet/Mono infrastructure. It offers little to no protection for the programming code and most variable names are left. Due to this, we can use an intermediate to examine and change the files.

Grab dnSpy from GitHub:

Be aware of what type of game you're editing - most Unity binaries are 32 bit so you'll need to open dnSpy-x86.exe. The target file will be Assembly-CSharp.dll. This can be found in the Game_Data/Managed folder. Do not forget to back this up because you'll make mistakes and you need a clean slate.

Once you've opened Assembly-CSharp.dll in dnSpy, you'll see the interface:

The left side contains the DLLs which can be expanded into namespaces, classes then methods. Right clicking on a method, you can click the "Edit Method" to start changing things. Change something, compile and hit Save Module from the File menu.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
If you've studied a bit of java you should be ok with this. Was testing it myself yesterday and it's not that hard. The hardest part is to find what you want to change tbh :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Like there's only the source for the lastet version, if you haven't the right compiler or are as lazy as me, you can find a binary version at . Choose the "download" tab, then "softpedia secure download".
I just done it and it was virus free, but check anyway, just in case.

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
im looking into the assembly file from the twist with dnspy, trying to edit some values.
i can find what i what to change, the problem is that i dont know what to change it to.

i find a value in hex (0x04000E16), that when converted to decimal (67112470) it doesnt match the value ingame (300).
so, im sure im doing something wrong or there's a step that i didnt do because i have no idea what im doing.
also, i think edit class is the function i want to use to edit the classes, but im not really sure.
any help?

ps: screenshot added to show this particular case.

john8555

Apr 27, 2017
im looking into the assembly file from the twist with dnspy, trying to edit some values.
i can find what i what to change, the problem is that i dont know what to change it to.

i find a value in hex (0x04000E16), that when converted to decimal (67112470) it doesnt match the value ingame (300).
so, im sure im doing something wrong or there's a step that i didnt do because i have no idea what im doing.
also, i think edit class is the function i want to use to edit the classes, but im not really sure.
any help?

ps: screenshot added to show this particular case.

if you want to change stuff in the twist the easiest way iis to click start on your desktop and search run then type regedit to open your registry in there go to hkey_current_user then software then kstgames - the twist in there you can change stats on players it will say like emmascr scr on every character at the end is the ones you can change stats just right click on it and modify then click on decimal and change the value you want , and for money_h to change the money hope it helps you can do that for many games in the registry

drlmnz

Aug 24, 2016
yea i tried the registry edit in the past and it worked, but now for some reason i cant get it to work.
after i edit a value they get reset to the original values on the save.
i think there was a specific sequence that had to be performed, as in editing the registry right when the screen is black, before it finishes loading the save, but that didnt work for me either.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
can anyone give me a list of all unity games?
This forum has an excellent search function and tags for games. Go to the games section and choose the 'Unity' tag and you are all set.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Hi there, if you get the chance to tinker around, or anyone else for that matter... I have been looking for a solid way to disable mosaic shaders via the assembly file. Seen it done on a few games, where the patch is just overwriting the assembly.

Essentially I'm gathering as many methods as possible to tackle game censors, because I find a large amount of games use different methods of displaying the mosaic. I have used dnspy a number of times, and as someone else pointed out, it's most challenging to isolate the values you want to change. Let alone understanding what to change the values to for the desired result. I'm still struggling with this myself, because I'm not that familiar with C#, and it looks like spaghetti.
Feel free to post in the thread from the link below!

Moricano

Jan 30, 2019
Assembly-CSharp.dll
Mine here even opens but doesn't even have tabs to expand and see the content.
I wanted to see the texts of the game and try to make a translation, but without success in opening it. already tried this process with 3 games all 32bits.
Everyone gave like this from the photo.
Untitled 1.jpg :unsure::unsure:

gekk0z

Nov 6, 2017
I am trying to locate the dialogue text files for Agent of Heels using dnSpy. has anyone done it already. can help me with a clue?